3DXChat Community

Iness

I think it's high time development enlarges the name chosing possibilities for the avatars. They are so limited (to numbers and chars now, even in the new beta) that people need to create the weirdest names to get in... Why not enlarge to some special characters and spaces to be able to have f.i. firstname_secondname which would open up many more "normal" naming possibilities like "Proud_Mary" or "Mac_the_Knife" ...

• 4 weeks later...

That would be nice, or maybe allowing just spaces, simbols, or some hidden unique variable that allows to see similar names

So many names are taken, it's hard to pick the name you want. Also we see lots of "XnameX", "xXnameXx", "oOnameOo", or some others, as mine, that used a capital i that looks like the little L, just because those names are taken. I guess my name, and some others will be screwed on looks with the font style change. Too bad, a friend gave me the idea.
Would be great to be able to take the name you want.

10 hours ago, Shara said:

Maybe it could be a good idea to delete those names if they stop playing for 1 years or so?

Well, considering some peps came back after even more than a year's break, I don't think it is a good option. In a way they did pay for their names by subscription, so this would cause more problems, than it would help to solve.

Giving more characters for names would be nice though, expecially space, minus and underline.

Or just not care about doublettes anymore. I mean, how many Susans do we all know?

Edited by Pandorra

Be realistic, you do not use it more, another person could. There are a lot of names that were used less than 1 month and no one would never use them again ever?

Sounds silly to me.

Edited by Shara

I read on some profiles.... returning after a couple of years away... So I tend to agree with Pandorra and MeiLing on reserving the name.

I also agree on having more allowed characters but only basic characters (spaces, dashes, underlines, dots, maybe also #, =, *, +) ooohhhh without insane monthly subscription! 😉

A lot of games periodically do a clean out of inactive un-subbed account names. 

Allowing a space between characters would probably be a better solution and would achieve almost the same outcome. 

"Some" of free to play games do clean. Right. Some horrible, old, silly games that so close to be a bankrupt.

I`d like to save my name. 1 year or 5 years in "not active" status or anything else. People can come back. I haven't been here for 3 years and came back in 2018. And I am not going to watch zeroed account, gifts and anyone uses my name lol That`s silly in my opinion.

Well I lost my name in that SWTOR mmo thing (not sure if it is: "free to play game. Horrible, old, silly game that so closes to be a bankrupt" well I am sure it is still alive and making more money than the most of us!) it was annoying, but at least I hope the other person enjoyed using it.

In my opinion, It it selfish keeping an un-used name, sometimes forever. You can always be XXXX2 keeping the friend list and so on, like when someone changes the name. ¿If someone wanted to keep the name could pay once per year for it, check the status of the game and so on?

Anyway I can see the issues about the cleaning names thing, I am not blind! And they have much more important stuff to do (for instance, adding more options for the names 😋 ) so I think it won't ever happen hehe.

Time ago I played a game that allowed many people to have the same names, the only difference is that each one just had a diferent unique ID that usually players were not able to see.

Something like that could be great, but sounds complicated. Already adding more posibilites would be awesome.

Well having the possibility to have the same name is not that good for me for one reason.

At a time htere was a stalker in game making fake screens of me or my wife to break our couple. When i changed my avatar name from Rukyaa to RukyaaVoerman, i immediately avoided the use of my old name doing an alt that i named Rukyaa. I learned the day after i did it that the guy tried to create a new avatar called Rukyaa. And the only thing he said to a friend it that he was disapointed because he could not call his avatar this name.

If he has the possibility to have the same name than me, he would probably try to bully my wife and i again. (though i agree, deranged peoples like him are not a big part of the game, but there is still this risk)

Edited by Leeloo

Well, similar names could also carry a unique numerical code allowed to be seen by the players, like a document... so each one could be diferenced that way.

People that has mental issues like the one you say are everywhere. Just block and iggy them.
Sucks that you can't have the name you want just because of some creepy stalker. screw them.

Edited by Alys