3DXChat Community

How to save settings to a folder other than Documents

AnnaTriss

Hi! I just noticed that the game is saving a game.json file (and maybe other stuff) to the Documents/3DXChat/Settings folder. I tried deleting it but it just came right back the next time I launched the game.

Is there any way to tell the game to save that somewhere else? I share the computer with others, and we have the Documents folder automatically backing up to the cloud. Not very discrete having it there! 😅

• 8 months later...

Yeh, I also want to know whether this is possible!

I looked for anywhere this might be customizable but I can't find anything. If it's not currently possible, then I hope the devs see this and add it as a feature because this is a ommission in my opinion. It's not just about sharing Windows accounts with others, even just using your computer in the same room as where someone else is could mean that folder gets spotted and questions asked :)

I do do that yeh, but that doesn't stop the game from recreating the 'Documents/3DXChat' when it's started, so it doesn't solve this problem. What we need is for that path, the one that gets created at startup, to be customizable. Doesn't look like it is currently, but maybe it's just undocumented?