3DXChat Community

Test server

Xizi

@Gizmo@Lisa

Heya!

I understand that you probably don't want to open test server for public like in the 2018, probably because of ill-intended people who can try to hack server defences with unlimited free accounts, not afraid to be banned. But why not open a test server just for current subscribers? With separate avatars and other data. 

1. We could test all new stuff without afraid to get our avis on live server ruined. And yes, I know that its mostly people's own fault that they did not load reserve .avi files but hey... Still safer this way.

2. We could play together and give new update a stress-test.

3. Just in general I think people would be eager to play and test much more (and find more bugs in process) , if they can interact with each other. 

9 minutes ago, alex9110 said:

100% agree with everything, they have done it before, i dont see why they would do it this way if it can create so many problems with avatars being shared in both versions (and knowing how stupid we can be as users)

If people just read the disclaimer before downloading and installing stuff, this wouldn't even be an issue 😅

But that said, it would be nice to see a closed beta version, even if they just unlocked the public rooms for testing purposes.

I agree, it would be better to do so. A separate server for tests is a good practice. I hope we'll do that next time.
As for the current situation, I believe that we will fix that critical error and release an update sooner than we will deploy a new test server.

Thank you for your understanding and help!

10 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I agree, we should have done that. A separate server for tests is a good practice. I think we'll do that next time.
As for the current situation, I believe that we will fix that critical error and release an update sooner than we will deploy a new test server.

Thank you for your understanding and help!

Thank you for answer!

Can't wait the new update to go live, it's pretty cool ❤

Love new lingerie, new prints and accessory system! And it's very nice that you are giving stuff to trans/futa/sissy community too. 

I am still having my hopes up for the piercings in future updates 🤤 Hope the idea of bringing it to the game is not abandoned, it would be very hot! 😋

Edited by Xizi

Maybe add some more LESBIAN poses in the next updates. And i don't speak of the wrongly called "FF" poses where we can wear a penis, but real lesbian poses because in this future update there is (maybe) only one that can be called lesbian pose (if what i've read in the world chat is true)

Ps: I vonlontary decided to say "lesbian poses" for the female/female pose because the actual poses called FF are probably meant for Futa/Futa poses.

Update look amazing and everything that's coming I'm super excited for!! But for Christmas can we have a new MMF pose or 2? it's been like what? over a year?! I know you can never please everyone, but I know alot of ppl would be super into this!

16 hours ago, Leeloo said:

Maybe add some more LESBIAN poses in the next updates. And i don't speak of the wrongly called "FF" poses where we can wear a penis, but real lesbian poses because in this future update there is (maybe) only one that can be called lesbian pose (if what i've read in the world chat is true)

Ps: I vonlontary decided to say "lesbian poses" for the female/female pose because the actual poses called FF are probably meant for Futa/Futa poses.

DCNhLHQXgAAfefY.jpg

We stupid users (somebody used that termabove), we ruined our productive avatars and rooms and now we are no longer allowed to test.

OK, it happened to me too, but I was lucky enough to be able to undo everything before the test server went offline. A small earring was enough and the current version was no longer loaded.

The problem was predictable. Be honest, who reads instructions and especially warnings? The modified avatars and worlds should have been saved in separate areas on the servers instead of overwriting the originals. In addition, any instructions must also be understood by us stupid users, before we can see the scope of our actions. I did read (download, unpack, start - LOL) and had a bit of a stomach ache, but still dared and was lucky to get out safely.

I hope there aren't too many of us who can't play now because the avatars need to be reset. The separate Server Idea isn't the badest. For the next Beta Test.

I really liked (almost everything) what I saw on the short excursion and I can't wait for the new version to be released for good.

Thank you, Lisa, Gizmo and everyone who is working on the progress of 3dxchat and makes us happy.

Wouldn't it be easier if the Devs would keep the beta open and give us the opportunity to undo all the new'ish stuff from our avi's or simply reset all avi's in general? That way we don't have to wait for support and people can get back onto the official version. Or am I thinking way too simplistic here? 🤷‍♀️

18 minutes ago, Geli82 said:

Wouldn't it be easier if the Devs would keep the beta open and give us the opportunity to undo all the new'ish stuff from our avi's or simply reset all avi's in general? That way we don't have to wait for support and people can get back onto the official version. Or am I thinking way too simplistic here? 🤷‍♀️

Knowing how people is, keeping the beta open would make the problem bigger, with more and more people just getting into the same loop of not being able to load into the official game, i mean, the test laster for... 24 hours i think? and it created a bunch of problems for people.

