3DXChat Community

Serious Bug In Stair Joins

DireTeddyBear

I've noticed in several privately-built rooms that stairs have been causing problems lately, rooms that haven't had issues with them before. 

Then a build I made for someone came back to me because the stairs weren't working. This was using a duplicate of a stair setup I have used in many builds with zero incident. I tried to realign the stair sections to no avail. It still had that odd hitch that for the most part completely blocked the use of the stairs.

So, I went back through my builds and ALL of them are having the same problem. These are stairs in rooms that have worked fine for years.

Anywhere two sets of stairs join up to make a longer set, that join is for some reason not allowing avatars to cross the division. This is messing up the movement in a lot of rooms. I can't say when it started because I've gotten lazy and tend to use the good old partnered pose transport to move upstairs directly to the furniture. 

But developers, this is having a seriously detrimental effect on getting around in several privately-built rooms I've been in for (I want to say) the last month or so? It's really hard to say because I don't regularly use the stairs in my own rooms. Like I said, laziness effect.

This needs to get looked at soonest, it seems like a pretty serious movement bug. Thanks.

I talked with some other folks, and this apparently started happening with the latest update. One person suggested it had to do with the angle, however I'm using the stairs at their default angle. The consensus so far, though, is that it had something to do with the last software change. Also confirming that frustration over the clumsy stair issues runs fairly high.

Edited by DireTeddyBear

Usually you can fix the issue by changing the Z scaling of each stair item from 1 to 0.9999 (there are several posts about this on the forum).

The change is minimal so it won't affect joints but it will bring the angle just below 45º making stairs usable again

... until the permanent fix is released

Edited by CatKatW

1 hour ago, CatKatW said:

Usually you can fix the issue by changing the Z scaling of each stair item from 1 to 0.9999 (there are several posts about this on the forum).

The change is minimal so it won't affect joints but it will bring the angle just below 45º making stairs usable again

... until the permanent fix is released

What Cat is saying. Even on terrain, you can't walk up a mountain that is more than 45°. Let's hope the devs get rid of this bug!

19 hours ago, DireTeddyBear said:

I talked with some other folks, and this apparently started happening with the latest update. One person suggested it had to do with the angle, however I'm using the stairs at their default angle. The consensus so far, though, is that it had something to do with the last software change. Also confirming that frustration over the clumsy stair issues runs fairly high.

It is definitely the angle being too steep at default. I have hundreds of builds with almost all of them having lots of stairs, doubled, tripled, quadrupled and I have no issue in any of my builds as I always changed the angle when building.  

9 hours ago, CatKatW said:

Then sit on the first step of the staircase and wait for the next update. 🧘‍♂️

Sure some stairs can be fixed this but not all... it depends on the design and the problem with the mountain is not adressed this way. So we gonna wait the next update or see elsewhere

This is really a serious bug.

If it happens on our room, we can invest 2 minutes, 10 minutes or even 20 minutes to fix every piece of stairs (provided that we used the default Y-Z settings, hence the default angle; if you use steeper stairs there's no workaround as it will mess up with the heights and joints).

It is much more annoying if you shared your room with others that now come back to you saying the room is not working anymore.

A hotfix is definitely needed and should have been provided immediately after the release of the update, more than 4 months ago.

We can wait some more for the highly expected and desired 🙄 handbags and the dancing light effects but please fix this bug.

That's what happened to me. I built a room for someone as a gift, and they came back and said the stairs didn't work. The same stair setup I had been using for years. They fixed it themselves by replacing the stairs with teleport pads. It was more than a little embarrassing. I didn't check the stairs operation, because why? Before this, they have always worked. And having to adjust the stair angle is not something most people do.

Landscapes, objects, stairs .. everything over 45 degrees is broken since the 6th decembre 2021 .... and nobody is able to fix it in a payed game.

But hey we get tails and lovense support ( oh but can't add it to world editor because they are broken too ) and we get merchandisising of fucking machines.
(sarcasm off)

Sorry without fixing it, their is no need to play any longer ... oh i forgot .. 36 dancing poses .. and unbelievable - they are working .. so amazing.

Fix it or leave it, the only choice ;)

22 hours ago, MeiLing said:

Even the stairs at the Fresco are broken.... no way that we can fix them

I think not even the Devs can fix those. 

Fresco and the other public rooms are Unity Store downloads, I think they’re mostly single objects. 

IE the stairs are part of the building. And can’t be changed. 

Not the bugs causes the frustration, the ignorance of the devs and the "no comment" strategy about the problems is the point.

Every payed item in your life, you can return if it  technically broken.

Here only comes an reaction,update or a bug fix when the subscriptions running out and the monthly income get messed up.
Up to this point the running cow gives milk every day without new feeding.

Same problem in every game running for years.

36 minutes ago, Jannick said:

Not the bugs causes the frustration, the ignorance of the devs and the "no comment" strategy about the problems is the point.

Every payed item in your life, you can return if it  technically broken.

Here only comes an reaction,update or a bug fix when the subscriptions running out and the monthly income get messed up.
Up to this point the running cow gives milk every day without new feeding.

Same problem in every game running for years.

That’s the running theme in all of these threads and on the official Discord. 

The response time from Support is measured in Months by this point. It’s ridiculous. 
And bugs just get ignored. 
The game ain’t dead, but you wouldn’t be wrong to assume it is from the way the Developer is just refusing to communicate.