3DXChat Community

Excel World Editor

Music

Attached world - all objects resized to fit 1:1:1 box. I guess the scale x,y,z values of each object could serve as the reference you need. Like in the TorusQ2 example, a 1:1:1 TorusQ2 real volume for the "remove details" function would be 1/0.4 *  1/1 * 1/0.4 = 6.25.

To only obvious exceptions are cutlery1-2-3, which I didn't resize and should be ignored by the function.

Looking forward to see how it works. Let me know if I can be of any other help.

all objects 07.world

I have added a new button to the menu: Delete Small Objects, which will show a Popup:

image.png.7e0e9180b32d22e373ff21658d3d2873.png

In that popup you can specify the Volume limit for the deletion, you can as well decide, if all objects shall be checked, only scalable objects should be checked (no beds, ...), or only those objects specified in the Tab AllObjects should be checked.

In addition you can prevent objects from being deleted, if one or more sides exceed a specified length

if you check the 'Remove Objects immediately' checkbox, the objects will deleted, otherwise they will be marked in the column "Comment" with the word "Small"

I put your object list in the tab "AllObjects", so you can even extend or change the list of objects.

Hope that this is what you thought about

3DXWorldEditorV42.xlsm

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, CatKatW said:

Thanks for such an amazing tool!

I'm getting a "Type Mismatch" when Moving Objects (invoking frmCenter.Show). Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Using Excel 365.

Cheers!

Try to mark a line that contains data, then it should work. If you mark a cell without content, that error occurs

I will correct that with the next update

7 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

One more question: 

by using the 3DXWorldEditor, the file size shrinks when you use round values.

I had a file size: 3,017 kb after the same file is 2,382 kb

It seems amazing 

less digitals = less space in the World file, it is JSON fromat, so text based.

Hi!

Thank you for making this! Please pardon my ignorance, but I'm using OpenOffice and am unsure how to load a world? It seems to load your work fine otherwise. Is there an obvious button or something in excel that I'm missing,  please?

Thank you! 

Caren 🙂

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, Felinia said:
Hi Music,
I have a problem with the colors (unfortunately the color palette has been broken for a long time) I wanted to know if your
program matches the colors of my old rooms, thanks

Music: Last Visit to the Forum... April 10

Unfortunately I wouldn't expect a quick reply 🙁

The tool reads the RGB codes from the .world file (your room). You will get the same codes used in the World Editor.

After the changes, a new .world file is generated. The old and new RGB codes are both using the same palette, the World Editor palette.

10 hours ago, Felinia said:
Hi Music,
I have a problem with the colors (unfortunately the color palette has been broken for a long time) I wanted to know if your
program matches the colors of my old rooms, thanks

I have no problem with it. You can even copy/paste a colour. It is a super tool.

• 3 months later...
On 1/25/2022 at 12:51 AM, CatKatW said:

Thanks for such an amazing tool!

I'm getting a "Type Mismatch" when Moving Objects (invoking frmCenter.Show). Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Using Excel 365.

Cheers!

On 1/25/2022 at 12:59 AM, Music said:

Try to mark a line that contains data, then it should work. If you mark a cell without content, that error occurs

I will correct that with the next update

I am getting "Type Mismatch" when trying to move objects, no matter if I chose the line or cell with data - results are always the same. Is there any solution?

Edited by Xizi