3DXChat Community

Weird white mesh on new transparent texture?

DonDez

Has anyone else noticed that the invisible texture has this white grid pattern on it, but only when you zoom in close enough?

I only noticed it after I used it all over the place in my room and the invisible blocks are in places where the grid would be noticeable.

I hope this is a bug, or something that will be removed in the future because otherwise it defeats the purpose of an invisible block.

2021-11-29 15-27-55_204613.png

I don't know the thought process behind this texture. When looking at it I presumed its for blocking off areas in continuous builds like streets and paths and that it showing you when you got close is giving you the feedback that this is as far as you go. Maybe gizmo can help here and tell us?

I think a good solution might be to make the grid visible like this when inside the world editor only. Sort of like the action pose objects.

That way you can find where you put the invisible blocks if you need to move/delete them, but you can't see them when the room is actually in use.

Personally I like that you can see it, I mean you have to be really close for it to be visible, and you can see that the creator doesn't want you to go somewhere and not wondering if you are stuck in some flattened sphere / other bad build.

• 1 month later...

I have spoken with other builders and most I have asked don't use this because of this grid.   I want invisible to stay invisible.  I was going to use it as a floor but this ruins that idea.  I also wanted to use it to keep dancers from falling off of a balcony, again ruined by this grid.  Yes please, visible in the editor.  No thanks, it should never be visible in the open room.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to use it to make camera behave more natural when you pass doorways... I placed it covering all the upper part of the doorway, leaving just enough height under it to let an avi pass the door. The idea worked smooth and dandy, except one thing... When the camera was pushed from behind by that invisible surface... The surface became visible (but we shouldn't be able to see it, right) and... IT'S BEING REFLECTED!! This is frigging hilarious... =\
First picture - the colors intended.
Second picture - colors with invisible wall behind the camera reflected by shiny surfaces.

2022-01-27 02-12-48_324623.png

2022-01-27 02-12-56_325077.png

Edited by Losst AKA AnnieBunny