3DXChat Community

Does Anyone Play As Themselves?

Horni4U

Lol this is all too funny, this is a virtual world where people are allowed to be who and/or what they want.

Β 

Isn't that what Role Play is all about?!

Β 

Β 

People have the choice to or not get emotionaly involved. If so that's on you!

Β 

Take the game as it is and just enjoy the moment.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Oh and on a side note, funny how people that come up with all this all the time are the ones walking around on alts and what not.

Β 

(the ones who the hat fits will know)

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

WELCOME TO 3DXCHAT :DΒ 

Β 

Β 
Β 
Β 
Oh and on a side note, funny how people that come up with all this all the time are the ones walking around on alts and what not.
Β 
(the ones who the hat fits will know)
Β 
Β 
Β 
Β 
WELCOME TO 3DXCHAT :D

Β 

What do you mean by that comment Venom?

Lol, see everyone takes everything so serious...

Β 

Β 

I've been a player since the game exists, i've been in forums since they were created (not on Venom cause my main at the time was ShyBella).

Β 

So as all of you can imagine I've been reading these kind of posts since forums are up since this issue is raised from the very begining! And I talk from experience since i'm one of the oldest players still around (at least not hidding).

Β 

I hope this answer all your doubts, not that I owe any explanations.

Β 

Β 

And like usual next year i'll reply to something like this again just as a reminder, since i don't do it often.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Throws hats around!

Β 

Β 

Over and outΒ  :DΒ 

Lol, see everyone takes everything so serious...

Β 

Β 

I've been a player since the game exists, i've been in forums since they were created (not on Venom cause my main at the time was ShyBella).

Β 

So as all of you can imagine I've been reading these kind of posts since forums are up since this issue is raised from the very begining! And I talk from experience since i'm one of the oldest players still around (at least not hidding).

Β 

I hope this answer all your doubts, not that I owe any explanations.

Β 

Β 

And like usual next year i'll reply to something like this again just as a reminder, since i don't do it often.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Throws hats around!

Β 

Β 

Over and outΒ  :DΒ 

Alrighty. ^^

This time it is the gender, what is next?

Β 

... rl skin color?

... rl age?

... rl social standing?

Β 

If YOU are offended by it, then it is YOUR responsibility to point that out before starting something. Or do you tell anyone you meet ingame that you are the same sex as your ava? I bet not.

Β 

Please keep in mind that this is a place to life your fantasies. How many BBCs out there are caucasian and have a small dick irl? Does it matter? I guess not. But we have to protect our new players that don't know that fact! So please bring in the rule that you have to state the length of your cock irl as male player!!! (For those that don't get it, that was a joke)

Β 

The great thing about this place is that things like gender, age, heritage or money on the bank account don't matter. What matters is the soul and the character!

Β 

And to those that think this is a dating agency: it is not!

Β 

Live and let live...

Β 

If you are offended by something, hit on the keyboard and let the world know. Expecting others to change their way to be because of you is very small-minded.

Β 

Β 

Have fun all! (This is what this place is about)

Β 

Who said anything about skin colour or age or social standing, saying that is just plain ridiculous and has nothing to do with what this thread is about.

And yes expecting others to change their ways because of you is very small minded, people really shouldn't expect people who care about the real gender of who they are having sex with to change their ways.

Who said anything about skin colour or age or social standing, saying that is just plain ridiculous and has nothing to do with what this thread is about.

And yes expecting others to change their ways because of you is very small minded, people really shouldn't expect people who care about the real gender of who they are having sex with to change their ways.

Β 

the question was what will be next. Besides that, I am glad that you did get what I meant. So best option for those who are bothered by it is to state it in the first conversation.

I am Mar on here and in real.Β  I am straight forward, I use tact when needed but that's slipping away.Β  I give the truth just as I'd expect the same in return.Β  I can say this, with all games, play the game with me and I'll show you how it's done but I use the truth and back it up.Β  Far too much has gone on.Β  Yes there are those that go on an alt avi that no one knows to get away from things for a bit while others go on an alt avi to decieve others to do as they need to.

