3DXChat Community

underwater port

Iness

Hi, I have built an underwater dome. When I try it with dome and port both above the waterline everthing works like a charm, when i lower the dome underneath water surface the port function doesn't make me land on the floor of my dome but keeps me swimming halfway.

Is there a way to remedy? I tried different positions of the landing block, underneath the floor, on the floor, slightly above but always same result :(

as far as I understood you want to build a underwater base below the water level? that wont work, as you can't build water-free compartments under the water level. A workaround would be to keep your build above water level and add a block structure with the water material on top of it.

ty MeiLing for your reply and yes, i moved the port deep underneath the dome, on the dome floor surface and slightly  above but none work

Veronique, I guess you're right, it doesn't work underwater. I tried to move my dome below the water surface with its entry point on it but that doesn't work either :(

It's a real pity, guess it's a bug in the program because we can build waterproof constructions and sink them below the surface, so why not being able to access them ?

I like your idea of putting a water block around my dome, but isn't that a bit far fetched ? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Vero I followed your advice but it still doesn't work. It doesn't seem like it's possible to build something underwater whether it is the game's water or one made inside a cube. I included some screenshots to show you what I did: a glass dome just below sea level surrounded by an enormous cube with material "water". That's how it looks from within the dome... :(

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• 4 months later...