3DXChat Community

New Default Room - Welcome lounge / introduction

Miiya

I had an idea for new players of 3DX, to welcome them easier to the world of 3DX. Most experience being lost for the first few days, playing - not understanding what to do and don't understand the certain rules of the more experienced players. (colding for example)

My idea is A welcome room, where new players can spawn into or a "key" Default room they can go to where they can talk, hang around and learn, meet new players or even experienced players, who can hang around there if they want to help new players answer questions.

I feel this will help most, as many experienced walking around at the beginning too nervous about certain ways to approach people or mingle. And don't need to feel worried about offending people if shown the way we do things in the world of 3DX.

Creating this room may take time for the devs but can be left for the community. We can even make a competition for builders to make a welcome room for the newcomers and the prize  for it to be made as an default room.

I personally feel this would help and welcome the newer players to the world of 3DX better and easier.

Whilst waiting for such an idea to be delivered by the Devs (if ever), in the meantime of course it would be possible for someone to create a "*** Welcome to 3DXChat ***” room using the World Editor.  Community friendly people could choose to hang out there if they want to help guide newbies. Whilst it would not be an automatic default room, nor have clever features such as text translation, it would help serve the purpose descriped in the original post.

To be honest. I would probably hang out there because I like helping people.