Β 

Be direct and honest about who and what you are and you're good.Β  Play games and you may just get burned in the end.

the question was what will be next. Besides that, I am glad that you did get what I meant. So best option for those who are bothered by it is to state it in the first conversation.

Β 

Ok maybe we should stick up a big sign in NC for newbies saying "If the sex of the person behind the keyboard bothers you make sure you strike that up in the 1st conversation"

Another problem with that is if you consider the amount of posts that have been in here where people are complaining about being asked about their rl sex, you would realise it creates problems.

A lot of people react badly to being asked claiming their privacy is being invaded.

If there was a box checked as I have said that shows it matters to that person then the people that don't care about their sex know who to avoid.

Β 

I just don't see the problem here, I have suggested a possible means of reducing a problem that has plagued this game from its start.

There is no invasion of privacy and in fact may even reduce cases where people are saying their privacy is being invaded.

Β 

There are males that are creating female avis and claiming themselves to be lesbians, they are getting in relationships especially with new players and then thinking they can reveal they are really males and everything should be alright.

Every time I have seen this happen it has not ended well and the girl has been hurt and upset.

Lots of the girls that come in here chose to be with other girls through bad experiences with guys, this only further adds to their dis trust in relationships with guys, and that goes to their real life to.

Β 

Other males are making female avis to have sexual relations with other guys, again when this has happened and found out it has ended badly.

I have also seen where the guy with the female avi has even taken pleasure in telling the guy they have just had sex with a guy.

Β 

I don't mean to be just critical of males here as there is likely females are doing this type of thing to, I just haven't heard of any.

Β 

These things are going on and we all know it, and yes once you have been here a while you know how to get past it, I have never actually had it happen to me, or at least I don't think so.

But what about the new players that keep getting caught by it, the ones who lots of them don't even get through the 1st month before quitting because of it.

It's ok to say you have to do this and do that, but they don't know and unless we stick up warning signs everywhere they have no way of knowing, some are smart enough to work it out before they start but most don't.

Β 

The new rule I have asked to be added will not doΒ harm to anyone, it is not invading any ones privacy and will not cause a problem for any one who is not looking to deceive people.

Yes there may be some cases where people are falsly accused but like anything else proof will need to be provided.

Β 

If there is any real reasons someone can think of where this would cause problems please say so, but to say things like this is the Internet and the way things are, or it's a game and people have a right to do this, don't bother because they don't cut it.

I personnally think that a rule that try to regulate real life gender wouldn't work even on a volontary base and would be more damageing for a few reasons.Β 

Β 

1. It does goes against the game views and only the dev can change how they promote there game. The community propose recommandation and let the owner of the game decide.Β 

Β 

promo_zpsv97lzpfw.png

Β 

The game clearly state that you can come to play as you like.Β 

Β 

2. One of my main conscerns about trying to implement any new rule about enforcing real life gender would be how it is reported. You need tangible proof of someone real life gender to be able to apply a game rule. You can't really enforce it on a rumors, you can't really enforce it on guessing either, a screenshot of someone admiting that is he is another gender in RL is barely enough. And the game owner obviously can't ask for real ID to verify a claim and a picture is obviously not an option either. If you want to apply a rule in game, you need to be able to proof out of all doubt that the person is really doing what you claim and just knowing is not enough.

Β 

3. Because of the very nature of social games and the drama that is associate with it. I will be just another tool for the player that want to take revenge on someone they don't like. I will also add that it might be used for players to execute there little wtich hunting and try to out other player that might have checked RL in there profile. I am not sure it will make the game really more interesting to play and I don't think there will be less drama and people that will get hurted.

