3DXChat Community

3dxchat does allow sale rooms to make money ?

Akeli

Yes, we contacted the developers about it to be sure we are ok with them. We are not allowed to advertise  directly here on forum and we also make sure sellers have an active subscription on 3DXChat.

This is not the first website where you can find rooms to buy, actually it exists for more than a year. 

1. Locations have always been selling out, a year ago and two years ago and three years ago. 
2. Always something limited and not available to everyone costs money. 
3. Time costs money. 
And finally, the world editor has a built in donation link for patreon, which is also a money grab ) 
So what is it that you don't like about the site ? ) do not buy )) no one is forcing ) 

20210903_220705 (1).png

Edited by Redji

hi all, first of all, thanks for bringing this into attention, yeah i think it is good to tell more about the intention of the store idea, rather than leave it to wild speculation. 

In 3dx, there is a lot of great builders who build, share and sells room individually since long time ago. This is undoubtedly to see the creative side of most users in the game making 3dxchat game more interesting in having infinity location choices. Most builders have their individual website hosted to sell their rooms, but many don't. So the store is merely a sharing platform to bring more great builders together to showcase their builds at their free will, either for sharing free at 3dxchatsharing.com or opt for selling if they like in the store site. 

We have follow a few rules to helps the community :

1st is in the store site, we promote only 3dxchat and only 3dxchat active subscription user are allowed to join to upload their builds for sale. 

2nd The store started with the intention to share as a common place, we do not take any commission on any sales transaction, thus it doesn't coming from intention to make fat profit from sellers. If to look at it more fairly, it is just another sharing site with the option to put a price on their builds.

3rd All parties involved are voluntarily to sell or buy on the site. It is solely based on individual needs and willingness. 

Last but not least, builders always are welcome to share free as anytime they like, and sell anytime they deemed needed. So hopefully peeps can take an opportunity to showcase their work for sale and earn some token during this hard time. Its not going to make you pocket rich, but some coffee money for your builds, and it serve some great sense of achievement too. 

And yes it is true many sites are already doing the same thing. Its good this store bring some attention, and i hope its a good attention. 

I myself a builder love to build and build for free and for sale too. I think its the freedom that everyone has in the game. 

Nonetheless, hope everyone have a nice day and enjoy! 

18 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

Some are not ashamed with the price. The price of a year for a room... and you gonna be fed up with it in a few weeks. Some should find a proper work to make money

Honestly, everyone can think for themselves if they like or understand why people try to sell their builts here. Just try yourself build a complex room with several levels, chambers, furniture, poses or lighting to make it an awesome built. It takes seriously a lot of time to build these complex rooms generally. My own skills are just below basic, and I'm happy there are still people sharing their amazing work for free.

Also I know that there are people building rooms in comission as a kind of ordered work. 40 USD for a room sound pretty expensive. But maybe you should take into consideration what kind of features the room has already. Also you should imagine how much time it took for a single builder to develop the idea already and finally the room. And for some of the rooms shown around here I'm pretty sure we are not talking about hours but days, weeks or even months. So I would think that such a price reflects the efforts put in by the builder first and overall. Especially when he/she simply don't knows how often the room might be 'sold' in case its decided to offer it for purchase.

All those builders have started weeks, months or even years ago exploring and developing their individual skills to get to the level they are today. And I appreciate their individual efforts to build this amazing rooms. Just think yourself about how much of your sparetime you are willing to spend on building complex rooms for free because you just enjoy working creatively in the world editor.

And still nobody is requested to 'buy' such a room on one of these sites where things like that are offered. You still can try out the hundreds of free rooms. Or the ones that are included as a standard. Or simply try yourself. Have an idea, start with a planning, and finally figure out yourself how to work it in World Editor and assemble all those elements, furniture, lighting, poses, etc..... I'm pretty sure most of us will need almost the same time to develop their own skills to get in the same position those experienced builders are today. And maybe think about what money you might have earned within this time when you would have been doing a regular paid job at this same time.

It's still a free decision to sell your build, or pay a builder for his efforts and time spent for finishing this thing. Some will do it, some won't.

As long as there is a basic funcionality available when a user subscribed for the game, I'm pretty sure things work properly. I don't need to run a private room. There are plenty of rooms open every day. So you can chose yourself where to go. I'm even pretty rarely inviting people to my private room generally. If you still chose to have 'your own thing' you have to build it. Or find it somewhere. Be lucky if the room you're looking for is available for free.

//Daniel aka LadiesToyDE

I see one big problem here. The world files are not encrypted and there is no copy protection. They are just plain readable text files.

So even if I would put some of my rooms up for free on the sharing sites with the comment "not for commercial use", nobody can stop other persons to use it, maybe change it ever so slightly, and then sell it.
Or the other way round: if I would want to sell a room, how many downloaded objects from other people am I allowed to use? A single vase in a big mansion? Or a whole bathroom? Or what if I only use downloaded objects?

