3DXChat Community

Speed in Freecam

wtfjrad

I have figured how to move around in free cam but the cam moves so fast! Making minute adjustments doesnt seem possible. Is there a short cut key that will make the free cam move very slow so I can line up the best shots and views? 

If I recall correctly, it is best to set the standard speed to one that suits, and then on the occasions when you want to move faster you can press the Shift key while moving, and when you want to move really fast you can press the Shift and Ctrl key while moving.  This works with the W,S,A,D,Q and E keyboard keys.

Apologies if the Shift + Ctrl bit isn't correct and it's a different key combination to go super fast. If so hopefully someone can post a correction.

6 hours ago, Leopardus said:

If I recall correctly, it is best to set the standard speed to one that suits, and then on the occasions when you want to move faster you can press the Shift key while moving, and when you want to move really fast you can press the Shift and Ctrl key while moving.  This works with the W,S,A,D,Q and E keyboard keys.

Apologies if the Shift + Ctrl bit isn't correct and it's a different key combination to go super fast. If so hopefully someone can post a correction.

Shift and Alt. I personally have set Shift to 10 for the normal speed increase. 

Alt I set for 50 or so to make it extremely fast. To get to distant spots in the huge rooms.