3DXChat Community

What does it mean when........

TenaFoxxx

Original Poem by TenaFoxx October 4th 2021

I can not smell, does that mean I have lost the scent of a flower?

I can not taste, does that mean I cannot remember the sweet sensation of Honey, melting slowly on my tongue?

If my skin no longer feels as it did, smooth and soft and lightly scented, does it meant that my flesh has changed forever more?

I can not smell nor taste as I once did. My skin is dry and overly sensitive, no where close to what it was a year ago.

And my hair..... I used to have such thick, lovely silken locks, cascading down my back to the base of my spine and past.

I cannot sleep soundly, I am plagued with headaches, and stomach issues..

Covid19 Virus stole that from me for a time. And even still these things are not what they used to be.

But Covid19 cannot steal away my memories of HOW things tasted, Nor how  the scent of Lilacs and Honeysuckle smell. 

Covid19 cannot take from me the Jasmine oil I still smooth along my skin and in my hair. What hair I have left, I treasure and pray I might be spared further loss.

I took these things for granted: How things tasted, how things smelt, How my skin was soft and supple. Even how thick, lovely and long my hair once was.

I thought I would always have them. 

I was wrong.

I wore masks over my face EVERYWHERE I went. Practiced safety measures. Greeted visitors to my door wearing a mask. And yet.......

Covid19 came like a thief in the night, attacking without warning..... leaving me the devastation of a body wracked with fever, drained of strength and one that almost did not make it.

My Guardian Angel whomever or whatever that entity is, saved my life. While I lay semi conscious, fighting to breathe and even move, Someone or something kept me alive.

I had thought, I was alone. 

I was wrong.

We are in fact, Never alone.... All it takes is a little hope, a trial of faith perhaps, and a bit of Universal caring. 

The Nurses, Doctors, Care givers and emergency aide people.... To them, I give my UTMOST RESPECT AND GRATITUDE!

The prayers of Family, Friends and loved ones... I felt them. I felt their warm embrace of care and concern

I BELIEVE What it means is this: Life is a Gift, that one should not Pilfer, Waste, or spend ONE moment in regret. Life is for LIVING! Let us remember to be kind to each other. To care for each other. 

Because after all, we are here on this planet, this Vital Earth to lovingly care for it and each other. Let's Do This!

On 10/4/2021 at 3:37 AM, TenaFoxxx said:

Original Poem by TenaFoxx October 4th 2021

I can not smell, does that mean I have lost the scent of a flower?

I can not taste, does that mean I cannot remember the sweet sensation of Honey, melting slowly on my tongue?

If my skin no longer feels as it did, smooth and soft and lightly scented, does it meant that my flesh has changed forever more?

I can not smell nor taste as I once did. My skin is dry and overly sensitive, no where close to what it was a year ago.

And my hair..... I used to have such thick, lovely silken locks, cascading down my back to the base of my spine and past.

I cannot sleep soundly, I am plagued with headaches, and stomach issues..

Covid19 Virus stole that from me for a time. And even still these things are not what they used to be.

But Covid19 cannot steal away my memories of HOW things tasted, Nor how  the scent of Lilacs and Honeysuckle smell. 

Covid19 cannot take from me the Jasmine oil I still smooth along my skin and in my hair. What hair I have left, I treasure and pray I might be spared further loss.

I took these things for granted: How things tasted, how things smelt, How my skin was soft and supple. Even how thick, lovely and long my hair once was.

I thought I would always have them. 

I was wrong.

I wore masks over my face EVERYWHERE I went. Practiced safety measures. Greeted visitors to my door wearing a mask. And yet.......

Covid19 came like a thief in the night, attacking without warning..... leaving me the devastation of a body wracked with fever, drained of strength and one that almost did not make it.

My Guardian Angel whomever or whatever that entity is, saved my life. While I lay semi conscious, fighting to breathe and even move, Someone or something kept me alive.

I had thought, I was alone. 

I was wrong.

We are in fact, Never alone.... All it takes is a little hope, a trial of faith perhaps, and a bit of Universal caring. 

The Nurses, Doctors, Care givers and emergency aide people.... To them, I give my UTMOST RESPECT AND GRATITUDE!

The prayers of Family, Friends and loved ones... I felt them. I felt their warm embrace of care and concern

I BELIEVE What it means is this: Life is a Gift, that one should not Pilfer, Waste, or spend ONE moment in regret. Life is for LIVING! Let us remember to be kind to each other. To care for each other. 

Because after all, we are here on this planet, this Vital Earth to lovingly care for it and each other. Let's Do This!

You're words are gift, Tena, as are you!  Ironic that Covid brought me here, now only to find even here Covid can and is touching each and every one of us.  I am blessed to have met you and the wonderful friends assembled around you.

I pray for your relief and return to health.  You got this, we got this... 

Yes, Let's Do This!