3DXChat Community

What I think pose editor should be.

TashaTight

Remember sometime back was discussion going about pose editor implementation possibility, then everything went quiet and blank since. Not really, anyone at the point had any idea what it would actually be or not, except it sounded like one those interesting ideas we have not seen yet.
What I personally would have liked to have would been some option of compile a customized blueprint sex pose engine, using some base engine forms available like table, couch, bed etc.. But with options to add poses or remove existing poses and position them around inside, then have it as a custom engine with some name would assign it. That way would allow for some options to make unique furniture or items, with unique set of poses and functions.

One thing could be massage tables, another could be something unique for a pool table, another could be doing a toilet with sex poses inside without having to make multi function overlap item, which many don't really understand how works aside from yourself. It a void I think the implementation a pose editor could fill out, if it ended working like this.

blender maya 3dsMax game ready pose editors, only a little remains to be done ... to learn how to work in them... in the first months or year, the result will be worse than what is already in the game.
this is a full-fledged work that takes a lot of time and effort, you should have stopped licking the topic of the game pose editor long ago, those who want to do are already doing it, and the rest only create useless topics on the forum =).

As Derek already said. Creating a pose is more than most people think. People are screaming for a pose editor, yet they dont think about what it actually will mean.

First thing: Creating a pose takes time and if you want to learn it, then you can already learn it by using 3dxMax or Blender.
Second: There will be so many poses, that are not on the quality of the excisting poses, or even would be against the ToS, that the devs would be more busy checking those poses, than actually working on the game.

Thats why I was always against a pose editor, because it would cause more harm than being a good feature. 

And: The pose editor was an idea 2 years ago. Yet it is not here. What does that tell you? Maybe that the Devs dont want to implement a Pose Editor? Yes I know, Gizmo told us, he wants to do it. But... cant a dev change their mind? 

I agree with Loruna. Yet it would be interesting to be able to create our own set of trigger. 

Example: use a blowjob a sex position (chair) with the toilet or some couch positions with the bed, be able to have only one position for one object and of course keep the existing sets. 

Not a pose editor but more freedom to add positions in a room (of course we need all triggers available in game, we miss some) 

Creating animations for a game is not for everyone. It takes a lot of learning and experience. I create animations and in particular dances that I use and share in Sansar. My animations are made in motion capture. I use various programs to create and optimize them (Ipisoft, 3DS Max ...). It takes work to get a result worthy of use in games. An in-game editor would not allow quality animation to be produced. This requires having the riged avatar with 3DX skeleton and being able to import it into the game in a personal inventory. But I admit that for a designer it's frustrating not being able to import his creations. Maybe in the future :)

What I am suggesting isn't making new poses, it's having opens of moving poses that are already created in to engine blueprint object, having some option to move positioning of pose to match the new object engine shape, then saving it. So you could potentially make one custom object with multipurpose poses without having to use several overlap sex pose object engines. I don't know how difficult it is to code so can't say from development stand point if it's possible to do without being overly complicated, but think it would be best option to add something extra without ruining any quality control for animations etc.. in the process.

Edited by TashaTight