3DXChat Community

Connected--but everything is empty

Awsno

I just reinstalled my game. I have connected to the server (although I did keep getting kicked off when adjusting my character) but EVERYTHING is empty. There is no one else there?

I've turned off my firewalls. I think I am connected to the server but there's no one there. Or am I just playing a local empty world on my own computer?

3dxchat is made up of different servers for different purposes, and they need to talk to eachother to fully render the game to you.  Sometimes, for one reason or another, one of the servers can't join in to this jolly server discussion, and you get the symptoms that you see.

You can see the status of the various servers and component parts of the system architecture on this 3rxchat status website:

https://3dxchat-status.com/

However, even when the 3dxchat servers are all behaving together as the best of friends, there can be problems with your connection path to one or more of them (e.g. packet loss or blocking by a local internet node to you).  To get an idea if this could be the case for you (it's not foolproof) there are also some self-tests provided from one of the menu options on that status site (the three horizontal bars in the top right corner).  Sometimes it is necessary to connect to 3dxchat via a VPN service to get around internet node blocking.

Edited by Leopardus