3DXChat Community

Naughty Designer 3

Niblette

Tried the thing and made my own svg with Inkscape which did not work out so well 
Saving the svg to world did like nothing 

So I converted it to a png ... it worked kind of 
See the pics what I am doing wrong?
And I put the svg in as well so maybe someone would like to look at it and tells me what is wrong 

EDIT: can it be that a path cant be open like a simple line?

image.png

Rastergrafik.png

Rastergrafik.7z

Edited by Halderim

3 hours ago, MistressBeryl said:

WOW, would you agree to share that as a .word file? I love it, really!

Thing is that the world files, I have two one for the stockings and one for the outline are quite large. The stockings are moveable in the editor but the outline is barely moveable, has nearly 3000 objects. I will try to optimize the sign as this was more or less a test for the naughty designer.

I looked at the file and what seems to be happening is that some of the vectors are to close to being straight lines and with the default settings having less then three objects so the optimizer crashes. Right now I am actually on vacation but next weekend I should have a chance to finish a small update with better error handling and simplified optimizers for when a vector only has one or two objects in it. I did try removing the straight vectors and the program runs with them gone so I am sure that's what it is. I wouldn't really recommend using the pixel options unless you want to make pixel art the vector output is much superior in terms of quality and object count. The file below runs.

Rastergrafiktest.zip

Edited by Niblette

Thanks will take a look at the file and what is different to mine then 

Thanks for looking at it 

Edit:
Alright now its done by the svg, looks nice needed to do a bit of handy work as some parts are missing but this is still way faster then doing it all by hand 
And now the file is only 34 kb in size

image.png.ea8abac1a7e56d8151e413da2fe1abb9.png

Edited by Halderim

One thing I did notice while using you tool. When the tool is making the world file you dont get any notification when it is done. Only noticed it because the file size of the world stopped increasing. 

But else you tool did help me a lot with the sign

3.2.0 is out and the file has been replaced in the first post. This version adds better support for open vectors a popup on file completion, error handling, and the GUI has been updated to allow minimum angle and minimum length to be adjusted individually for each path. 

Edited by Niblette

Just tried it and works perfectly 🙂
How about an "Calculating..." message while it's being processed. The "Finished" message is a great help, but with "calculating" in between it would be perfect. So you can see that it's still doing something and has not crashed 😉

hello all, back again. Wonder the svg works fine with Naughty designer and i can see the preview. When i save it as world file, and load it in the game it's empty. Any idea what cause it? Appreciate it, thank you!

Edit:  ah yes i got it finally able to upload to game. Just read thru the whole forum and downloaded the lastest version shared by Niblette, good job at the improved version. Thank you!

But i still can't figure out how to work the pixel Art section. 

image.thumb.png.a9daf0ac459cd9d440a4d4fa037cc5dc.png

Edited by SweetTia

Hi Niblette,

So far i find out how to work both the vector art and pixel art after several try and it is pretty ok :)))))) just a few tweaks needed while loaded the pixel art, this is very good :)Thank you Niblette for your great work,  make me possible to extend my creativity in the game. 🥰

On 6/25/2022 at 12:18 AM, Niblette said:

If you upload the .svg file your trying to use I can look at it.

Hey @Niblettedon't worry... its was the convert that I was using causing the issue

I now use PNG to SVG Converter for FREE - Image Vectorizer Online (png-to-svg.com) which solved my problem

Edited by AlexaDarkness

• 4 weeks later...