3DXChat Community

Stairs broken in 436

Feuermond

Well, the stairs are broken.

At the connection point of 2 objects the avatar now stucks. It worked before the update, nothing in the room was changed. Thea avatar runs on spot, nothing was changed in the room. I think this is a serious critical or even fatal buck: Many user rooms are not usable anymore.

image.thumb.png.38ef036b06457e9cc99fb2e690bb2409.png

8 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Just tried it in one of my rooms. For me the stairs work even better than before 😮 Where I had to struggle to "climb" the stairs, my avi now walks smoothly up the stairs. Weird. But I have to make more tests, this was just one room.

What's the experience of other players?

Do you use self made stairs or build in stairs? I tried to build a new stair, just one single element: It does not work at all.

Edited by Feuermond

Stairs in existing rooms completely fucked up... I use spiral staircases sometimes in very small space conditions... no idea how to fix this without investing hours of work again. Really a good reason to start a firework and celebrate... simply getting more and more tired of all this crap.

19 minutes ago, ColinDude said:

I realize these are workarounds, but you can go into two directions right now, besides waiting for a bug fix:

• Use the invisible wall to make the surface flat so the avatar will slide over it easily
  • Implement portals to skip from downstairs to upstairs and the other way around

The walls do not really do the trick. It seems like as if in the stairs itself there are some invisible walls, collisions detection activated/deactivated randomly.

Edited by Feuermond

The stairs bug is also in pools when the stairs are down to the ground of the pool.

Lifting up the stairs over the water level works. Seems like a problem with transparent objects.

Confirming the bug with two stairs, one is working.
Stretching one and copy one on top works too, to shorten the steps.

Edited by Jannick

There might be workarounds but anyway this issue needs to be fixed asap, it is a fatal malfunction and makes places unusable, simply more immersion break like with the still existing jiggling in female breast physics.

2 of 4 premade staircases in my room were broken. I could not go up them. I was able to repair them though . It seems that if the bottom of the stairs object is sunk too far into the floor the entire object does not work. Tearing out the entire staircase and rebuilding it, placing the object perfectly sunk so that the bottom edge of the first step is perfectly flush with the floor and my premade stairs are working again. All stairs i made myself are fine. This of course caused alignment problems with the upper levels floor being a little too high. Which needed to be lowered and all objects on it lowered as well in order to look the way it did before the update. It's fixable with a little elbow grease I got my room back to useable in about 30-45 minutes.

I can confirm now that the issue is, that you can't move up any inclination above 45 degrees. WIth the stairs it happens that, depending on the floating point precision of your processor, the z scale is a bit above 1, and at that point the stairs do not work any more. The same with ramps, the z scale must be less than the x scale to work correctly. The same applies to the landscape, if the angle is mire than 45 degrees, you can't climb any more

1 hour ago, Music said:

I can confirm now that the issue is, that you can't move up any inclination above 45 degrees. WIth the stairs it happens that, depending on the floating point precision of your processor, the z scale is a bit above 1, and at that point the stairs do not work any more. The same with ramps, the z scale must be less than the x scale to work correctly. The same applies to the landscape, if the angle is mire than 45 degrees, you can't climb any more

Only in game objects. 'home made' stairs or ladder work fine, even better than ever

On 12/6/2021 at 1:49 PM, ColinDude said:

I realize these are workarounds, but you can go into two directions right now, besides waiting for a bug fix:

• Use the invisible wall to make the surface flat so the avatar will slide over it easily
  • Implement portals to skip from downstairs to upstairs and the other way around

I encountered a bug recently with the Portal.. whereby an invisible dome was placed over the portal, meaning when I walked towards the portal, I ended up about 20M above the portal, so which made the portal unusable.