3DXChat Community

file to big

Shudawg412127

7 hours ago, Danery said:

oh no! 🙀 usually it should be around 700kb 😅

also avoid to use a lots of fogue and light with reflection

I built an entire city with nightclub, bar, coffee shop, art gallery, spa with sauna and swimming pool,2 offices, 2 large penthouses, park and a small beach all in one room and i still only came to 670 kb ...

It 700 is the average now it is `casue of all the "junk" people add and let`s not forget pictures or lettering that often get`s huge in size.

Building in 3dxchat is pretty much using your creativity to make work arounds, compromises or substitutes for whatever you're trying to do. If it's corn fields suggest trying looking at shapes and textures, in order to see if there could be any substitutes or something that give same feeling or look somewhat. Also keep in mind with something like corn fields most are likely not going to be watching them up close. So you may be able to get away with things you otherwise wouldn't be for appearances due to possible distances. 

One idea could be using egg shape for top and try find texture that could look like corn if you make them yellow, then make simple stalks if you have not already done something like that to reduce size down.

Edited by TashaTight

12 hours ago, Danery said:

oh no! 🙀 usually it should be around 700kb 😅

also avoid to use a lots of fogue and light with reflection

Think it's the number of items involved tried doing smaller patch of corn just to test how much it used and got up on around 794kb, not entirely sure if there is duplicate items or concentration of many objects piled closely together. I guess could have cut away some top leaves to put it down further, but just wanted to test how few items he could it down to making corn field he talked about. But think is the problem with too few premade assets since making new items and furniture quickly ramp up the size, it is definitely lot of size considering my neighborhood with 12 houses, 1 small school, small town photographer and small cinema is only about 1667kb total.

Which I think again stresses importance of us getting more premade assets for world editor to lower room sizes. Also it is very small patch one I made, can't begin to picture it in situation of some actually big corn field.

Cornfield.jpg

World file size  is only affected by the quantity of props, not their scale.

Example: the two grass patches shown above by Alexa occupy the same size in world file.

A tool to reduce world file size by reducing the number of decimal places of coordinates, angles and scales can be found on the below thread.

Using 4 decimal places (0.1mm 0.004in) is enough and won't create gaps. 

(the tool does much more than this 😉)

Depending on the file you can reduce size by 20 to 30% or more.