3DXChat Community

Do Not Disturb Mode and Friend Online Notification

I like the idea of not getting messages if you are AFK and get them when you come back from AFK, and the one sending the message gets a message like:

"They are having sexy time! Join them or do not disturb! :P"

But I wouldn't like any help for stalking... I wish ignore account were back.

On 12/18/2022 at 1:37 AM, AIice said:

I like the idea of not getting messages if you are AFK and get them when you come back from AFK, and the one sending the message gets a message like:

"They are having sexy time! Join them or do not disturb! :P"

But I wouldn't like any help for stalking... I wish ignore account were back.

Added: Ouch, i did not see that "Alice" is not "Alys".I mixed up the whole thing because the names sound so similar for me so the post is very out of context, sorry.

Ohh, that was ment that way, that point of view i don't had in mind until now.
I mean for me really doesn't matters because i see this game still more as a pure sex game to have fun and explore sexuality.
So i play it more as roleplay.
I don't wanna get animated to share something about my real life anyway,(No discord, no phone, no whatever people share in here) because i think that would be no good for myself because it's virtual. (personal reasons)

So for me i see it like the following:
When someone seems to be a stalker... well... i kick him out...
When this person is able to get in contact in a different way (other avi) and the end result is, that this person is suddenly not a stalker anymore, then i am totaly fine, because i won't go further anyway (share reallife stuff) and i won't know it anyways if it's the same person. For me it's more a wanna be stalker because it's useless anyway what he/ she is doing. It will stay in game. (for me)
She/ He also can do another account, people will also go that way, that you can not avoid. but yeah you can make it harder (more expensive).
But i do understand, that people see that a lot different so i do fully understand that thought. (And that is a really important one, so thank you for sharing)

I mean, this game is just a game when you look at it, but it's the player what uses it. So you can see that sooooooooo different and also can go so many different ways with it.
That's why it is so important that everybody shares their thought about that in here, because it "can" cause a lot of trouble (especially with the current system) and to avoid that, it is necessary also for the devs to know a lot scenarios to develop it right, the more the better. Maybe they developed something already but they are stuck because they are unsure because of not enough informations. (Who knows).

I also do understand the developers, when i see how often @developer gets posted, i would feel like in a kindergarden. I see people abusing the "@" to win a useless discussion (Nothing better to do?)
They simply don't have the possibilities to have an eye on everything. When they would focus on every @developer, who will develop then?
The more it is important that the real important things get highlighted from alone, (Discuse about it in forum)
Soon or later they get the information when it is very important. That's how a forum works.
You don't follow every @helloiwantattention , you have a look and follow what has the most priority.
All what we can do is, support them with thougts. (I hope they read that topic but when they do it will probably help)

But back to topic...
I wanna point again onto the offline tool. They give a tool, yes, but what people will do with it is written on another paper.
Also when you have experiences on another plattform, that can drive completly in another direction on another plattform.
When you wanna avoid every "maybe/ probably can happen" situation you can stop developing now, because you can have so many different end results at the end. Developing is not only developing, it's a way more behind that, the most is all about testing/experimenting and fixing/ improving.

So the best in my oppinion:
Give a tool, look how it works overall, do changes when it's needed and that's it.
The important thing is that people give feedback and don't stay quiet.

But don't hold tools back which are there to make a place safer or more enjoyable, just because "you" are scared, because it mostly punishes the innocent ones a way more than the troublemakers. (I mean that in general, not pointing on anyone)

Edited by Janet
Sorry when someone read the post earlier, i edited a lot but it is so hard to do it perfect first try

Sorry when i explain myself maybe too much and someone took it wrong (not sure but just saying)  but i opened the game and pressed Alt+F4 after a couple of minutes again.
There a good "chat" system is very important for me, i have the little (not much tbh) hope that sharing my thoughts to this will help, especially "when" a developer reads it.
So yeah i am a little desperate to be honest, because that place gives me a lot and helps me also to deal with something certainly but i don't wanna mention it because it's very personal.