2 hours ago, Yvonny said:

If people wouldve read the instructions that you should back up your ava´s before leaving, they wouldnt have this problem :)

The instructions were just: 

!!! Disclaimer of this test release
1. Make a back-up of your worlds and the appearance of your avatar(s)
2. Avatars and worlds saved in the test client will NOT work in the stable version

I made a backup of my avis and world files. And I DID NOT save anything in the test version. And I was not able to get back to the normal version.
They did not say that you MUST load your original avi AND load any room IN THE BETA version before you are able to get back to the normal version. I was lucky that I could do that while the test server was still up. They didn't mention the last step (loading a room), and this is the IMPORTANT step you have to do. For the normal user it's NOT obvious that something is saved automatically on the server when you enter a room.

16 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

The instructions were just: 

!!! Disclaimer of this test release
2. Avatars and worlds saved in the test client will NOT work in the stable version

I made a backup of my avis and world files. And I DID NOT save anything in the test version. And I was not able to get back to the normal version.
They did not say that you MUST load your original avi AND load any room IN THE BETA version before you are able to get back to the normal version. I was lucky that I could do that while the test server was still up. They didn't mention the last step (loading a room), and this is the IMPORTANT step you have to do. For the normal user it's NOT obvious that something is saved automatically on the server when you enter a room.

I made the same mistake, though in their defense it was implied you needed to load your regular client avi and locations within the beta (what else will be the case if the new stuff won't work in the stable version?).

What I will say is that they took down the test release way too quick, so many of us didn't know we had to load our avis and/or locations within that timeframe.

1 hour ago, Tali said:

I made the same mistake, though in their defense it was implied you needed to load your regular client avi and locations within the beta

I disagree here. It was not implied or mentioned.

I made a backup of my files as was requested in 1. I even copied the backup back to it's regular place after I couldn't login to the regular version. But that didn't help.
And I DID NOT save anything in the beta version as was said in 2. Nowhere was mentioned that your avi is saved AND CHANGED on the server as soon as you enter a room.
If they had put that as "3.", all the problems would not have occured.

As we say in Germany: "I want to work with professionals just ONCE!" 😂 Don't worry Gizmo, we all love you and the work your team does. But sometimes you're not making it easy for us 😉

18 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

For the normal user it's NOT obvious that something is saved automatically on the server when you enter a room.

is it? I mean... It works the same way all the time, you change something with your avi, clothes or face or body, enter some room - and then when you next time load the game - you are having the same outfit you had before. Actually it might happen even without entering the room. Or you work in editor on the room, it also automatically saves your changes on the server from time to time. I mean it was like this always, no? I kinda... not sure how its possible not to notice it if you play for at least couple of weeks. Well, with clothes at least. With world editor of course its possible, many people don't use it. But most people having problems after changing their avi anyway, not room. 

22 hours ago, Yvonny said:

If people wouldve read the instructions that you should back up your ava´s before leaving, they wouldnt have this problem :)

Yeah, that would have been a good start, but a backup alone wasn't enough. They should have performed a RESTORE of their originals before leaving the Beta!

Or, simply as i did, undo all the modifications, before leaving. But that wasn't possible anymore, after the Server was taken from the net.

1 hour ago, Diana Prince said:

I disagree here. It was not implied or mentioned.

I made a backup of my files as was requested in 1. I even copied the backup back to it's regular place after I couldn't login to the regular version. But that didn't help.
And I DID NOT save anything in the beta version as was said in 2. Nowhere was mentioned that your avi is saved AND CHANGED on the server as soon as you enter a room.
If they had put that as "3.", all the problems would not have occured.

As we say in Germany: "I want to work with professionals just ONCE!" 😂 Don't worry Gizmo, we all love you and the work your team does. But sometimes you're not making it easy for us 😉

FULLY AGREE!   --   And in this case no "crystal ball" was necessary to be able to act professionally ;)

18 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

Nowhere was mentioned that your avi is saved AND CHANGED on the server as soon as you enter a room.

Well maybe a new player can do the mistake, but an experienced player must know that the avatar is saved as soon as the player leave the dressing room :)

1 hour ago, Leeloo said:

Well maybe a new player can do the mistake, but an experienced player must know that the avatar is saved as soon as the player leave the dressing room :)

Why should they?  The game's architecture design is of no interest to some people.  I have been playing for about 6 years and I didn't know that and will probably forget it pretty quickly as being of no interest.  On the other hand, I chose not to load the beta version because I do know from experience of other software that running beta software in a production environment comes with risks.