3DXChat Community

Is it possible with the new clothing...

Caren

Good morning 3dxers!

So, I had an idea with the new clothing system in beta... is it possible to save individual garment settings as a file? For instance, a top with the new patterns, textures, colors, and blending options? My thought is that while there's no way to design clothes for other people, files of specific looks could be uploaded for others to download and use.

What do you think? Possible? 

Have a wonderful day! 

Caren

Edited by Caren

I don't see why that's not possible. The only issue I see would be the avi's body and face would be set to whatever you have it set too and others would have to completely redo their avi's look. Not sure where you'd share the files though. Maybe here on the forum somewhere or on one of the other mods sites?

it should be perfectly programmable to save clothing without avatar settings, that way clothing files could be transferred by mail/discord etc to other users. There's no real problem except the fact it has to be programmed (save avatar only, clothing only, both) :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to make an outfit (colors, fabric, pattern etc...) and share them with some friends, it's easy. Save the outfit, store the file in a site like MEGA or others and share it with your friends.

Ps: the only "problem" is that they will need to change the avatar to fit their own avatar.

3 hours ago, Leeloo said:

If you want to make an outfit (colors, fabric, pattern etc...) and share them with some friends, it's easy. Save the outfit, store the file in a site like MEGA or others and share it with your friends.

Ps: the only "problem" is that they will need to change the avatar to fit their own avatar.

ain't you see the description of this post or you just can't understand... 😕

On 8/1/2022 at 3:42 PM, Lunarelf said:

ain't you see the description of this post or you just can't understand... 😕

where do you see in this post that the op talk of clothes without the avatar ? so no need to talk to me like i'm inferior to you 🙄

Edited by Leeloo

To clarify, by "individual garment settings" I mean files that can be shared independent of avatar settings. So if you have a garment with palette, fabric, blend, and hidden settings that can be shared easily with others. 

I apologize for any confusion. 🙂

Caren 

Edited by Caren
I used the wrong preposition ;p

On 8/4/2022 at 2:26 PM, Caren said:

To clarify, by "individual garment settings" I mean files that can be shared independent of avatar settings. So if you have a garment with palette, fabric, blend, and hidden settings that can be shared easily with others. 

I apologize for any confusion. 🙂

Caren 

It was very clear from the start what you meant, but there's always the inevitable troll...

I reacted in the same way: it shouldn't be too difficult to add an option to save clothing only/avatar only/both but I'm afraid it will have to be programmed to save with or without certain settings and same way the other way around if you load an avatar with or without clothing. For the moment this cannot be done.

I like this idea, it has lots of possibilities with the new pattern system, the only thing I can see as a potential problem is that every avi is different in size, right? Boobs especially. I wonder if when you save your total avi look to file, it also includes the avatar body dimensions when dealing with the clothing aspect of the file so they cover the avi properly. If this was the case when you loaded an outfit file onto another avi, it would not have the necessary data to cover the new avi properly and would clip etc. Unless the way the system works is that the way the outfits cover the avi is some universal automatic process which happens independently of the avi file itself, in which case none of this would be a problem. But I suspect that as the file contains the info for the avi itself (body proportions etc) the outfit data is inherently connected to the avi data in some way.

Edited by Rockster
addition