3DXChat Community

Using 3dxchat on an M1 or M2 Apple Mac works well

SassySam

Just wanted to share how I got this work. Installed Windows 11 through Parallels on my M2 MacBook. The 3dx chat installer wont run because its an ARM version of Windows 11. All you need to do is get the install files from a working copy on a windows machine. I copied c:\Games\3dxchat folder and pasted into the virtual machine in the same file location. Then just start the 3dxchat.exe and it all works. I find the graphics are sometimes glitchy when entering a room but after that it works well, in fact it runs better than on my i7 evo laptop with iris Xe graphics. Hope this helps out !

R.gif

2 hours ago, SassySam said:

Just wanted to share how I got this work. Installed Windows 11 through Parallels on my M2 MacBook. The 3dx chat installer wont run because its an ARM version of Windows 11. All you need to do is get the install files from a working copy on a windows machine. I copied c:\Games\3dxchat folder and pasted into the virtual machine in the same file location. Then just start the 3dxchat.exe and it all works. I find the graphics are sometimes glitchy when entering a room but after that it works well, in fact it runs better than on my i7 evo laptop with iris Xe graphics. Hope this helps out !

maybe, glitchy is due to VGA Memory usage