3DXChat Community

Can Not Play with my altered 2.8 AVI anymore in 2.7 .... HELP!

PeterHard

I tried the public test yesterday of 2.8. To my dissappointment I could not join the other rooms but just my own. What is the point oif this ?? What is the logic behind this? 

So I deleted 2.8 as I was dissappointed. 

To make matters worse: i changed my shoes in 2.8 for new style 2.8  shoes. So after I deleted 2.8 I restarted 2.7 again. But now my avi will not appear in my character editor.... So I can not play the game anymore.. Also when i directly jump to a location I see my feet naked and myself black.....  I must now pay credits to delete and create a new avi. how nice. 

Next time if you do a trial please make a free version of it accessible and playable for people also outside 3DX. Consider it also as a promotion version for one month for example.  What is the point of trying out features only in your apartment?? 

12 minutes ago, Yvonny said:

Could just reinstall 2.8 take the shoes off and everything else new you had on , join your own room to save it and then go back to 2.7

Might be a solution. But I also need to download 2.8 again... the link is just gone for a while.... my bad luck i guess.

5 minutes ago, ColinDude said:

!!! Disclaimer of this test release
1. Make a back-up of your worlds and the appearance of your avatar(s)
2. Avatars and worlds saved in the test client will NOT work in the stable version

I did not save the new shoes. 

2 hours ago, Yvonny said:

Could just reinstall 2.8 take the shoes off and everything else new you had on , join your own room to save it and then go back to 2.7

I managed to reinstall 2.8  . But when i login I get server undergoing maintenance. Will have to wait. Your option might well work. I will try. Regards 

9 hours ago, PeterHard said:

I tried the public test yesterday of 2.8. To my dissappointment I could not join the other rooms but just my own. What is the point oif this ?? What is the logic behind this? 

The logic is that everyone on the stable server wouldn't be able to see the new beta items therefore resulting in bugs, you had the option to invite people to your apartment in this beta.

The point of this beta was to sort out any bugs before making it a final release, not to give people some free "promo". 
Also I don't see why you are disappointed, it was all written in the beta disclaimer before you downloaded it.

On 11/9/2021 at 9:54 PM, MissD said:

The logic is that everyone on the stable server wouldn't be able to see the new beta items therefore resulting in bugs, you had the option to invite people to your apartment in this beta.

The point of this beta was to sort out any bugs before making it a final release, not to give people some free "promo". 
Also I don't see why you are disappointed, it was all written in the beta disclaimer before you downloaded it.

However it is still dissappointing. I need to wait until they run 2.8 aain or need to buy credits to delete my character. This siuaion could have been foreseen. It is a simple use case in their development.  They probably forgot to put. 

1 hour ago, PeterHard said:

However it is still dissappointing. I need to wait until they run 2.8 aain or need to buy credits to delete my character. This siuaion could have been foreseen. It is a simple use case in their development.  They probably forgot to put. 

You need to contact support or Eva_Support#4730 on Discord. They can reset your avi hopefully.

Edited by Diana Prince

On 11/9/2021 at 1:31 PM, ColinDude said:

!!! Disclaimer of this test release
1. Make a back-up of your worlds and the appearance of your avatar(s)
2. Avatars and worlds saved in the test client will NOT work in the stable version

doesnt help, if you got a backup but cant login with your char, because the beta is down to upload your backup again and then log in to normal client :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 7:00 PM, RiaHelli said:

doesnt help, if you got a backup but cant login with your char, because the beta is down to upload your backup again and then log in to normal client :)

Hey all is well now ! i paid 7000 credits to delete and re-install my avi.  I had only 3000 at the moment this happened. Now all is fine . 

On 11/12/2021 at 7:27 PM, MeiLing said:

Please contact Eva_Support#4730 on discord. She'll reset your Avatar for you.

Thanks Mei Ling. All is well now. i bought credits to delete my avi, since i had not enough,  and re install it with the same name so my friendslist did not dissappear. 

On 11/12/2021 at 12:11 PM, Diana Prince said:

You need to contact support or Eva_Support#4730 on Discord. They can reset your avi hopefully.

Thanks I deleted and reinstalled my avi. All works well. It is lieka reset. Only thing was I had to buy some credits because i had not enough . 

On 11/9/2021 at 9:54 PM, MissD said: