3DXChat Community

3dx Update

hotmaya

21 minutes ago, CatKatW said:

I was hoping the new Blog would be used for this but, apart from the initial buzz, things got back to usual... no news 🙄

Well, the dev blog itself is fine when every couple of month comes something what's worth talking about and which features are in focus. But when it get said that it's a goal to communicate more with community and there are no real progression notes about the state that not really makes much sense. 😅

I am not mad or anything but that's the thing with "communication with community". Do it consistent or let it be. A thing between just cause distrust.

Edited by Janet

2 hours ago, Janet said:

As far as is remember there was something said like they wanted to release a build in march? Hope it was not meant next year. Also when i am the opinion it is sometimes not that easy and that some things can make trouble and cause a delay, a short status update hows going would be nice nevertheless.

now I'm just curious how much contents will they put in this update——since everything was setted on Feb.24 and there is a playable version, or at least displayable version on Apr.1, that means they probably already changed the engine or make it playable. If they haven't changed the engine and doing this, everything is simply turned non-sense. Or maybe they're keep using the old engine, but then why Giz mentioning new engine again and again and where they use these days on since they actually start to build this update on January

On the other hand: official discord channel are posting new poses almost... every 3-4 days if we put them on average, and now we get 6-8 poses, just like what we get in the other updates, even a little bit more. But they still not release the new update, that actually makes me curious since other than poses/ eatables there's nothing will take such more time but engine change. But according to my last paragraph... it's kinda contradictory, if it's playable, where is it? if it's not, why do  they make all these since they probably have to reprogramm  it on new engine? Even the new engine itself is mysterious: unity 5 does meaning better quality, graphic or more customizes they can choose, but if everything stays like old days, what's the point of change the engine? Graphics cannot be changed since we still have people running game on low configuration PCs, more quality is like... comes with engine itself? so they still don't have to do nothing but hotfix the stability of the game. And for the customizing... since that's coding and testing it could take longer time. But 2 months passed... even they're coding a DIY rocket, it should be launched into space and either became a space cannonball or falls down immediately. I remember they mentioned they will add more cusyomization to old clothes, but that's also simple since most of the clothes doesn't need any big change, they just have to add a little bit details on them and apply it with  material textures we have. And the others thing I remember is they said that we won't have things like free layered outfit option or such highly editing thingy to existing clothing. so... it all backs to one point: where they put these time on? 

I'm highly doubtful on that either they're making something splendid, or they're simply wasting time again. But it's really thoughtful that why will it takes them so long... and will it worth the time.

1 minute ago, Lunarelf said:

now I'm just curious how much contents will they put in this update——since everything was setted on Feb.24 and there is a playable version, or at least displayable version on Apr.1, that means they probably already changed the engine or make it playable. If they haven't changed the engine and doing this, everything is simply turned non-sense. Or maybe they're keep using the old engine, but then why Giz mentioning new engine again and again and where they use these days on since they actually start to build this update on January

On the other hand: official discord channel are posting new poses almost... every 3-4 days if we put them on average, and now we get 6-8 poses, just like what we get in the other updates, even a little bit more. But they still not release the new update, that actually makes me curious since other than poses/ eatables there's nothing will take such more time but engine change. But according to my last paragraph... it's kinda contradictory, if it's playable, where is it? if it's not, why do  they make all these since they probably have to reprogramm  it on new engine? Even the new engine itself is mysterious: unity 5 does meaning better quality, graphic or more customizes they can choose, but if everything stays like old days, what's the point of change the engine? Graphics cannot be changed since we still have people running game on low configuration PCs, more quality is like... comes with engine itself? so they still don't have to do nothing but hotfix the stability of the game. And for the customizing... since that's coding and testing it could take longer time. But 2 months passed... even they're coding a DIY rocket, it should be launched into space and either became a space cannonball or falls down immediately. I remember they mentioned they will add more cusyomization to old clothes, but that's also simple since most of the clothes doesn't need any big change, they just have to add a little bit details on them and apply it with  material textures we have. And the others thing I remember is they said that we won't have things like free layered outfit option or such highly editing thingy to existing clothing. so... it all backs to one point: where they put these time on? 

I'm highly doubtful on that either they're making something splendid, or they're simply wasting time again. But it's really thoughtful that why will it takes them so long... and will it worth the time.

I wouldn't wonder if they started to update the unity engine a way earlier because "i heared" it's a damn tricky thing and does cause headache all the time. I have really understanding for it but i just wished they simply would communicate more about the state. I really hope they also add most as possible to the material system. Especically dresses and tights. That they have trouble with something is not hard to realize but a life sign would be great. 🙂

1 minute ago, Janet said:

I wouldn't wonder if they started to update the unity engine a way earlier because "i heared" it's a damn tricky thing and does cause headache all the time. I have really understanding for it but i just wished they simply would communicate more about the state. I really hope they also add most as possible to the material system. Especically dresses and tights. That they have trouble with something is not hard to realize but a life sign would be great. 🙂

It is a damn tricky thing indeed, but since they already released something displayable, it should be either playable or they're making their worklist on new engine chunky and chunkier ——if everything may need reprogramm, why not just establish the new environment, then adding more features on it? What they currently do is... kinda confused me.

And yess! It's always nice to have something new for old clothing but it's not that hard, at least easier than update the engine. But since you said they may have some trouble... let's wish they could bypass it 😭

14 minutes ago, Lunarelf said:

It is a damn tricky thing indeed, but since they already released something displayable, it should be either playable or they're making their worklist on new engine chunky and chunkier ——if everything may need reprogramm, why not just establish the new environment, then adding more features on it? What they currently do is... kinda confused me.

And yess! It's always nice to have something new for old clothing but it's not that hard, at least easier than update the engine. But since you said they may have some trouble... let's wish they could bypass it 😭

It confuses because they don't communicate and do half things regarding to community communication. Only they do know what's going on. That's why i said: It does not make much sense to say "we wanna communicate more with community" but don't give news about the status for months.

Added: That only leads into more confusion and distrust. That's why a lot of tiny companies do not offer something like a roadmap or devblog, because that only has positive effect when you communicate consistent with the community.

Edited by Janet

23 minutes ago, Janet said:

It confuses because they don't communicate and do half things regarding to community communication. Only they do know what's going on. That's why i said: It does not make much sense to say "we wanna communicate more with community" but don't give news about the status for months.

Added: That only leads into more confusion and distrust. That's why a lot of tiny companies do not offer something like a roadmap or devblog, because that only has positive effect when you communicate consistent with the community.

True... due to their lack of communicate on everything, it's like we're voting for and opening a surprise box, the only thing we won't know is the gift in there is a finished, exquisite chocolate delight, or one with a bitemark on there, or only a bite of delight and the rest of it is tasteless mud, or... they just give us coco beans and creamcheese🤣

I guess it's better for me to stop expecting for updates for several weeks, and plunge my head into modded skyrim and sims again. Maybe weeks of more freedom on character customizing and things to do can help me bypass this time of waiting🥲

Edited by Lunarelf

13 minutes ago, Lunarelf said:

True... due to their lack of community on everything, it's like we're voting for and opening a surprise box, the only thing we won't know is the gift in there is a finished, exquisite chocolate delight, or one with a bitemark on there, or only a bite of delight and the rest of it is tasteless mud, or... they just give us coco beans and creamcheese.

Wtf😂. I mean what will come they announced, so that will come for sure. But the thing we need to hope are the additional things. Adding more stuff to material system they considered as goal in past already. Just when it comes is the question. The big "when" question is the thing people love to know and at its best yesterday already.

Edited by Janet

On 4/21/2023 at 6:55 PM, NeotheNeko said:

To all the amazing builders out there, y’all are doing awesome and I love to visit rooms and just explore so keep up the amazing work!

I recently learned to build, so i am not in any way, shape or form up there with the amazing ones, but i find it pretty fun, and i would have loved to see you.

One of the not so fun things happened during this weekend when I decided to open one of my rooms that i thought turned out pretty good. First i made the playlists, and since i have played in some minor clubs in real life i wanted them to really stand out and give the visitors a great first impression, so it took a few days to get them "just right".

