3DXChat Community

World chat is a cesspool. Chat Mods Please?

Tracer

Leopardus, not sure we ever met in game, but you will be missed.  You are taking a stand and I admire that.

It is for similar reasons I do not use other social media platforms.  So why am I here?  I am lucky I guess?  I have managed to find in my circle of fellow 3DX'ers pretty decent and respectful people.   Have I come across those that have rubbed me the wrong way (or vice versa!), yes.  But bullying or hateful?  Luckily, no.

I don't condone this bad behavior, I abhor it.  However,  this place needs more of us, not less.  Wherever we go we are forced into dealing with unappealing others.  It can be family, coworkers, neighbors.  It's not easy to just walk away, we'll just end up walking, and walking, and walking.  

I like it here and want to make it a better place for all that join me here.  I hope us good ones can hang together and perhaps someday, SGD gets their shit together. 

Edited by JackPine

6 hours ago, Derai said:

You are disgustingly optimistic

Rereading what I wrote I almost threw up! 😉  

One doesn't have to look far to see terrible examples of how horrible and easy it is for humans to be cruel to each other.  Very Quixotic of me I know, but I hang my hope on kindness winning in the end.  

16 hours ago, JackPine said:

My earlier comment on free speech was geared more towards those idiots in World Chat.  By all means, if you really want to talk that way, it makes it really easy to identify and shun you.

Yikes. If I offended I apologize - but I struggle to see how. I think if you check the post again you would see I wasn't replying to you: My reply was directed towards the poster that I directly quoted who had said:

[b] Well its not your own private forum neither the game is, so your desires and wishes has the same importance as the other paying customers, not less, but not more. If someone wants free speech in WC - they are entitled to have this opinion and voice it, as much as you are. [/b]

My point being that no the wishes for free speech of the users don't override the rules of the server.

Edited by Tracer

1 hour ago, Tracer said:

Yikes. If I offended I apologize - but I struggle to see how. I think if you check the post again you would see I wasn't replying to you: My reply was directed towards the poster that I directly quoted who had said:

[b] Well its not your own private forum neither the game is, so your desires and wishes has the same importance as the other paying customers, not less, but not more. If someone wants free speech in WC - they are entitled to have this opinion and voice it, as much as you are. [/b]

My point being that no the wishes for free speech of the users don't override the rules of the server.

No offense taken. 🙂

The rules stated are easy to follow, if one has any amount of respect and commonsense.  However, from a look at world chat most days, and even some of the names on open rooms, we have our fair share of adult children  and rules that are not being enforced.  I tried to challenge this once, and I was the one sent to a forum timeout for 2 weeks.

Would I appreciate something being done?  Yes!  But, I am not good at holding my breath. 

I do understand that people are getting offended by reading World Chat.

But I don't understand why people trying to make their problem (inability to just close it and don't look at it for whatever reason, maybe they are very emotional and easily getting hooked seeing some shit in chat) into a community problem (bringing mods who will either 1. Be able to abuse power. 2. Or... will cost money to devs).

There are two easy solutions:

1. Option to hide world chat. To hide it completely in settings so it does not even appear on game load.

2. Complete removal of WC, its a fucking trash anyway. 

1 hour ago, Xizi said:

I do understand that people are getting offended by reading World Chat.

But I don't understand why people trying to make their problem (inability to just close it and don't look at it for whatever reason, maybe they are very emotional and easily getting hooked seeing some shit in chat) into a community problem (bringing mods who will either 1. Be able to abuse power. 2. Or... will cost money to devs).

There are two easy solutions:

1. Option to hide world chat. To hide it completely in settings so it does not even appear on game load.

2. Complete removal of WC, its a fucking trash anyway. 

I think part of the issue is that World Chat and the dumpster fire it has been for years, is a glaring symptom of a bigger issue.
And that is the Developers not caring, or at least not seeming to care what happens to their game.

Rules are great, but also meaningless if not enforced.
And the same thing with giving the players the options to regulate what they can see. (I.E. World Chat toggle)

Nothing is done except some token statements every few years.
But nothing concrete.

They announced there would be a Word Filter on the Room Lists a year ago or so.
Nothing done about it.

The list goes on and on, and World Chat is just the most visible aspect of that Lack of Interest by the Devs in their own game.

9 hours ago, Derai said:

I think part of the issue is that World Chat and the dumpster fire it has been for years, is a glaring symptom of a bigger issue.
And that is the Developers not caring, or at least not seeming to care what happens to their game.

Rules are great, but also meaningless if not enforced.
And the same thing with giving the players the options to regulate what they can see. (I.E. World Chat toggle)

Nothing is done except some token statements every few years.
But nothing concrete.

They announced there would be a Word Filter on the Room Lists a year ago or so.
Nothing done about it.

The list goes on and on, and World Chat is just the most visible aspect of that Lack of Interest by the Devs in their own game.

Well, I am not sure if devs care about game or not, I think its important for them at very least as an income source and anyway neither me or you cant get into their heads.

