3DXChat Community

Djing with new controller

MrStyles

I recently have gone from ddjsb2 to denon dj prime 4 currently using ghecko host and virtual dj. I believe there is a way to get vdj to work on prime 4 but wanted to know if i could broadcast using prime 4 engine? Does anyone know anything about this unit?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 5:56 AM, MrStyles said:

I recently have gone from ddjsb2 to denon dj prime 4 currently using ghecko host and virtual dj. I believe there is a way to get vdj to work on prime 4 but wanted to know if i could broadcast using prime 4 engine? Does anyone know anything about this unit?

Heya, there's no direct feature in the Engine software for any of the Denon kit. VDJ should detect you have the Prime 4 unit and download a skin and software to integrate with the Prime 4. Make sure you keep up to date with firmware and engine software updates as these are evolving and making the decks even better! You should be able to download and install directly via the decks if you've set them up to connect to your WiFi.  

I used VDJ in game and streamed directly from the app, works like a charm. the only issue I had to overcome was the lower output levels (Compared to my MCX8000 decks) but you should be able to work around this.

More details here: https://denondjforum.com/t/official-virtual-dj-compatibility-is-here/2506

By the way, you've made a good choice! I use Denon Prime4 for my RL gigs and even used to record vocals on to backing tracks. This along with editing software like Audacity makes for a very good (but basic!) recording solution. 

G'luck, hope you get or have gotten this sorted .

Edited by AtticusFinch