3DXChat Community

teleport

MisterOiT

I think teleport area is too large.
It seems that 0.5m x 0.5m is better.
(But I've not been able to change paramaters of them on world editor.)
Now I'm testing "teleport" in my world, I'm stuck in the teleport areas points A and B, and can't go out from teleport areas.
(Especially, at the Destination area.)
Are there any "knacks" to get out of the teleport areas?

Thank you Diana Prince for "Teleport Test.world".

I tested there (Teleport Test.world), but the same phenomenon as in my world occurred.
It is that, if I try to take one step from the teleport area at the arrival point, I will return to the teleport area of the departure point side.
Perhaps this is related to the stride length and standing poses of female avatar.
So I think teleport area is too large, and maybe 0.5m x 0.5m is better.

There must be something to the male/female differences with teleporting.  

A friend offered to help place a teleport object in my room.  She tested it just fine and sent a new world file to me.  I struggled to have it work properly.   I was able to edit the arrival spot slightly and get it working.

Question is will it work for a female avi.  I brought Betty, but she was no help. All she does is talk, talk, talk. 😉

18 hours ago, JackPine said:

There must be something to the male/female differences with teleporting.  

A friend offered to help place a teleport object in my room.  She tested it just fine and sent a new world file to me.  I struggled to have it work properly.   I was able to edit the arrival spot slightly and get it working.

Question is will it work for a female avi.  I brought Betty, but she was no help. All she does is talk, talk, talk. 😉

Poor Betty, always being picked on. :P

• 5 months later...
On 12/8/2021 at 10:03 PM, JackPine said:

A friend helped me place a teleport in my too cozy cabin, instead of climbing a ladder into the lofted bedroom.  It is working wonderfully! 

I would be happy to have a ladder that could be climbed.  I couldn't figure out how to do that so tried a teleport at the bottom and at the top, but it doesn't teleport.  I think I need a base at start and end of the vertical, will try that.  At the moment, when my avi steps on the teleport there is a light in the area but I don't go anywhere.  Maybe it is a bounce-back from the arrival.  I can't tell.

Does it help if the arrival is not directly above the departure?