But yeah, I agree that 3dxchat needs more love, more time and work invested in it, so it could bloom and be a better place (even if I love it as it is, I see how much unused protentional here, well, I think almost everyone sees it). And yes... updates are so slow, and I am not only talking about clothes and sex, but also quality of life futures - like the word filter you were talking about...  But I honestly don't think we can do much about it. I mean we can complain here, but will it have any effect? The only somewhat effective way is stopping to pay/play - but... It can just kill the game instead of giving motivation to devs, so its not my way. 

25 minutes ago, Xizi said:

Well, I am not sure if devs care about game or not, I think its important for them at very least as an income source and anyway neither me or you cant get into their heads.

But yeah, I agree that 3dxchat needs more love, more time and work invested in it, so it could bloom and be a better place (even if I love it as it is, I see how much unused protentional here, well, I think almost everyone sees it). And yes... updates are so slow, and I am not only talking about clothes and sex, but also quality of life futures - like the word filter you were talking about...  But I honestly don't think we can do much about it. I mean we can complain here, but will it have any effect? The only somewhat effective way is stopping to pay/play - but... It can just kill the game instead of giving motivation to devs, so its not my way. 

I agree, nothing we say can change anything. 

It’s basically just venting and bitching about it by this point. 

This is old news. Unless the devs do something about it, then it's never going to change. The reason is people have this sense of impunity due to being behind a computer screen and often confuse free speech with abuse. Just because you're free to say whatever you want, it doesn't mean you're free from the consequences.

The best solution is: ignore WC altogether, plain and simple.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:29 PM, Leathium said:

Why even debate about it? Just ignore/block the people and done, you don't have to actually read the toxic shit going there, so simple and easy.

This comes up time and time again.

Because we PAY for a chat service. Because why should we have to reduce the features of the service we apy for simply because others vandalize it?

World chat is the single most powerful form of communication in the game but it is flooded with abuse and spite to the point that many people ignore it completely. This means that it doesnt matter if *I* block all the haters. If I type a message there (about shared interests/ asking for help/ or just trying to be social within our community) the effort is mostly wasted because most of the community will never be bothered to read it - and even the ones who do have world chat open will miss it becasue my message will get quickly drowned out by the hate spam. I also open myself up to abuse and ridicule simply by attempting to post in World chat, if some troll finds my comment worthy of their abusive attention.

So. No. Blocking is not a solution. It is a way to deny the problem exists.

2 hours ago, Tracer said:

This comes up time and time again.

Because we PAY for a chat service. Because why should we have to reduce the features of the service we apy for simply because others vandalize it?

World chat is the single most powerful form of communication in the game but it is flooded with abuse and spite to the point that many people ignore it completely. This means that it doesnt matter if *I* block all the haters. If I type a message there (about shared interests/ asking for help/ or just trying to be social within our community) the effort is mostly wasted because most of the community will never be bothered to read it - and even the ones who do have world chat open will miss it becasue my message will get quickly drowned out by the hate spam. I also open myself up to abuse and ridicule simply by attempting to post in World chat, if some troll finds my comment worthy of their abusive attention.

So. No. Blocking is not a solution. It is a way to deny the problem exists.

Sometimes I wonder how long it would take for someone to be banned, if they instead of spewing the usual bigoted bullshit WC is now know for.
They instead started advertising competitors of this game, or just start insulting the Devs.

I have a sneaking suspicion those people would get banned much much faster than someone yelling racist or transphobic slogans in chat.
Makes you think, doesn't it?

I brought a question up in forum once, then tagged Devs directly.  That did get a response, a 14 day suspension. 

In a separate thread, another is lamenting the forum seeming to have lost the positive and fun energy it used to have.  Geez, I wonder why?

My subscription is up for renewal and all this does go into decision making.  Feels like the bad here is winning. 

On 4/19/2022 at 2:41 PM, JackPine said:

Rereading what I wrote I almost threw up! 😉  

One doesn't have to look far to see terrible examples of how horrible and easy it is for humans to be cruel to each other.  Very Quixotic of me I know, but I hang my hope on kindness winning in the end.  

We don't deserve you, Piney! You're too good for this place ❤️

Noticed several times being the case with some debating getting quite heated, while I am not in habits of reporting anything it seems to be focal point for many heated discussions, personally I think it's not a great thing since many are likely here for escapism and while you could just try ignore world chat entirely, there is that is share chat window with everything else, so if you're in your own room alone doing something building or just relaxing it is kinda avoidable less you minimize chat window and look for any green blinks from potential PMs coming in.

I assume rules were in place with intention of allowing escapism and ability to kinda shelf some these things you often get bombarded with everywhere on local media, but if we have no way of really avoiding world completely outside said options. It become challenging to avoid it entirely, I wouldn't mind to see it gone and only have local chat with rooms you're in and PMs, then maybe optional announcement window for events maybe with much longer cooldown for typing so it be harder conducting debates there for the narcissists and trolls to stir up drama around themselves or sensitive topics.

• 2 weeks later...

The best thing you can do about World Chat is just ignore it. Go into your settings (the gear icon in the top right corner of the chat window) and turn off visual and audial notifications for World Chat. That way you're never even reminded that it's there. xD That's what I do. I only jump into World Chat if I'm morbidly curious to see them bickering like schoolkids on a playground, or to troll and confuse them out of boredom lol.

