3DXChat Community

How to rotate a big world ?

Yaelle

Hi,

I want to change sunlight exposure in a big world but it seems to be impossible to move or rotate many objects in one time. It's a heavy room, made of many objects that are not grouped... I know it's bad ^^

Does anyone has a tip to reset world orientation with sun and weather ?

Many thanks

Edited by Yaelle

• Yaelle changed the title to How to rotate a big world ?

It is possible but you need a good pc and patience.

Select center for rotation, and select your whole room, then do your rotation but dont release the button of the mouse, keep it pressed the whole process, your game will freeze, sometimes it will say not responding, and so on, but keep pressing until the rotation is done. You have to be patient, even if you feel the game is frozen, hold the button pressed until the rotation is done.

Edited by Torax

Well to select all the room it's "easy" :)

Move your camera Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from where the stuff is and just select everything by holding left clic and sliding the cursor on the screen :)

13 minutes ago, Leeloo said:

Well to select all the room it's "easy" :)

Move your camera Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from where the stuff is and just select everything by holding left clic and sliding the cursor on the screen :)

that doesn't work for me. As I said, some of my rooms (New York for example) are so large, that you can't see everything at once. And the the select function doesn't work for objects that you can't see.

3 hours ago, Yaelle said:

Hi,

I want to change sunlight exposure in a big world but it seems to be impossible to move or rotate many objects in one time. It's a heavy room, made of many objects that are not grouped... I know it's bad ^^

Does anyone has a tip to reset world orientation with sun and weather ?

Many thanks

try to slice the room. It is easier to rotate element by element. I did this last yers for year for a friend: a 5gb room and lighter one too. It is long but you can have the angle you want.

What Meiling says is correct. You need to create several groups that your PC can easily manage. I would also say to be precise that you need to add an object that has identical coordinates in each of the groups like a cube.

My process:

1 create groups so that your PC can easily manage the rotation.

2 Create an object "X" (cube) approximately in the center of your world which will be used to recall each of your groups.

3 Copy the object "X" and add it to all the created groups.

4 Rotate each of the groups to the desired angle (Settings > Snap Angle) and use the Snap function (ctrl + rotation gizmo "E") by holding down the left mouse button on the green axis of the gizmo in global and center mode.

5 Reposition each of the groups by using the function "Ctrl + B" pressed and select an angle of the X object to overlay them on each other.

6 Once all groups are recalled delete all objects "X".

If your world is too complex, it is best to save your blocks in separate files when they have been created and still selected like in this video.

Edited by Hincholas

• 2 weeks later...

Might be nice to have a settings option to temporarily disable gizmos (the green selection boxes). Their rendering while selected is responsible for a lot of that lag.
When I did the architect's room from the Matrix, it was a few hundred objects selected at once and even moving the camera became slower.
 @Gizmo

5 hours ago, Xaufin said:

Might be nice to have a settings option to temporarily disable gizmos (the green selection boxes). Their rendering while selected is responsible for a lot of that lag.
When I did the architect's room from the Matrix, it was a few hundred objects selected at once and even moving the camera became slower.
 @Gizmo

That and what seems like real time updating of all the changes, it feels like that every movement is being recorded, as you don't need a lot of items selected before this becomes almost impossible to do. It really shouldn't be this hard to do.