Β 

4. I personnally think that the support team won't be able to deal with the reports in a timely fashion and like I said in point 2. Also, it will be time consuming for them to verify those reports and acts upon them. With the state in which the game is right now, I don't think the idea is doable as the support team is minimal and it is sure not a job for the forum moderator.Β 

Β 

5. Because it won't prevent people from lying and being deceiveful. A rule that monitor RL sex won't prevent anyone from doing as they like and at the end it will just add more weight over the support team. There already the rule 2.02 that is used for preventing people to get hurt and I don't think one more rule about player gender is beneficial.

Β 

I really don't think a rule that would regulate real life gender vs the gender of your avi to be practical. The game got enough drama as it is and I don't think it will really help with it. In the end, it will just be another tool for player to exploit to there own end.Β 

Β 

---

Β 

What the game really need to been able for the players to realize that everyone come in the game for a different reason and sometime those reasons are incompatible and it alright.Β 

I had the chance to meet incredible players in the game that were "Realistic" and incredible players that were "Role players". We need to stop throwing the blame to RP players for the drama in game, it is unfair.Β 

Β 

I have meet lying and deceitful players of all kinds and it not a matter of being Real or RP. But when those behavior are notice, they need to be report under the rule 2.02 or one more appropriate.Β 

Β 

Well, this is my opinion on the matter at hand. We do the best with what we have, but I don't think a new rule would be the solution to a problem that is not about to be gone.Β 

Thank you Skar, someone who finally took the time to think about things properly and not just say it is the way of the internet.

If we look at what you mean by the highlighted text you have in your pic of the game promotion then there are several rules in there that should be removed, rules forbidding a player from doing certain things already exist.

For example you are not allowed to play yourself as god, isn't that stopping you from doing anything you want as it says in that promotion.

Yes it would be very hard to prove that someone has broken the new rule if it was put in, would only really happen when the player actually admitted they were not the sex they said they were and copies made of that.

The problem here is most of the people that do this will defend their actions by saying they have a right to do so, and the truth is with the present rules they do.

That is what is needed to be corrected, they should not have the right to dis respect another players wishes on how they want to play the game.

If what I suggested was put in, it is still my opinion it is a step in the right direction as it would state clearly the players wishes on the matter should be respected.

Yes the problem will never be gone, but lets not have it so they feel they have the right to do so.

We are not enforcing real life gender here, we are simply making so it can beΒ known that a player does not want to participate in sex acts or relationships with people who are not the real life gender they wish to do these things with.

You need to ask yourself how many people would actually check that box if it was brought in, it is my opinion that the majority of people would.

If you agree with that you then need to ask yourself why they would check it, my opinion there is that most do actually care about the gender of the person they have sex with, it is just human nature.

I believe that even the ones that are doing this, lots of them would care about the real life sex of the person behind the keyboard.

For example if a guy playing a lesbian found out that the lesbian he was in relationship with was actually another guy doing the same thing, I don't think it to hard to figure out what would happen in most cases.

I think lots would even get a bit pissed off and upset they had been had, even though they were doing the same thing themselves.

Maybe all is needed is a slight change to rule 2.02

Β 

2.02. Insults, personal attacks, abuse or harassment are not tolerated on any level.

to something like

2.02. Insults, personal attacks, abuse, deliberate deception to a players known wishesΒ or harassment are not tolerated on any level.

I've participated in similar communities that feature a "picture of yourself with a written message" verification as an option, and honestly it does seem to me like it's a net benefit overall. The people who care about it have it available, and those who don't care... simply don't care.

Β 

I see the concern that it would put pressure on people to verify, but I've never actually seen that happen. Most people never verify, most people still message the unverified (although many have a preference for the verified, but I think the distinction is important) and things keep rolling along.

Well, the only issues about a "picture of yourself with a written message" is that it can be easily fooled. Either by asking a RL friend to take it for you or by some photoshoping. Photoshop can be tricky but I have seen some impressive work in the past.

Β 

The only way that I have seen it done before it was in a game where you could apply as volonteer. You needed to send a picture of your face and the photo ID card beside you. That way. there could be no doubt that it really you.

