3DXChat Community

One direction teleporter variants

TashaTight

Think would be nice adding as title says variant of the teleporters that have one activated directional teleport, so essentially stepping on to it would teleport you one place. But teleporter landing spot would not act as way back returner. I think it would be good for specific purposes like maze games or introduction to theme landing spots and probably many other interesting ways of using them. 

9 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

just put the landing teleporter just a bit "underground". That should work.

Thanks for the tip, still think would been nice to have the feature since I am sure myself included many did not know about that trick.

You can also place the teleporter pad vertically in case you don't have too much space.

By default you can only rotate the pads horizontally, but if you change the Global/Local switch to Local you can now rotate it vertically.

It can be handy on some situations: I had 3 pads in a corner forming an "L" and I was having trouble accessing the central pad because I was always being caught by the lateral pads. Making the lateral pads vertical gave me room to access the central one.

Just make sure you keep the zone with the printed feet slightly above the ground (otherwise you will have the one-way teleporter effect).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand your question... A teleporter placed in a room is usable by everyone in that room (owner and guests).

If both pads are slightly above the ground, you have the traditional two-way teleporter. If one of the pads is slightly below the ground, you can only go in one direction because this buried pad won't be detected. If both pads are slightly under the ground will make teleport totally useless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/26/2022 at 8:42 PM, CatKatW said:

You can also place the teleporter pad vertically in case you don't have too much space.

By default you can only rotate the pads horizontally, but if you change the Global/Local switch to Local you can now rotate it vertically.

It can be handy on some situations: I had 3 pads in a corner forming an "L" and I was having trouble accessing the central pad because I was always being caught by the lateral pads. Making the lateral pads vertical gave me room to access the central one.

Just make sure you keep the zone with the printed feet slightly above the ground (otherwise you will have the one-way teleporter effect).

Did they fuck it up with the update? All my one-way gimmickst are ruined,because you can easily go back...

@GizmoThere were also discrepancies between male and female activation of the portals. Females need portals to be slightly higher at minimum than males do. (maybe raycast from the player instead of their model. or just use trigger volumes instead of raycasting)

I think one-way portals would be more user-friendly for newbies (green entry, red exit). Or just give portal objects some settings, like a checkbox that could be true or false.

2 hours ago, Xaufin said:

@GizmoThere were also discrepancies between male and female activation of the portals. Females need portals to be slightly higher at minimum than males do. (maybe raycast from the player instead of their model. or just use trigger volumes instead of raycasting)

I think one-way portals would be more user-friendly for newbies (green entry, red exit). Or just give portal objects some settings, like a checkbox that could be true or false.

what for? Two way portals are very useful...

56 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

what for? Two way portals are very useful...

Well wouldn't want to not have two way teleports, just think having 1 way option would have some useful purposes. Like if you make a maze game you could spread out players across the maze at random spots, another could be making introductionary room or lobby where you could be greeted with some informations before moving into main room, it could be for room portal for roleplay that give you options of selecting area to go if there is more than one room theme, where you don't necessarily want guest to go back with teleporter again.

21 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

two way portals are very useful for most of players...So it would be new portals. no reason to change. The more option the better.

Uhmmm... 

On 4/26/2022 at 10:46 AM, TashaTight said:

Think would be nice adding as title says variant of the teleporters that have one activated directional teleport