During the set up phase i realized i needed a hosting service for the stream, and landed on MyRadioStream for €29.43 and since my usual organizer Media Monkey was a real pain to set up and use for streaming, i landed on the pro version of Virtualdj that cost €23/MO.

I used a couple of days to set it up and test that it all worked properly, used the next two weeks to determine what the best time to play would be and landed on four hours on Friday, another four on Saturday and the same on Sunday. All from 5PM to 9PM UK time since it was relatively quiet then and no other rooms played the Industrial / metal / emo / screamo i wanted to play, but i guess i could have missed some that only used a name on the club and not music genre.

On Friday the 21`st at 5 PM I went live for the very first time, and I played until 9 PM with 0 people visiting.

I did the same on Saturday with the same number of people visiting, so on Sunday i used some Xgold and promoted it three, four times every hour and this time i actually got 1 person inside, but he left within seconds, so it could have gone better.

The real irony is that during this time, there where several people in wc that "complained" about the lack of diversity in music and nowhere new to go in here ...

2 hours ago, Nuheni said:

I recently learned to build, so i am not in any way, shape or form up there with the amazing ones, but i find it pretty fun, and i would have loved to see you.

One of the not so fun things happened during this weekend when I decided to open one of my rooms that i thought turned out pretty good. First i made the playlists, and since i have played in some minor clubs in real life i wanted them to really stand out and give the visitors a great first impression, so it took a few days to get them "just right".

During the set up phase i realized i needed a hosting service for the stream, and landed on MyRadioStream for €29.43 and since my usual organizer Media Monkey was a real pain to set up and use for streaming, i landed on the pro version of Virtualdj that cost €23/MO.

I used a couple of days to set it up and test that it all worked properly, used the next two weeks to determine what the best time to play would be and landed on four hours on Friday, another four on Saturday and the same on Sunday. All from 5PM to 9PM UK time since it was relatively quiet then and no other rooms played the Industrial / metal / emo / screamo i wanted to play, but i guess i could have missed some that only used a name on the club and not music genre.

On Friday the 21`st at 5 PM I went live for the very first time, and I played until 9 PM with 0 people visiting.

I did the same on Saturday with the same number of people visiting, so on Sunday i used some Xgold and promoted it three, four times every hour and this time i actually got 1 person inside, but he left within seconds, so it could have gone better.

The real irony is that during this time, there where several people in wc that "complained" about the lack of diversity in music and nowhere new to go in here ...

Trust your taste of music, sometime WC is just as toxxic as it's name: literally a public toilet(washing chamber) to containing and collecting people's toxxic wastes.  And a funny fact: rooms with tons of people are always playing electronics or vulgar/sex themed raps. Even rock themed are not many. Those who has special musics like atmosphere or lo-fi? nobody visits! Or hardly see anyone joining.

just sit back, relax, and keep your good tastes of music and motivation on building. Sometimes this game are kinda sex overdosed, but we don't have to be one of them eh?

21 hours ago, Lunarelf said:

Even rock themed are not many

I feel i see rock rooms all the time, there was one that open just now with 70 people in it seconds after launch, but i`m guessing that was just "dancers" "staff" "friends" and so on.

As for Hip Hop .. well i`ve been in love with it since 83 but i get your point :]

On 4/14/2023 at 1:40 PM, MrPickles2022 said:

that being said there are several room owners that don't use and refuse to stack thier rooms like Morgani & Veronica Lee - Risque

Uhhm i`m in there now, and there are 20 hired dancers, greeters, bartenders, general "staff" and a lot of their friends, so that`s not exactly true, but i like them and their rooms, so i`m staying for a bit.

Yeah but that's a dance team that they first built , the Rockettes have been there i think not sure since they first started and they are all players of this game they are not human less Avi's controlled by one individual.

and hired lets put that word into context because there not paid personal they all volunteer to be that role because they love what they do they might be volunteers certainly but not paid to do a job. Bro i very much appreciate your comments no doubt your voice was heard by me at least anyways 

Well, I am not going to argue over semantics, "hire" was used to illustrate that one uses someone else to help the room grow, regardless of pay or not, but if you insist we can talk about the concept of altruism, and whether or not it truly exists in order to determine if someone is getting paid or not, but a forum for a sex game hardly seems like the place for it.

