3DXChat Community

Streaming 3DXChat

pet_luscious

hi admins i want to stream 3DX on chaturbate and other stream sites but is there something in the terms and conditions with 3dxchat about streaming the actual chat content itself? like i will have a notice that the chat is public for whoever PMs me but i was just wondering if there are any other rules and ramifications to streaming the chat. 

Hi pet_luscious,

Have you seen the recent post (below) from Gizmo in the Tutorials section? This post clearly shows that streaming 3dxchat on Chaturbate is not just allowed but actively encouraged by the 3dxchat admins:

I have chatted with 5 models on Chaturbate that were tagged as streaming 3dxchat.  In fact only two were actually streaming 3dxchat through their Chaturbate video feed, although all 5 were playing 3dxchat while their Chaturbate account was online.  I joined one of the models that was doing this at the beach in 3dxchat, to give her some guidance on 3dxchat because she was brand new to it.  At no time did I receive any warnings (automatic or manual) to advise me that this 3dxchat member was live streaming her surroundings or pm's (although in my case I knew already).  I could see her video window on Chaturbate was steaming her 3dxchat screen and it showed both of us and our pm's and of course all the things I was giving her guidance on 😉.

The Chaturbate tagging options do not list 3dxchat as one of the tags to filter models by.  However this filter can be manually created by entering the following URL:

https://Chaturbate.com/tag/3dxchat/

This has reiterated to me the importance of 3dxchat users NOT putting any personal identifiable information OR real photos of themselves on their 3dxchat profiles, naively assuming that this can only be seen by other 3dxchat users (unless privacy and security are not of concern to them). 

Whilst the risk of 3dxchat being streamed outside of 3dxchat already existed, this new tutorial announcement by Gizmo about the integration of 3dxchat streaming into Chaturbate means it is going to be more likely.  Everyone should assume our 3dxchat presence/profile could be being streamed outside 3dxchat at any time without our explicit knowledge.

We will also have to wait to see if this new Chaturbate tie up changes any of the character of 3dxchat.  I have already noticed profiles in 3dxchat of users saying they can webcam for a fee.  And all 5 of the Chaturbate models I spoke to said their intention was to try to drive traffic from 3dxchat across to Chaturbate in the hope of achieving pay per minute private webcam sessions.

Edited by Leopardus

On 8/7/2021 at 9:24 AM, Diana Prince said:

I think it would be best to put the cam model video screen over the 3DXC chat window, so nobody can read what the model is chatting.
And she could turn off the display of names. Of course viewers could still see the bio of a player, when she opens it.

Agree but at same time, if people put things in their very public profiles they don't want disclosed or RL pictures, they should probably not be there in the first place. Since you'd have to assume anyone in a public accessible room could view those too. However agree things in PMs or other wise happening outside public area should probably be shown courtesy of privacy respect.

3 hours ago, TashaTight said:

Agree but at same time, if people put things in their very public profiles they don't want disclosed or RL pictures, they should probably not be there in the first place. Since you'd have to assume anyone in a public accessible room could view those too. However agree things in PMs or other wise happening outside public area should probably be shown courtesy of privacy respect.

But the difference is, hardly anybody in the room knows that it's streamed on a camgirl site. So not only 3DXC users would see these infos.

5 hours ago, Gizmo said:

I am sure not to show personal messages and chats is a good practice for streaming.

@Gizmo Agreed that is good practice, but what about cases where one person is streaming, without concern for the other person's privacy and without disclosing that they are streaming?

I have already removed my RL profile photos because of the privacy risk.  I am in my 6th year of 3dxchat membership now and have met many other members along the way that I have got close to in terms of friendship, and the best of those friendships have been based upon getting to know eachother on a personal level and discussion of aspects of real life through our conversations in pm's (although not personal identifiable information).  Some of those friendships have then developed outside of 3dxchat (one in particular I talk with everyday) but that requires sharing external social media details (ones reserved for this special purpose).  The risk posed by the streaming of private messages (without my acknowledgement or permission) is that I now have to stop this. 3dxchat can only ever now (for me at least) be a place for superficial friendships without real life information or sharing of any social media information because I don't know who else might be watching this "private" discussion.  I'm not sure that 3dxchat like this will continue to meet my needs to connect at a deeper level.

Ok, so this was always a risk I hear people say. True, it was, but now streaming is being actively encouraged by 3dxchat, and there are no rules or restrictions in place to govern it in order to maintain any sense of privacy of "private" messages.  I have seen my pm's being streamed, and am aware of several (at least 10) Chaturbate models now streaming 3dxchat.  This switches the balance of risk, so that private messages should now be considered as public messages.  People need to know this!!!