Β 

But that bring another issue really, I wouldn't like that 3dxchat store that level of real life personal information. Those can be sensitive information and I wouldn't really like that those were store on 3dxchat servers. You can call that a lack of faith.Β 

Β 

Β 

I've participated in similar communities that feature a "picture of yourself with a written message" verification as an option, and honestly it does seem to me like it's a net benefit overall. The people who care about it have it available, and those who don't care... simply don't care.

Β 

I see the concern that it would put pressure on people to verify, but I've never actually seen that happen. Most people never verify, most people still message the unverified (although many have a preference for the verified, but I think the distinction is important) and things keep rolling along.

It boggles my mind that you are seriously wanting to protect people playing in a fictional world on a fictional character from fiction.

Β 

How about you just add a rule that forbids the discussion of your real life, that way no one ever has to know who a person is behind the fictional character they are portraying. No one can get upset if they can never know. Oh wait, I forgot... Some "real life" girl in Australia needs to know for sure that the "real life" girl in America she will never meet and she is pretending to be in love with is really a woman and not some fat male accountant.

It boggles my mind that you are seriously wanting to protect people playing in a fictional world on a fictional character from fiction.

Β 

How about you just add a rule that forbids the discussion of your real life, that way no one ever has to know who a person is behind the fictional character they are portraying. No one can get upset if they can never know. Oh wait, I forgot... Some "real life" girl in Australia needs to know for sure that the "real life" girl in America she will never meet and she is pretending to be in love with is really a woman and not some fat male accountant.

Β 

Euk, we can have a discussion without being disrespectful. There no need to troll in that topic.Β 

I've participated in similar communities that feature a "picture of yourself with a written message" verification as an option, and honestly it does seem to me like it's a net benefit overall. The people who care about it have it available, and those who don't care... simply don't care.(1)

Β 

I see the concern that it would put pressure on people to verify, but I've never actually seen that happen. Most people never verify, most people still message the unverified (although many have a preference for the verified, but I think the distinction is important) and things keep rolling along.(2)

Β 

1 - It isn't as simple as caring/not caring. Like I said on this same thread you linked: this is an overallΒ bad idea. Not everyone is comfortable with being forced to share their rl life information over the internet, and I'm not just talking about the risk of fraud. Companies are known to sell customer data, sometimes legally sometimes ilegally and it wouldn't be very nice to live with the fear your image with your name written in it being sold around, at least not for me. Call me paranoid , but my father worked on cyber forensics for a loong time, and the kind of tales he tells me creep me the hell out so I would be among those unverified players, but not because I don't care.

Β 

2 - That's the best case scenario, the worst case scenario would be a witch hunt on unverified players by the community. It is also perfectly possible that in time unverified players would be blocked from certain features of the game, though I admit this second point to be something of an exaggeration. Like I said in the same thread you linked, the only way I see the verification idea is as a tag of trust/mistrust on players and this community is already too volatile and drama filled without people pointing fingers on others because they are unwilling to share their image with SexGameDevil.

Β 

3 - No offense meant in none of the above ;) (Even if you didn't take it, you never know around here when you are going to be taken as a troll...)

Β 

Β 

No offense Twiggy, but actually, it does. You are fighting against deception here so you can't really ignore the kinds of deception that don't involve gender. Just like there are people here who care about the real life gender of a person they are becoming romantically involved there are those who care about age, social standing, nationality and whatnot. A 50 year old person pretending to be 25 just so they can hook up with someone in their twenties who's looking for a partner around their age is just as harmful as a man pretending to be a lesbian/bi woman so they can date non straight women. A married/engaged/taken person who pretends to be single just so they can be in a relationship with people in here is equally as harmful. On the latter I have seen it happen with a friend of mine and it was really harmful for them, I won't go into details in order not to compromise their identity and their trust in telling me what happened, but suffice to say the deception went on to a point my friend was so in love with the deceiver that it felt like an emotional punch in the gut when the deception was revealed.

