3DXChat Community

Stairs broken in 436

Feuermond

16 hours ago, AlexaDarkness said:

I encountered a bug recently with the Portal.. whereby an invisible dome was placed over the portal, meaning when I walked towards the portal, I ended up about 20M above the portal, so which made the portal unusable.  

Did you place the portal on a flattened sphere object?

seems to be a lot of issues in both the general and user rooms...is a fix coming anytime soon???? the pool at the back of the yacht in the general rooms is another example of things not working...we spend a lot of time building and remodeling our rooms without having to go back and fix something that was damaged in an update to the game...

A little tip for the builders using stairs, resize the stairs from the bottom that way your stairs are still lined up with where they are positioned.

Z Axis at .99999

Just a side note all the stairs that I resized I used the transform box and manually set the height and the stairs stayed put in place.

Hope this helps others.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 3:40 PM, Hincholas said:

This will be corrected in the next update. Don't change your builds but be patient 😅

It is now Jan. 16th.  How patient should we be?  Wouldn't it be nice if we got an official update and were told upfront when to expect this fix? I have way too many builds to go fix them all because a programmer screwed up. I can make my own stairs and they all work fine. No messing with "z" settings or the like.

Edited by KarenKH

Very true Mei.

Nevertheless, I ask myself (of course, only as a complete amateur), whether it would not have been easier to bring a kind of hotfix.
It's nice to hear that the devs continue to work on the game and try to bring new stuff. But this bug has (although not me personally) hit many people hard here, and his fix should really have priority over newly introduced handbags.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't want to complain to much. We got two great updates, a lot of nice new stuff... But this bug we are talking here about a bug which nearly affects every of your paying customers (at least indirectly when visiting rooms).
I understand that it is impossible to reply to every post here, but 3 months without a fix or at least some lines to let your customers know what is going on, somehow makes a very bad, if not to say disrespectful image to me.

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

Who need a big update? Well I mean fix the bug and then the big update....

That would be the best solution. One month bugfixes, next month updates and so on.
But I don't know how much work it is to create a new client. If it takes just 5 minutes, then there is no reason not to do it.
If it takes a whole day (just an example), this might be the reason Gizmo wants to put as much into one update as possible.

I came back to the game the other day/week and noticed that most of my stairs no longer worked, however I found an easy fix which was just to stretch them a tiny bit out horizontally, not much at all, just a tad like a couple of feet each, then realign the pieces. Maybe a hassle for very complex sets but for some stairs which are only made of 1-3 pieces, it takes 2 mins to stretch them out a bit and make them work again.

2 hours ago, Rockster said:

I came back to the game the other day/week and noticed that most of my stairs no longer worked, however I found an easy fix which was just to stretch them a tiny bit out horizontally, not much at all, just a tad like a couple of feet each, then realign the pieces. Maybe a hassle for very complex sets but for some stairs which are only made of 1-3 pieces, it takes 2 mins to stretch them out a bit and make them work again.

Yes, it is an easy fix.

Complex or made stairs don't suffer this issue as they don't work that way, the issue is with the angle of the slope so even mountains and such have this problem as well. The stair assets are just a flat board with a walk-through step looking block applied. Some builders were using the stairs for walk-through doors before we got the curtains.