For myself, I need to decide whether this streaming announcement means it is finally time to call an end to my membership because I don't think superficial friendships will satisfy me.

Edited by Leopardus

On 8/9/2021 at 4:11 PM, Leopardus said:

Agreed that is good practice, but what about cases where one person is streaming, without concern for the other person's privacy and without disclosing that they are streaming?

@Leopardus Thanks for sharing your thoughts! And this is a good question. I suggest all 3DX community members to express opinion about it.

46 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

@Leopardus Thanks for sharing your thoughts! And this is a good question. I suggest all 3DX community members to express opinion about it.

@Gizmo I believe too it can be a privacy issue. I know so many drama that occured because of some screenshots, I can imagine what can come out from live streaming. 

3DXChat is not a shooter game, a sport game or whatever, but an adult social game. People wont stream a football game, or a battle royale. Some rules to stream the game would be nice, like streaming only wiht name hidden in the room and chat box hidden would be nice. If some sex stuff, and people involved are all ok about streaming it, why not, but people should all be aware of it.

If there could be a warning somehow, when we enter a room to know if someone is streaming, or when someone enters a room streaming would be nice. Basically something for users to know if someone is streaming. I bet it aint that easy, but that would be nice.

Edited by Torax

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! And this is a good question. I suggest all 3DX community members to express opinion about it.

For this to be meaningful you would need to a) open up the forum to new members and b) promote both the fact that a forum exists and also that you are actively looking for peoples opinions on the subject of streaming, an advert on the 3dx login page would be good I think.

As for me, general streaming of rooms, including world or local chat is fine, that is public after all.  But I would absolutely want to know if someone was streaming a pm I was in.  That by definition should be private.

Just my thoughts

You could probably put in some kind of streaming tag when software is connected if it's collaboration work, it should be possible to make that happen? But essentially making some overhaul of profiles may be another idea, so you can hide profile About informations or gallery maybe for people who are not friends, sure probably other ideas that may work but wouldn't wanna see another situation where overly nervous people, causes it the collaboration work to fall through. Like Plexstorm disappeared from being talked about or seemingly used much after people went completely nuts over it, think people doing streams will help get more people coming to 3dxchat much like Twitch done for many regular games.

• 9 months later...

I've already been approached because an avatar name was visible in my stream from time to time. But here you have to say clearly that will not be prevented, because even in the pop-up menus the name is in there.
The question is also virtual persons already have personality rights.
I cover the chat and also try not to show the profile. But it is not always possible. 

The streams on CB may not be recorded, however, and no screenshots are made. So all names etc. are only briefly to see and not permanently stored.
Maybe that's why since no one really bothers yet?

• 11 months later...

Ein schwieriges Thema. 

Ich habe auch vereinzelt mein Gameplay in Chaturbate gestreamt. Die Abgrenzung was öffentlich und was persönlich ist, fällt mir schwer. Einerseits würde ich auch nicht wollen, wenn mein "Spiel" oder gar mein Chat ohne mein Wissen gestreamt wird, andererseits besteht ein gewisses Interesse in Chaturbate das Gameplay zu sehen.

Ich versuche diesem Problem gerecht zu werden, indem ich alle Namen und das komplette Chatfenster ausblende. Natürlich sind dennoch vereinzelt Namen der Avatars kurz zu sehen, wenn ich mit der Maus darüber gehe. Deren Profile zeige ich jedoch nicht in Chaturbate. So sind gestreamte Informationen minimiert. Allerdings auch der Spielspaß der Zuschauer, weil sie sehr wenig von der verbalen Handlung mitbekommen. Wenn also der private Chat interessant für den Stream wird, habe ich ihn auch schon mal eingeblendet, nachdem ich den Mitspieler gefragt habe, ob ihm das recht ist. Dennoch empfinde ich diesen Weg als "schwammig".

Ich würde es begrüßen, wenn 3dx Spieler oder Spielerinnen, die gerade streamen für alle sichtbar kennzeichnet. Eine kleine Kamera über dem Kopf des Avatars wäre doch perfekt. Ich habe jedoch keine Ahnung, ob das technisch geht.

Anja

• 3 weeks later...

