3DXChat Community

4G connection vs 4G connection

xKiarax

Hey so need some techy support from someone knows about This Stuff...

So before Christmas I moved house but my fibre connection won't be ready for some time. I purchased a 4G minirouter on a limited data plan which, once the position was fine, delivered a reasonable speed and 3dx was perfectly able to run.

Yesterday I ran out of data so called the 4G provider and started an unlimited data plan. Nothing else has changed. Since then I can't run the game - I get as far as my room, but can't PM and can't see the room list (and usually disconnect a minute later). This is consistently the case, despite my 4G router running at 35mbps.

Yet if I tether from my phone on 4G (different provider) I can connect and play no problem, running at only 4-6mbps... But I have limited data on my phone contract so this isnt an option.

Any ideas?

you describe the problem on the part of your provider and you need to solve it with him ... and not with 3dx.
many cellular operators under "unlimited traffic" mean only the traffic that they have registered, the rest are blocked or work worse ... they are not completely honest with users, often it can be written in small print or below in footnotes those sites that have unlimited traffic.
1) try vpn
2) turn off the music in the game for a strong economy of traffic (uncheck)
3) try to make an access point via Wi-Fi / Bluetooth / usb cable on your smartphone

Edited by DerekSoul

Hey Colin thanks for following up my query yday about my 4G connection and issues with the game.

I ran that first test and it was all good.

I spoke to EE this morning and said look, I can't play "a game" since you put me on unlimited 4G for the month, yet it was fine when I was on a limited package, and I can tether my phone no problem on a much slower connection... And they're like, we dunno. They tried to reset my account but that didn't do anything.

So when I log in all seems fine to start with, but the room list won't load, if I try to go to any rooms I get disconnected, and likewise if I try to PM anyone (get the message saying no connection). So it seems to me to be an issue somewhere between my 4G provider and the server but I don't get it. I could play by tethering my phone BUT its a bit laggy depending on the signal plus I have limited data so I don't want to waste it.

It might be worth clearing your cookies, temporary files, etc...just in case something was created from your previous internet service that might be interfering with the unlimited service.   It might not make any difference, but possibly worth a try.