I am sad that i have thoughts about leaving (again, was here two years ago and left because of the same reason) just because of a not existing DND (or offline) system. (Wich should exists since release in my oppinion).
I would also like the idea, that you can tag yourself as "I am free, chat me up" so people would know i would appreciate company (Or a kind of status message in general), or that you can tag your current mood and what are you looking for right now. (are you just chatty, wanna play rp, wanna enjoy a hot story, or are you searching certainly for a threesome or what ever).
There some seem to enjoy all this "COLD OK" stuff i think a "blinddate" function would be more as appreciated for a lot of people like you can find in Achat. (when that game still exist, idk)

An additional idea would be that people receive a message before they even can send any. (They open your chat window and a pop up appears or whatever).
Just please do something or at least me will appear less and lesser because doing another avi seems to be no good idea because i am here for fun and sexy time and not for discussions like " why you have another avatar why you dont tell me" bullshit. Life is short, not searching for useless drama just because people wanna be that clingy and personal in a videogame.
For me it's a sex simulation and not a drama simulator.
I don't wanna feel the need to  explain myself all the time or being available for everyone everytime so for me is a good working chat system very necessary which reduces drama and nonsense conversations.
I hope being that open for something you like will have any positive effect and if not, well, thanks for reading and have a good day.
At least i can say i tried everything to make myself stay and don't leave quietly.

@GizmoSorry for tagging you but maybe good to know for you, don't wanna keep you back from your business but i think it's an important tag.

Edited by Janet

11 hours ago, Katsuya said:

Just give us a dot next to your friends name. A online status, like discord, for example.

Green for online, yellow for away, orange for busy and red for do not disturb/afk.

... I dunno, something like that.

Sounds also nice.

6 hours ago, Alys said:

Oh god, we already got your idea Janet. Please dont write a book after each answer.

PD: I still see this suggerence as a very bad idea.

I have not much more to say anyway, because all my thoughts why "I" wanna have it are said.
Sorry that you don't like it but well, i don't do it for you anyway, i do it more for me and the devs. (When they will read it, when not it's worthless anyway :))

For "good" devs it is important "why" you wanna have a certain feature, to think about if its worth the time or not and when you are not willing to explain it in detail (Also thoughts), you can go home with your comments/suggestions :) (like you do)
I explain myself better a way more than a way too less to make things 100% clear. (Weird i know, but i love to be weird.)

Khallum Troy's sight i do understand (not 100% but 90%) But you don't make much sense.

In core i do understand that you don't wanna have features which support stalkers, but what would support stalkers and what wouldn't?
Do the devs a favour and start to explain what specifically is "bad" and what is your idea, or your voice has no weight anyway.

Thank you

Edited by Janet

My idea, is that the "invisible/recieve a message when someone logs" stuff is not needed, just because of what I already told before.

"Be hidden"? but "getting notifications when ppl log in"? thats a stalker mode strongly increased, so NO

I think is a bad idea, I don't like it, and I say it.
You talk about sharing thoughts, but seem to have some issues with mine.

Also, something like some button so people can fast clic and tell fast when afk. Not needing to use or make pics, sounds fine.

Have a nice day

Edited by Alys

19 minutes ago, Alys said:

My idea, is that this stuff is not needed, just because of what I already told before.

"Be hidden"? but "getting notifications when ppl log in"? stalker mode strongly increased? what? NO

Maybe there was some part of NO that was hard to understand.

I think is a bad idea, I don't like it, and I say it.
You talk about sharing thoughts, but seem to have some issues with mine.

Have a nice day

So you wanna keep the actual system like it is.
Okay that makes much more sense now.
And yeah, i do support your thought about not supporting stalkers to 100%!
Thank you for helping me out! (And no, no issues, just willing to understand your point of view and interested, what you think it's best, because every voice counts, and sorry but sometimes i do not understand things very quick :)).

Have also a nice day!.💖

I would like to have "do not disturb" and "away" modes. It could be made with a circle indicator near your name, like its done in discord and some other programs. "Away" is yellow/orange, "Do not disturb" - red, normal online mode - green.

"Away" mode could be set manually by the user when they go somewhere or automatically by the game if in for example 10/20/30 mins user have not move avi or camera or have not make any other action in game. How long will it take to flag one as an being away can be customized in settings.