I do like their builds, and the people in them as you get the feeling that it is a labor of love, and i will probably drop by again sometime.

On 4/25/2023 at 12:38 AM, Lunarelf said:

I guess it's better for me to stop expecting for updates for several weeks, and plunge my head into modded skyrim and sims again. Maybe weeks of more freedom on character customizing and things to do can help me bypass this time of waiting🥲

This is the best advice anyone could receive. 
Forget about updates, they will come when they come. Do what you enjoy doing, move onto something else if there's nothing to enjoy. 💟

10 hours ago, JenC said:

This is the best advice anyone could receive. 
Forget about updates, they will come when they come. Do what you enjoy doing, move onto something else if there's nothing to enjoy. 💟

It's true, life surely goes easier when I'm not expecting update that much... but it also decreases my  times and desires of going back to game. But after all... I'm happy🥲

Edited by Lunarelf

Compared to the speed of version updates of 3dx,  its worth to look at midjourney (founded 22) an AI generating pics by promts.

Every time a new version is released it will replace the older one with a much higher quality. Faces shown in the pics V3 (released in 22), V4 (released dec 22) , V5 (released march 23) , V6 (!) comming up soon.

3dx uses still the hairstyles released in 2016! , 7 (seven) years ago.

its time replacing the creepy old e.g. hairstyles (m/w)  and catch up the future. What do you think ?

hair1.JPG

hair2.JPG

hair3.jpg

hair4.jpg

hair5.jpg

hair01a.JPG

Edited by hotmaya

20 minutes ago, hotmaya said:

3dx uses still the hairstyles released in 2016! , 7 (seven) years ago.

Of course it does !

3dx uses the hairstyles released in 2016 PLUS a lot of newer ones.

I understand your point. I would also love to see more variety / quality on everything (hair styles, faces, clothes). Well... not exactly everything (thinking of ears, tails, wings, handbags and such).

1 hour ago, CatKatW said:

Of course it does !

3dx uses the hairstyles released in 2016 PLUS a lot of newer ones.

I understand your point. I would also love to see more variety / quality on everything (hair styles, faces, clothes). Well... not exactly everything (thinking of ears, tails, wings, handbags and such).

I just wish we can have blunt bangs or thicker fringes... or just some hairstyle that doesn't expose my forehead. I dunno if devs hates fringes or not... but to be honest: I'm okay with almost every outfit we have it's sexy style or a little slutty style, but please... expose forehead its neither sexy or slutty! who will make a cute bobcut and decide to cut out one piece anyway!😭

7 hours ago, hotmaya said:

What do you think ?

There are apparently four hacked versions of the game currently running on private severs now so I think Gizmo and Liza are busy focusing on trying to salvage what they have, rather than create more.

2 hours ago, Atle said:

There are apparently four hacked versions of the game currently running on private severs now so I think Gizmo and Liza are busy focusing on trying to salvage what they have, rather than create more.

the pirated servers got only one and one fatal thing that they can't ripped off from official: All the contents after patch v3.0. After that patch, all those contents created with objects after v3.0 will not showing in pirated servers, even they got the same objects, but due to the coding problem, it eventually makes them lost some parts and can't use any player made modes who uses those objects. It could be a neat way to prevent your mods get pirated. On the other hand: the old face/head model is simply...... ugly, even pirated servers have a lotta cool things 

pirates are not seems like the major problem that devs are worried for... and best way to prevent pirating is making something they don't have eh? But until now... we still not sure what are they busying on😭

Edited by Lunarelf

It does show very recent content on one of the sites, well unless the vids i saw was manipulated, and there are a ton of stuff that we only dream of ...  so if it was me, I would focus on damage control.

Then again, I think most of us have very little interest in moving to some shady servers that only exist because they stole the content from here, I know I certainly don`t, so maybe the dev`s think like that too and focus on creating and the new update ... ?

Who knows, it`s not like we are kept in the loop about anything ...