I don't know if Manyasha would be ok with people obtaining one of her rooms that someone bought from her, and selling it themselves with a few changes made.
Don't get my wrong, I'm not against making money with your hard labour. And building can take weeks or months, so $40 can be VERY cheap! But not being able to protect your work against others making money with it, might just lead to drama.

3 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

I see one big problem here. The world files are not encrypted and there is no copy protection. They are just plain readable text files.

So even if I would put some of my rooms up for free on the sharing sites with the comment "not for commercial use", nobody can stop other persons to use it, maybe change it ever so slightly, and then sell it.
Or the other way round: if I would want to sell a room, how many downloaded objects from other people am I allowed to use? A single vase in a big mansion? Or a whole bathroom? Or what if I only use downloaded objects?

I don't know if Manyasha would be ok with people obtaining one of her rooms that someone bought from her, and selling it themselves with a few changes made.
Don't get my wrong, I'm not against making money with your hard labour. And building can take weeks or months, so $40 can be VERY cheap! But not being able to protect your work against others making money with it, might just lead to drama.

Your concerns are valid, but they apply to almost anything sold, on internet or not. I dont know much copyright protection that works proactively. Movies, books, musics, everything is downloaded illegally and authors have to make claims to make them removed.  Hell even, 3DXChat got issues and got copied right?

The issue already occur sometimes with free items, people shared them and then see them reused in ways they dislike or by someone they dislike. I think as soon as you share or sell, you must be aware of such things, if the person is not ready for them to happen, then don't share at all.

Speaking about the store now, isnt it easier to have a single place, to see who is selling what? In term of control, you can check faster if something there shouldnt be there. We do our best to keep things clean, and if someone has a claim, the claim will be handled like for any store.

Asking for 100% security and 0% drama on internet, it is a bit like asking to unplug the ethernet cable or turn of wifi.

For the store:

- Sellers must be active players

- We now added fields so people can say if everything is their own or used shared item and give credits

- Buyers cant do commercial use of their purchase (meaning reselling)

- Prices are free, if someone is too greedy then no sales because of too high price

- The store dont handle any money, payment goes from buyer to seller via paypal or for some cases other payment platform

- The store takes no commission on sales

Even if things are not perfect, I think they give a better environment than paying someone on paypal/stripe and then pray it was no scam and you don't get your file.

So yes, there are risks, the same way there are risks when you enter your credit card details on internet, if buyer/seller/builder dont want to risk anything, dont buy/sell/share.

And you dont need a store to have drama in 3DXChat, the game is already an amazing place for them lol :)

Edited by Torax

3 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

That indeed is a good point I didn't thought about. In fact there can be used various objects that have been created by others -even a whole room can be used as a template- to build something new that is not 100% own work (because of multiple freely available objects that can be downloaded from sharing sites).

Those people that love to share there work for free propably don't care about copyright or something like this. Maybe they would change their opinion when knowing that others are going to make money with their objects and things developed. As a product manager/product owner I can imagine various ways to change the business strategy behind the game. Most of them would require mayor software development. Without knowing about the technical complexity of that game I'm simply not the one to analyze and identify what is possible just technically and what isn't. And also from a business perspective it's not simple and clear which of these changes might help to improve the game from a quality perspective as well as from a perspective of acceptance and entertainment.

Actually the game is how it is. It's not perfect. I'm mising things too in the game. And I think the speed to improve the game could be higher. But I also don't know anything about the organizational structure of the 'company' running the game, nor about costs and income. I have no idea how many people are paying to play the game, how many people are working on development, maintenance and so on. I even don't don't know where they come from or if there is a business plan and business strategy behind that all.

Now it's impossible to steal rooms. There are a lot of attempts, but now it's impossible. I myself know several algorithms on how to steal a room, but none of them work now. The developers of the game made a good protection, and if it was broken I knew about it a long time ago. I also haven't seen people using parts of purchased rooms for their own constructions, and if it happened, it's in the strictest secret from us))))) I'll even say more, players in 3DXChat are very civilized, they often write kind letters to us on the mail, for which they are very grateful, they can buy one room several times for themselves and their friends, this shows their care for the work of the author. I could write a lot of things, and I have a lot to say, but my English is very bad, you are very lucky)

I didn't know there was such a site. Personally, I have no problem if people sell rooms...personally, I would never pay for 40$ for a room...although this is ultimately a matter for each individual. Maybe I will find something for myself on that site, otherwise I think 3dx game developers should create ''premium rooms'' that could be paid with in game gold, which would be very well made indeed. Despite very complex world editor...it is very rare to see truly amazing rooms, I assume because the current room editor is far too complex,... and far too time-consuming that many people would bother with it, that was very different with the old editor where you could come across much more creative rooms as you do it now, as there is now a lot of quantity and a little quality. Maybe the game developers should also change the whole room editor and make it far more user friendly as is it now.

Edited by Mondayy