3DXChat Community

The Pool, ya kidding?

MistressBeryl

When i make a deep pool  i walk on the ground, would it have been to much brain to use, to let the Avatar swim? And i love the jump Animation at the yacht, why not possible to get it to a pool? Seriously??? - oh just to say, not only the pool but give us the animation to jump from a Footbridge or else...

Edited by MistressBeryl

4 hours ago, MistressBeryl said:

When i make a deep pool  i walk on the ground, would it have been to much brain to use, to let the Avatar swim? And i love the jump Animation at the yacht, why not possible to get it to a pool? Seriously??? - oh just to say, not only the pool but give us the animation to jump from a Footbridge or else...

Yah you can only currently make a swimming pool by doing the work around, where you place the pool down at water level and use the ocean water for the pool. Otherwise the avatar won't be able to swim inside it, I don't know why they have not just made pool water texture and coded it so while in that surface it would activate swimming, if you can make textures that allow you to walk through them, then clearly should be possible to make surface that activate swimming animations too while inside them.

9 hours ago, MistressBeryl said:

Yes but my pool is in the penthouse, around 250m over the ground... 

It should depend on the avatar when water plane reaches the chin, begin with swim animation...

You can somewhat work around it, won't lie not gonna be the ideal solution. But you can place a box objects along the side of the building till it over the side going outward and then add bottle texture, it will disguise the water since the two transparency alpha layers do not stack with each other so bottle texture will overwrite the water texture below effective removing it from visible sight.

Downsides to this is you can walk out onto it so would remove illusion of being up in a skyscraper if someone does that, suppose you could work around that by building a fence around the building if you have not already, so walking path is blocked. Other down side is if you let building structures go down to make it look like you're up high, water light reflections will still be bouncing of on building, think you can remove that in settings, but guests would still see reflections. But all that said it would look something along these lines.

Ofcourse this is just demonstration so was pretty rushed, you can use cube shapes further out to completely remove all signs of water, this was just to give some idea of how it would look and work. As you can see building going down forward water will be brighter in that area and also have the water reflections despite water no longer being visible anymore. Hope it helps if not sorry couldn't be of more help.

EDIT: Short update seems you need water high quality detail on for it to work, was not aware of that since I had it on by default.

Transparencylayer.jpg

Edited by TashaTight