3DXChat Community

Does Anyone Play As Themselves?

Horni4U

I think it is important to play urself...I for one do and don't care if people don't like it they can kiss my ass and like if if I care but I want to be as real as possible to show people ther is real people here and u can add me chat me up but I stay true to my profile saying it is not all about sex for me. you can actually meet great people here if you simply talk to people. that's how real people get hurt as ell unfortunately but either way u find someone special when u be urself. just depends on how u see the game, like for example if u have a husband at home and agree to do this but don't take it outside the game ect.

• 3 weeks later...

I play myself as well; physically, as close as I could get, and mentally it's entirely me. I'm not playing this game to get away from myself or to be someone else. I like who I am, I'm happy, but I also got out of an IRL relationship recently and I'm not ready to date again just yet. So I'm exploring some promiscuous fun on here.

Β 

In regard to this discussion, first of all, I know that everything has been said, I've read all the way through every page. I doubt the devs would add a tick box for those who confess to playing a gender different than their own or what have you. But I do think it's a common courtesy for those playing as different genders to at least mention it in their profiles. Not everyone will care what your real-life gender is, as this is just a game, but I'm of the opinion that it makes a massive difference in how a sexual encounter can unfold. I would prefer that other users just be up front about what they're doing. That's all. There was one guy I saw in-game playing as a girl, the first line of his profile said "I'm a guy playing as a girl, if you have a problem with that then chat up another girl." I respect that.

Β 

Of course you'll never really know if someone's telling the truth or not, unless you get on Skype with them and do a video chat. But I know that from my point of view, if they're straightforward about what they're doing then I can totally respect it.

Ava creation does not give us the freedom to really look like ourselves.

However in my case its pretty close to what i looked like 15 years ago :P lol

Β 

And most of the time i do behave as i would in RL. During some RP this cause might change. Keeps me authentic to a certain level.

Everyone is a bit more open and outcoming in a virtual world in my opinion, especially when you are in some kind of anonymity.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, this is a old topic, can't believe i neverΒ repliedΒ here...

Oh yes, Sky is 100% real, cos if Sky was imaginary..then our planet wouldn't be all that nice without a Sky right? am i right?Β highΒ 5! anyone?Β 

Baaah, ok *high 5's himself*

Β 

But on a moreΒ seriousΒ note - yep i play as myself, well not really "play" i socialize :3

i don't go to the bar in RL and say "hi i'm David, brainΒ surgeonΒ ", so i don'tΒ see the point doing it in a socialΒ sim too ^^

I posted to this topic way back when before it merge into what it is now. My original post was my reflection in content from other virtual content that I HAD to get away from. RP driven in that content was like a submarine. If you couldn't feel the role & produce quality professional results you where replaced by someone who could. This is a much different community then where I spent most of my "Gamer Life" Thus I stand in the middle of this merge. o7 which means I see what everyone is saying "both sides" but my quality skill in hating everyone equally in this world & the "REAL" one is unbreakable... Cheers mates!!!

Of course, I'm playing myself. I don't have second or third avatar.

I love to hang out, chat and play with honest people.

I don't mind if someone likes to pretend, and live some of their fantasys here.

There are all kinds of people here, like inΒ  real life.

The great advantage here is ...you can just click the ignore button.... :)

Luckily I met a really good and nice friends here.

Unfortunately, I did come across people who love to lie, cheat ......

But what's the difference? They are everywhere. here....in RL....

Β 

I have no issue at all with pretty much whichever way someone chooses to enjoy this virtual world. I'm 'me' here, nothing more, nothing less - ok, maybe with a side order of sexual fantasy. Those who mainly 'play' a character - well it's not for me but, again, whatever rocks their boat. I do, however, have an issue with people who play a character and knowingly toy with other people's real feelings, safe in the knowledge they are not putting their real selves on the line in doing so. There's a few of them, I've found. I sidestep...

Well i'm playing as myself but in a gentle character. People who know me around knows exactly I mean. When you're talking to Sagret in sins or other location you're talking to the same person behind screen, same beliefs, same thoughts. Only extra thing that changes is that i decided to add up some magic powers into game avatar. So even though i use some magic powers, that doesn't change on a way i think. If i say that i like mango is because i just like a way they taste. So even though I'm in character, on social levels in game I'm real me.

This is a question that looked simple and easy to answer, but when I got to the 'why?' part, I realized it may not be answerable in one short sentence.

Β 

I play an amplified version of myself, not really by choice. It just comes out when I interact in-game.

Β 

While it's not some conscious choice to only play as myself, there are some reasons I haven't started playing a character:

Β 

1. It allows me to fully be who I am (more so than IRL), which is liberating and enjoyable, provided I can get out of my shell (sadly, even my anxiety gets amplified).

2. I don't wonder whether any of the people I'm getting to know would 'like me if they really knew me', since I'm already letting them get to know me.

3. I don't have to remember to act a certain way, nor censor my chat to fit my character's personality, nor do I have to keep up with any lies or guidelines for character attitude or actions while simply playing the game.

4. On the rare occasion when I manage to get into a RP session, it's easier to get into a character (and hopefully give my partner a pleasant surprise), and it's more exciting for me to play the character if I was myself up to that point. After an RP session, it's easier to go back to being myself than it is to go back to a character.

Β 

As for other players: I'm certainly fine with people making up and playing characters in-game. Let them play as they see fit! I only wonder about a situation where someone who is just playing a character gets tired of it, or isn't feeling it one day... It could potentially be a tricky situation if they suddenly reveal that they aren't who they've been acting like...

When it comes to social games like this, I'm pretty much me. But the virtual world here is a place I can do all sorts of things I couldn't or wouldn't do normally. Part of that ties into the fact that there's no real consequences -- someone's feelings can be hurt, because there's a real person driving the other avatar, but no one can get physically hurt. It's anonymous unless you take steps to remove that anonymity, so there's the "no one will ever find out" inhibition lifter.

Β 

I have role-played more elaborate characters (including an angel), but I do that in other games that are better suited to that kind of play. It's way more fun -- for me personally -- to have an avatar of myself in a game like this. Admittedly my avatar has blue hair, but c'mon you've gotta have blue hair. :)

Β 

So if you run into me in-game and I'm putting on a show or something, it's not me role-playing so much as letting that little bit that wants to go dancing naked in the rain off the leash and out to have some fun. But you're still getting to interact with "me", just gone a bit wild. ;)

When i first say this topic i thought it said "do you play with yourself" and I instantly thought YES!! on a daily basis LOL but in answer to the correct topic "do I play as myself?" yes but a little added extra goodies in there in three words i will describe myself as "classy sassy and a little bit bad assy" the rest if for you to find and discover

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...