3DXChat Community

More players

Foxmich

Hello dear developers. I really like your game, it's wonderful, but it's very little known, so bad online (only 800-1000 maximum)
I found out about the game absolutely by accident - it's wrong, a lot of people are interested in such a game, but just don't know anything about it.
I really want to ask you to arrange for your game to be added to STEAM - this is the most popular gaming platform. Thousands of players will know about your game. 
I know what I'm talking about, there are no such games at all, it will be very popular on Steam (they allowed adding games with "erotic content" there). There is not enough content in the game, so the main thing is communication, and there are almost no new players.
You don't lose anything if new players don't come - you can then delete the game from STEAM
Thank you if you read it
P.S Sorry for my English

Since Steam is something like a marketplace it's obvious that they are charging something like a comission. Whatever that means. It still can create a benefit for the owners of 3dx. If they are able to increase the number of subscribers significantly the net outcome of this investment might raise the income for them significantly too.

Nevertheless its not clear if this is something of their vision / product roadmap or whatsoever. More users require additional investment in infrastructire as well. Just imagine that there are 6.000 people online where actually 1000 already experience lots of glitches, lagging or whatsoever. In my eyes the latest update adding all these animated wings and tails has resulted already in a significant loss of performance. Rooms that have loaded before the update within 3-10 seconds now need 30-60 seconds. Sometimes it seems that it needs minutes to load all Ava's in a room. And my very own conditions haven't changed at all.

So yes, it might be interesting to have more active people on the game of course. But it doesn't makes to much sense when the game and infrastructure is not able to handle such a sudden and significant increase... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by LadiesToyDE

On 12/6/2021 at 4:19 PM, LadiesToyDE said:

Since Steam is something like a marketplace it's obvious that they are charging something like a comission. Whatever that means. It still can create a benefit for the owners of 3dx. If they are able to increase the number of subscribers significantly the net outcome of this investment might raise the income for them significantly too.

Steam does not just charging "something". Their charging is a FUCKING HUGE, 30%. 

And I almost sure there will be some Steam fanboys across the 3dxchat's population who, if 3dxchat will move to Steam, will prefer to pay for it there because its their favorite store. And they not gonna care that developers losing 30% of their income when they do so. 

Though yeah, maybe integration in steam could bring enough people to the game to not only compensate these loses but even bring more money, who knows. 

Better communication,  frequent update, more inventory and poses, focus on social side not always sex poses. could be added mystery solving puzzles, organize certain events by 3dx (not players), better vanilla rooms instead current outdated garbage. perhaps structure like city where people can do something instead being afk all the time. by the way as current update inventory still sucks (just got few bras and wedding dress nothing more). usual active members aren't  much if you exclude all those afk trash. if they implant system like SL where player is afk for an hour numbers will be dropped to 30% i guess. you need a vision to take the game to next level. Dev. first need communication course. Metaverse has begun. in this pace one days it will eat 3dx as many play to ear game are coming online if 3dx won't evolve.

6 hours ago, Xizi said:

Steam does not just charging "something". Their charging is a FUCKING HUGE, 30%. 

And I almost sure there will be some Steam fanboys across the 3dxchat's population who, if 3dxchat will move to Steam, will prefer to pay for it there because its their favorite store. And they not gonna care that developers losing 30% of their income when they do so. 

Though yeah, maybe integration in steam could bring enough people to the game to not only compensate these loses but even bring more money, who knows. 

Well probably nobody likes steam because it's their favorite store but it's accessible since it has a huge population and game companies are able to advertise the game towards a really big playerbase there.

Now when it comes to percentages, it depends on the company if they are alright with it or not.  But baby steps were made by others also. Istripper appeared on Steam too, being kicked out of the steam store some time later because they made their sales through their own app bypassing steam and just using steam to become available for a biger audience through their store. It's like you open your stand in the mall, you agree upon percentages, then you sell stuff under the table to people to bypass the agreements :))

So it realy depends on the business model and if they want to do it or not

But I'm not sure this game even can handle a biger audience as it is. The servers sometimes struggle even with the current amount of people. Things need to change quite a bit for this to go big.

Edited by Tsela

14 minutes ago, Tsela said:

But I'm not sure this game even can handle a biger audience as it is. The servers sometimes struggle even with the current amount of people. Things need to change quite a bit for this to go big.

They can’t handle going onto Steam.

Not without a significant investment in manpower and hardware at the very least. 

A game on Steam ideally needs active support and someone monitoring it for outages and other disruptions of service. 

That said, in an hypothetical scenario of 3DX being on Steam, I could see the benefits.

Room downloads as Workshop content for example.