3DXChat Community

World editor producing 'invisible geometry'

Razzaafterdark

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong here, but whenever I try to test the world I'm editing, there's a lot of invisible geometry that extends above the actual objects. I'm not sure what's going on here or how to prevent it. Is this a result of objects that are overly altered and warped? I'm really not sure how I can prevent this. It seems to affect sphere objects most of all perhaps. Any tips for how I can proceed? I'm at a loss.

invigeo.png

22 hours ago, Razzaafterdark said:

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong here, but whenever I try to test the world I'm editing, there's a lot of invisible geometry that extends above the actual objects. I'm not sure what's going on here or how to prevent it. Is this a result of objects that are overly altered and warped? I'm really not sure how I can prevent this. It seems to affect sphere objects most of all perhaps. Any tips for how I can proceed? I'm at a loss.

invigeo.png

As mentioned, this is a long time and known bug within the World Builder. It occurs when you "Reshape" the sphere, it invisibly retains the dimensions at the widest point of the sphere. A couple of the trees have similar behaviour.

On 10/1/2021 at 5:09 PM, JenC said:

As mentioned, this is a long time and known bug within the World Builder. It occurs when you "Reshape" the sphere, it invisibly retains the dimensions at the widest point of the sphere. A couple of the trees have similar behaviour.

ah yes, this was the issue I've been having. I've been using spheres flattened for the terrain of my world. This should fix those issues