"Do not disturb" mode would work good as something that we manually can chose when we... well, don't want to be disturbed. It does not even have to have any special rules, its enough to just show that red circle next to our name to make people know that we are not up to talk with them now. Of course some will write anyway - but then we don't have to feel bad to not answer them lol. Or, optionally, "Do not disturb" can change the way the game reacts on the messages delivered to us. For example we can have a settings for "Do not disturb" mode: Get all messages" / Get messages only from friends / Get messages only from the partnered avi/avis (for intimate time with your lover when you don't want anyone to spoil it or when we want to build and don't want no one to disturb us). When someone writes us in "Do not disturb" mode and their message not getting delivered they can get some placeholder system message like "Message have not delivered, person in DND mode".

2 hours ago, Xizi said:

I would like to have "do not disturb" and "away" modes. It could be made with a circle indicator near your name, like its done in discord and some other programs. "Away" is yellow/orange, "Do not disturb" - red, normal online mode - green.

"Away" mode could be set manually by the user when they go somewhere or automatically by the game if in for example 10/20/30 mins user have not move avi or camera or have not make any other action in game. How long will it take to flag one as an being away can be customized in settings.

"Do not disturb" mode would work good as something that we manually can chose when we... well, don't want to be disturbed. It does not even have to have any special rules, its enough to just show that red circle next to our name to make people know that we are not up to talk with them now. Of course some will write anyway - but then we don't have to feel bad to not answer them lol. Or, optionally, "Do not disturb" can change the way the game reacts on the messages delivered to us. For example we can have a settings for "Do not disturb" mode: Get all messages" / Get messages only from friends / Get messages only from the partnered avi/avis (for intimate time with your lover when you don't want anyone to spoil it or when we want to build and don't want no one to disturb us). When someone writes us in "Do not disturb" mode and their message not getting delivered they can get some placeholder system message like "Message have not delivered, person in DND mode".

Hmm,  the last sentence would connect well with my whitelist idea.
"Maybe" it can be like that:

Everytime you go into DND mode, you can search for the persons which you wanna allow to have contact with you.
All others are blocked, until you leave the mode and they will receive the message you mentioned.

Or you can save the settings for the next time if you have contact to the same peoples mostly.
F.e: When you have a disconnect, you go back to DND and the whitelist is the same.

Or the mode stays consistent, after a disconnect, too.
(Not sure if that is good because some people probably will forget that they are in DND)

Or you have different lists which you can choose quickly.
I like the whole concept, also the "partner is allowed to write" thing.

Or all are allowed to write, which are in the same room. (Not sure if that is a good idea tbh, but the idea came up, but you can bring that as a optional disable feature.)

That made me brainstorming a lot!
Cool idea!

Added:
But yeah like you say.. the most important thing is, that you can make others clear that you are busy without responding.
Which system it is at the end does not matter very much as long as the effect is given without heavy negative side effects.

Edited by Janet

I tried also this kind of pic but maybe yours works better. Maybe is mine damaged, who knows :)

14 hours ago, EvaMarie said:

My humble idea for an easy-to-implement AFK mode that would also work with DND and other shortcuts...

360_F_324104619_afhLuctrBIaxqzwLwXkdVe3WG6RoVEzw.jpg.ffaadaf1e43952bbb59247b95bd89589.jpg

... just place this in your gallery

I tried also this kind of pic but maybe yours works better. Maybe mine is damaged, who knows. :)

But jokes apart.
I forgot to mention it in last post that it is also important that the message does not appear at all for some (also for me sometimes) because it kicks you out of concept.
And well people write nevertheless because some simply don't see it or they think "ohh probably forgot to change":) or they simply don't care.
So this "change pic to show your status" does just work to... maybe 50% max for me at least.

Probably 50-75% of the people will role their eyes when they read this topic (or me :p) because they have the "i dont care and ignore the message" personality.
But i think it's worth even when 10-25% would appreaciate that mode because it's a quality of life thing. And the bigger the game grows the more people wanna have it anyway. For me at least a must have because the current system shrinks my fun very hard and it gets more with everytime i log in.
When it works better for you or it doesn't bother you at all that messages appear you are blessed :) (and me a bit jealous :p)

Edited by Janet