3DXChat Community

Can we have a rule to prevent talking about politics in world chat?

Leathium

Hello, I would like to suggest a rule to prevent people from speaking about politics in the world chat, since people usually escape the real world madness to chill in the game, and then all you can see recently is people speaking about politics matter trying to enforce their opinions upon each other in a very childish attitude ending up in an argue or a conflict, I genuinely don't think this is the right place for that kind of talk, there are forums and chats for that kind of stuff in reddit and else.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Leathium said:

Hello, I would like to suggest a rule to prevent people from speaking about politics in the world chat, since people usually escape the real world madness to chill in the game, and then all you can see recently is people speaking about politics matter trying to enforce their opinions upon each other in a very childish attitude ending up in an argue or a conflict, I genuinely don't think this is the right place for that kind of talk, there are forums and chats for that kind of stuff in reddit and else.

Thank you.

Dear Leathium I fully support you!

The mean thing is that there are real agitators at work there who talk so much shit that I don't even enjoy the game anymore. Such kind of discussion harms the game and the community. But these people don't care at all.

But taking away the word from the agitators is not a solution. That would call into question the general freedom of speech and opinion.

Discussing with them doesn't help either it only makes things worse.

Not talking to them is what they don't like. Without an audience they don't have a chance to bring up their insane arguments.

You can't tell people what they can and can't talk about, as long as it's done with a certain basic amount of respect. I don't think anyone really wants that kind of censorship.

But I fully agree that certain comments that trivialize war, death and suffering or ridicule them with incredibly tasteless jokes should have consequences.

https://3dxchat.com/game-rules.html

2.02. Insults, personal attacks, abuse or harassment are not tolerated on any level.
2.03. Derogatory comments based on race, nationality, religion, culture, underage sex, or underage sexual preference are prohibited.
2.04. Allusion of racial or national supremacy, as well as discriminative propaganda on any level is prohibited.

2.17. Discussion of social, religious, political, illegal or other controversial topics that may create offense is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to negative portrayal of religious and political figures is prohibited.

There is already enough rules to stop any harmful discussion in world chat. No need to introduce new ones. Its only a question of following / not following these rules, and if people getting or not getting punished for breaking them. Its not about lack of rule itself. 

I find the best way to give the rules meaning when I play 3dxchat is to never visit World Chat - so much World Chat messaging is against the rules and what is within the rules is mostly not worth the wasted eye muscle energy to read.

Avoiding World Chat has not spoilt my 3dxchat experience in any way - in fact quite the opposite!

In addition I have set the chat settings so that I don't get any visual or audible notification of new World Chat messages.

It's like World Chat doesn't exist any more 🤣.

2 hours ago, EvaMarie said:

You can't tell people what they can and can't talk about, as long as it's done with a certain basic amount of respect.

You can't really swear or speak louder in your work place or your formal work place with managers and such, let alone speak and discuss politics in a work place, or a supermarket where everyone just mind their own business and came for a purpose. This is a sex game community not r/politics. It has nothing with freedom of speech or censorship.

Imposing such a ban would be impossible to police.

And to be honest, world chat is so full of shit that, take out the politics, and you'll still get morons acting like three-year-olds and spouting all sorts of offensive nonsense.

Tbh, I always found world chat slightly less irritating when there was discussion of world issues, because at least it revealed that there are a few people with more than ten brain cells in the game.

34 minutes ago, _Sophie_ said:

tbh I wouldn't miss WC if it was removed. All it is these days are people promoting rooms, talking politics or being racist/xenophobic/homophobic or just general toxic behaviour...

It's Troll/drama bait most the time pretty much, so wouldn't mind seeing it gone either.

Yeah well people will be idiots and start these opiniated arguments on WC anyway depending what's the current trend to argue about.

There were the Trump fan and haters screaming their lungs out before, later the antivax and vaccine supporters, of course how can we forget the complete bullshit BLM advocates bringing their own retard arguments on WC.... not to mention LBGTQPHJEKHJHGDD alphabet people... we saw everything.

I completely agree that all these agitated losers should be banned now and then until they cool down.

Edited by Tsela

19 minutes ago, Derai said:

Only way to police World Chat would be to have actual Moderators able to warn and ban in real time.

True!