Personally working in finance, finance communications, and marketing in one of the most critical states CA. Before going into my knowledge of streaming adult material, the following is to show how different laws can be. Text is not regulated nor scrutinized like voice/video and streaming without capture is not scrutinized as a live recording would legally. E.g. I cannot record communications without notice and recorded/written consent however i don't need to give notice nor do i need to tell the client at any time that their communication has been transcribed. I do think however that SGD should let players know that WC could be captured because it is public NOT private. Being public chat, this is the only foreseeable risk to unlikely transmission by someone that is not directly privately chatting with the streamer. As one of the members said in an earlier response the fact that this is a stream not a pre-rehearsed nor is it an edited performance or routine. Most importantly it is not recorded. In order for someone to Elledge anything the claim would be baseless or at the least countered by their recording and transmission of SGD's copywrite material. I.e. break federal law in order to prove a claim of harm. Streamer s should be good this is a flash of a game with rules and for the most part a pretty tame dialogue I would CYA first and foremost Federal law takes care of the rest.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 9:50 AM, Gizmo said:

I am sure not to show personal messages and chats is a good practice for streaming.

is it possible to trimm the streaming window? i didnt find out yet. So if you stream only parts of the game not full frame (like3/4) ..it would be possible to still open open profiles and chat in 3dx in the hidden areas. Anybody knows if this would work ?

First thing everyone should keep in mind, nobody knows who is who by a screen name, unless they know this person and the place of the streaming service.

If someone was to make their identity known, they cannot expect to keep it private.

Either in 3DXChat or a streaming site like say Chaturbate.

Anyone that streams publicly know that possibly millions of people will see it, and if they show any private info, they are the only one to blame if it got disseminated all over the internet.

So, if a person from 3DXChat is streamed, and their personal info was released, it is only because they told people who they are.

And I am sure the streaming provider makes you agree to terms before proceeding to stream, like any "Broadcast can and may be seen to anyone", anyway.

My opinion is, if you don't want your private info shared, don't share it with anyone.

6 hours ago, SerenityWillow said:

First thing everyone should keep in mind, nobody knows who is who by a screen name, unless they know this person and the place of the streaming service.

If someone was to make their identity known, they cannot expect to keep it private.

Either in 3DXChat or a streaming site like say Chaturbate.

Anyone that streams publicly know that possibly millions of people will see it, and if they show any private info, they are the only one to blame if it got disseminated all over the internet.

So, if a person from 3DXChat is streamed, and their personal info was released, it is only because they told people who they are.

And I am sure the streaming provider makes you agree to terms before proceeding to stream, like any "Broadcast can and may be seen to anyone", anyway.

My opinion is, if you don't want your private info shared, don't share it with anyone.

Not sure you got the issue here. The issue is when someone is streaming but you have no clue about it. What if you are in pm with a good friend and share some stuff with him/her without knowing he/she is streaming?  It is the exact same issue like if someone takes screenshot from a personal convo and then put it on forum without consent.

22 hours ago, Torax said:

Not sure you got the issue here. The issue is when someone is streaming but you have no clue about it. What if you are in pm with a good friend and share some stuff with him/her without knowing he/she is streaming?  It is the exact same issue like if someone takes screenshot from a personal convo and then put it on forum without consent.

Thank you for the clarification, your right I did miss the issue. I can see the problem you all are having now.

I would have to concur with everyone else then that have brought this issue up. Not sure how they would solve this one.

• 6 months later...
On 5/20/2022 at 4:25 PM, Suzana said:

The streams on CB may not be recorded, however, and no screenshots are made. So all names etc. are only briefly to see and not permanently stored.

Maybe that's why since no one really bothers yet?

I know some time has passed since this was posted, but I just came back to the forum after some time away and noticed this.

Whilst recording of Chaturbate streams might not be permissible under the terms of the service, I want to make two things absolutely clear for full transparency:

1) Recording of Chaturbate streams and re-posting on other sites happens in massive volumes!!  There is virtually a whole industry based around it and it is easy to find recordings of almost all Chaturbate models.

2) Chaturbate THEMSELVES record streams and repost on Recurbate, to resell the videos.  All it takes is for interest in a particular webcam model's streams to be expressed and then Chaturbate will start to record and post those recordings on Recurbate.  In fact it seems that many (most?) Chaturbate models don't even realise that Chaturbate do this and are horrified when they find out that they do (although I believe the terms of their model memberships do make it clear that the webstreams remain the property of Chaturbate).

So, a cautious 3DXChat user should assume that their private messages and game interaction could be streamed to the world via Chaturbate and that those streams may exist forever in recorded format on other sites.

Edited by Leopardus