3DXChat Community

Fly Cam Support

LadiesToyDE

Hi everyone,

I'm in the game for about 6 years now and haven't used keyboard controls for Fly Cam until a couple of weeks ago. Until this time I was playing always with mouse and it worked perfectly. Now I'm using fly cam pretty often to record videos or take pictures generally, and it became some kind of new interest to enhance my skills. In taing the shots as well as in editing the stuff to produce good content.

grafik.png.72fe4b870403c23cb13208a507b02ce4.png

The screenshot shows the actual settings I'm using and that are working pretty good for me. I learned how to use the key controls, at almost. Behind the navigation option is noted wich keys to be used on the keyboard. Thats working fine for Movement and Speed Control. But the keys RMB shown for Rotation aren't working at all for me. Does anyone know how to use camera rotation on the keyboard? I'm trying to control rotation with the mouse, but its not as easy as I thought. At the end it works somehow, but I in fact would like to try the keyboard control just to find out if it's working better or not....

Any ideas how to do it?

Thanks in advance !!

//Daniel aka LadiesToyDE

While I have the attention of some clever folk that use the flying cam interface a lot, I'd like to ask something too which is befuddling me!

Let me start be saying a don't use a mouse with 3dxchat, I use my laptop's trackpad.

Now, some while ago I used to be able to use the flying cam wasdqe keys without issue.  Then along came an update and ever since in order to use those keys I also need to press and hold the right trackpad key at the same time AND also before I can do that I have to hold the right trackpad key while I "wiggle" the camera with the actual trackpad first otherwise the wasdqe keys don't subsequently respond.

Let me tell you that pressing the right trackpad button and stretching my fingers on the same hand to reach the wasdqe keys is quite difficult and a little uncomfortable (let's just assume my other hand is occupied doing the washing up or something 😜).

I don't understand why I need to hold the right mouse button down.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this (I don't have space to use a mouse) or do you experience the same problem???

Edited by Leopardus

24 minutes ago, Leopardus said:

While I have the attention of some clever folk that use the flying cam interface a lot, I'd like to ask something too which is befuddling me!

Let me start be saying a don't use a mouse with 3dxchat, I use my laptop's trackpad.

Now, some while ago I used to be able to use the flying cam wasdqe keys without issue.  Then along came an update and ever since in order to use those keys I also need to press and hold the right trackpad key at the same time AND also before I can do that I have to hold the right trackpad key while I "wiggle" the camera with the track actual pad first otherwise the wasdqe keys don't subsequently respond.

Let me tell you that pressing the right trackpad button and stretching my fingers on the same hand to reach the wasdqe keys is quite difficult and a little uncomfortable (let's just assume my other hand is occupied doing the washing up or something 😜).

I don't understand why I need to hold the right mouse button down.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this (I don't have space to use a mouse) or do you experience the same problem???

Maybe to be sure that you are not typing in the chat?

5 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

I don't think it's possible to turn the cam with the keyboard 😞

You know you can hide the interface and the mouse cursor for videos using strg + z and strg + c. It's somewhere hidden in the manual... I use this when shooting a video.

Well, since the cam-window shows 'Rotation' as a option to config, and is showing in a darker grey something behind that is known as the keys to use for the other options, it looks like RMB-keys should work for rotation, but aren't currently. So maybe it's a bug that these controls for rotation are not working.

Strg Z I know already. Str C is not important since I can record with windows xbox gamebar and exclude cursor while recording there. Nevertheless it might be a helpful information.

10 hours ago, Ela said:

RMB in this case means  Right Mouse Button. Not the keys R, M and B. 

👍 Thank you!! That explanation makes pretty much sense. Nevertheless it's confusing from a visualization point of view because it looks pretty much similar like the WASD hint. Another font color would perhaps show that it's not keys on a keyboard in this certain case.....

Generally it would be helpful to find a way to navigate flycam incl. rotation only with the keyboard. It's perhaps easier to use one tool exclusively instead of using mouse and keyboard at the same time...🤷‍♂️