Though... Does a calm world chat really worth it?

Having volunteer moderators from players may end up causing more drama and problems that WC could ever did. Giving some special people power over others can end up being a huge mess, especially if these people are hungry for power. And hungry for power people are exactly the type who probably will apply for moderator position first.

Other thing is paid moderators, who don't involved in game itself and who going to lose their income if they fail too much. But... We are talking about small company with not that much financial resources and even if they have money to hire a mod - better push that money into development of the game. Buying more assets in unity store, hiring some part time artist, etc. 

I mean if people getting their mood ruined by reading WC and talking with trolls in it - there is a very easy solution - just don't open WC, don't waste your energy, time and nerves on this garbage. 

people are idiots anyway. Opinions are based on some mainstream media bullshit. Makes you want to throw up how easy is to manipulate all these morons to argue.

This was actually reported by BBC! :)) they don't even try anymore to make the bullshit sound legit. Tarkov is a fictional city in a VIDEOGAME lol. 

Anyway people should mind their own business. we are a community centered around a game environment, social interactions over the internet, friendship and sex. Keep your political, ideological, gender identity bullshit opinions to yourselves. And agitators should sit a while on the bench smelling the flowers after a ban. So yeah rules should be enforced against the toxic morons.

275144355_10158320209630598_1910850322205451783_n.jpg

Edited by Tsela

3 hours ago, Tsela said:

people are idiots anyway. Opinions are based on some mainstream media bullshit. Makes you want to throw up how easy is to manipulate all these morons to argue.

This was actually reported by BBC! :)) they don't even try anymore to make the bullshit sound legit. Tarkov is a fictional city in a VIDEOGAME lol. 

Anyway people should mind their own business. we are a community centered around a game environment, social interactions over the internet, friendship and sex. Keep your political, ideological, gender identity bullshit opinions to yourselves. And agitators should sit a while on the bench smelling the flowers after a ban. So yeah rules should be enforced against the toxic morons.

275144355_10158320209630598_1910850322205451783_n.jpg

BBC did all right by quoting. It was a mistake from Borrel. He meant Kharkov. They just sound similar. 

On 3/7/2022 at 7:48 PM, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

BBC did all right by quoting. It was a mistake from Borrel. He meant Kharkov. They just sound similar. 

ok next time I accidentally call USA "USSR" probably people will laugh a bit also. But then again I'm not a professional news reporter, am I? BBC claims to be :))

12 hours ago, Tsela said:

ok next time I accidentally call USA "USSR" probably people will laugh a bit also. But then again I'm not a professional news reporter, am I? BBC claims to be :))

Thats why they did that quote with no correction 🙂 they are professionals. Who knows what Borrel meant. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think the best answer is to allow the end user to disable it in their viewer. That way if you are like me, and can't stand WC, it can just be disabled from your world :D

And the worst part in my opinion is the game forces it upon the users. Whenever you enter the world editor it is forced upon you as it opens when entering the editor.

I personally really dislike it all together just because of all the negativity in there, it is totally unnecessary no matter if you believe your argument is right.

One thing I have always wondered is why it is in there to begin with? What is the purpose?

If I had my way, it would be completely removed from the game.

1 hour ago, Diana Prince said:

I have silenced WC in the settings and click on "chat", so the chat window is closed (if I'm not in PM, GC or LC). This way I never see WC.

Doesn't this just close the chat entirely? So you can't even see if someone PM's you?
That might make sense in the Editor, but still might cause some issues if someone actually wants to reach you, no?

I tend to just pick a friend at random and send them a PM instead. Keep that PM on the foreground to push WC out of focus.

14 hours ago, Derai said:

Doesn't this just close the chat entirely? So you can't even see if someone PM's you?
That might make sense in the Editor, but still might cause some issues if someone actually wants to reach you, no?

I tend to just pick a friend at random and send them a PM instead. Keep that PM on the foreground to push WC out of focus.

I do exactly the same as Diana does.  In my case my chat notification settings still have PM's set to make a sound notification and to make the 'Chat' button highlight in green.  However I have both WC and Local chat notifications deselected.

Edited by Leopardus

9 hours ago, Derai said:

As Leopardus said, I hear the notification when I get a PM, and the chat button turns green. So you never miss a message. 🙂