I really don't know why they always insist on arguing and insulting each other in there. I guess a lot of people who are on 3DX are just very unhinged and don't have very good social skills. That doesn't at all excuse their behavior though. Especially when, as you say, they tell people to hurt or off themselves irl. I don't even bother using the Report function anymore because little to nothing is ever done about the toxic people saying that stuff. And even if their account is banned, they just make new ones (and many of them already have multiple accounts anyway). 

The more distance you keep from World Chat, the better your experience of the game will be. ❤️

Edited by Yagi

🇫🇷 Bonjour,

Peut être que cela été dit quelque part dans ce fil de discussion. J'ai lu les premiers postes, puis j'ai survolé le reste. Quelqu'un a dit, excusez-moi, je ne sais plus de qu'il s'agit, alors par avance je m'excuse au près de cette intervenant, que (je paraphrase) : " avoir des modérateurs, c'est bien, mais que cela entrainerait une dépense d'argent et que de ce fait, quitte à dépenser de l'argent, autant le faire dans le développement pour ajouter du contenu."

Je dirais non, pas forcément. Oui, plus que jamais il serait grand temps que Gizmo et Lisa constituent une équipe d'administrateurs et de modérateurs pour réguler le chat local, mais aussi toute la plateforme. Je dirais même que depuis tout ce temps, c'est une nécessité, mais ils peuvent le faire sans dépenser de l'argent.
Ils peuvent tout a fait constituer une équipe de la sorte, avec des volontaires bénévoles. Des gens qui sont prêts à aider, s'investir, travailler de façons: sérieuse, objective et neutre (car c'est ce qu'il faut pour être un bon administrateur ou modérateur), être actif, et réactif afin d'être le plus efficace possible. Des personnes, qui sont prêtes à donner un peu de leur temps chaque jour, même une heure de leur temps. Si tu as dix, ou 20 personnes de part le monde, qui sont prêts à donner, 30 minutes, ou une heure de leur temps chaque jour, le chat local et la plateforme seraient sous surveillance en permanence.
Il leur faudrait également, faire un barème ou une échelle de sanctions, stipulées dans les Termes et Services, allant de la petite suspension de chat local pendant 1h à 24h ou de 3 jours à 1 semaines, 1 mois, voir suspensions ou ban de la plateforme allant de quelques jours à quelques semaines voir, définitif. Cela calmerait les fauteurs de troubles.

Tout cela, ce n'est pas bien compliqué, il suffit de vouloir le faire. Le plus dur serait peut être de trouver les personnes volontaires. Cela se fait déjà sur d'autres plateformes. Sur RLC par exemple, c'est le cas. Ce sont des utilisateurs comme les autres, ils signent une charte, et en échange ils apportent leur aide. Il y a ainsi des équipes modérales qui tournent en permanence, et des équipes de staff volontaires qui aident les nouveaux venus. Ils ont des badge spéciaux, qu'ils appliquent dès qu'ils prennent leur fonction. Sous leurs noms, c'est marqué : Administrateur ; Moderateur ; Staff Volontaire. etc. C'est tout à fait faisable ici.
Ainsi, leurs ressources continuent d'être attribués au développement et contenu.

C'est juste une question que les propriétaires de la plateforme doivent s'y intéresser et s'en préoccuper.

🇺🇸 Hello,

Maybe it was said somewhere in this thread. I read the first few posts, then skimmed the rest. Someone said, excuse me, I don't know what it is, so in advance I apologize to this person, that (I paraphrase): "having moderators is good, but that it would entail an expense of money and that therefore, even if we spend money, we might as well do it in development to add content."

I would say no, not necessarily. Yes, more than ever it is high time that Gizmo and Lisa set up a team of administrators and moderators to regulate the local chat, but also the whole platform. I would say that since all this time it is a necessity, but they can do it without spending money.
They can set up a team like that, with volunteers. People who are ready to help, to invest themselves, to work in a serious, objective and neutral way (because that's what it takes to be a good administrator or moderator), to be active, and reactive in order to be as efficient as possible. People, who are willing to give a little bit of their time every day, even an hour of their time. If you have ten, or 20 people from all over the world, who are willing to give, 30 minutes, or an hour of their time every day, the local chat and the platform would be under permanent surveillance.
They would also have to make a scale of sanctions, stipulated in the Terms and Services, ranging from a small suspension of local chat for 1 hour to 24 hours or 3 days to 1 week, 1 month, or even suspensions or ban from the platform ranging from a few days to a few weeks or even, definitively. This would calm down the troublemakers.

All this, it is not very complicated, it is enough to want to do it. The hardest part would be to find the volunteers. This is already done on other platforms. On RLC, for example, it is. They are users like any other, they sign a charter, and in exchange they help. So there are permanent moderating teams, and volunteer staff teams that help newcomers. They have special badges, which they apply as soon as they take their position. Under their names it says: Administrator; Moderator; Volunteer Staff. etc. It is quite feasible here.
So their resources continue to be allocated to development and content.

It's just a matter that the platform owners need to be interested in and concerned about.