Β 

I'll say something though, I'm with you when you defend means to reduce deception in here. But in order to do so effectively there needs to be a rule that respects people's right of privacy while it's still effective in punishing it's offenders, and like Skar said there needs to be means of verifying if the rule has been violated that are based in hard evidence and not just speculation, lest we have a witch hunt.

Β 

The sad reality however is that this medium we are a community of isn't the only one with this kind of issues, real life has them too: cheating people often lie to their lovers about not being taken so they can keep the affair going and I have seen transgender people pretend to be cis so they can be in a straight relationship with someone who cares if they are cis or trans (for the record, I have nothing against trans people and I don't really want to get into a gender identity debate... just citing this example because it's the closest I have to the whole gender issue we have here, I'm all for a person being happy the way you were born). Not being a conformist despite the looks of it, all I'm saying is that we humans haven't yet found a way to punish people for those offenses that prevents other people from committing them so it will be tricky to find a way to do it here.

Well, the only issues about a "picture of yourself with a written message" is that it can be easily fooled. Either by asking a RL friend to take it for you or by some photoshoping. Photoshop can be tricky but I have seen some impressive work in the past.

Β 

The only way that I have seen it done before it was in a game where you could apply as volonteer. You needed to send a picture of your face and the photo ID card beside you. That way. there could be no doubt that it really you.

Β 

But that bring another issue really, I wouldn't like that 3dxchat store that level of real life personal information. Those can be sensitive information and I wouldn't really like that those were store on 3dxchat servers. You can call that a lack of faith.Β 

Β 

Β 

In other games they have you verify that way and only ask that you block out particular information like your address that's listed on your ID.Β  Some do it through a service that actually verifies it without you having to do that and anyone can get a parents, friend or spouse/partner ID and put that information in claiming it's them.

Β 

I've been called a male as rumor were spread that I was, yet I'm all woman in every way and there are few that have seen me besides my picture I had on my profile.Β  One has heard my voice in a Skype call.

Β 

I have first hand seen men acting as women and women acting as men.Β  I understand the logic that you can be what you want but within reason, don't be deceitful and lead others on that you're something you're not as I'm sure you wouldn't want it done to you.

Β 

I've been doing Roleplay for 26 years and can play any part quite well, I choose to be who I am.Β  I don't believe in being deceitful or dishonest to others as I wouldn't want it done to me.Β  Remeber it is a game and you want to play, just keep in mind some can play it better.

Hey people,

Β 

Just to say I don't mind that people don't play as themselves. As long as they are cool people with who I can Β have a great time, not necessarily sex :),it's ok.

I saw profiles of elfs, magicians, vampires, people from outterspace here and I like to see people who's got imagination to create their profiles:). If there were only serious profiles, it would be very annoying.

Even if one day i know that one of my friend have not the sex he/she pretends, I will not judge her or him.Β 

Sure I will not be the happiest person at that moment, but i will forgive that, and keep spending time with that person.

I will not ask people a copy of civil status or passport when I meet them

Some people are here to realize their fantaisies and I am not here to say what fantaisies they have not the right to do.

But I can also understand people who are angry about this kind of situation. I just give my opinion.

Β 

Β 

Wow you are so miss guided, I take it that you only pretend to have sex in 3DXChat or just get off on the animated characters themselves.

Most of us get into imagination, trying to think of what the person on the other side is doing, for me I tell him all I am doing, I actually make it a very sexual experience.

I wouldn't be able to do that if I didn't at least feel fairly sure the person on the other side was who he was saying he was, but that is just the way the guys I have had sex with and I do things.

Maybe we are different and everyone else just gets off on the fictional characters, and the descriptive we do of ourselves is unique.

I am sorry that is all it is to you and the person at the other end really doesn't matter because you are really missing out.

Just because you look at it as fiction does not mean everyone in there does the same, that is your game and it is you that is being insistent on the many that want something more than pure fiction and to play as you do.

What I have suggested will allow for both, but yes it will make it so the ones that want to play the way you do will have to make allowances for those that don't just want pure fiction.

As it is they have no choice but to make allowances for you with none being made for them.