3DXChat Community

A question

skalskal

Please forgive a noob's question..

If i made changes and additions to a certain room. then I selected a different downloaded one and saved the original one, can I still have my additions when

I recover my original room  in another time?

Thank you for your tie reading this?

Edited by skalskal

Remember that there are 2 types of saves, the first is the auto save that happens when you enter the room you've just been working on, this is a type of temp save and with no issues it will be saved forever, but the moment you use "Load from file" again, that work will be lost unless you manually save it. if you go back through this forum you will find quite a few posts from people that had lost work because of relying on this type of save that failed because of having to reinstall or a bug or crash of some kind. So make sure to manually save at regular points using "Save to file" and naming it whatever you like.

6 hours ago, JenC said:

Remember that there are 2 types of saves, the first is the auto save that happens when you enter the room you've just been working on, this is a type of temp save and with no issues it will be saved forever, but the moment you use "Load from file" again, that work will be lost unless you manually save it. if you go back through this forum you will find quite a few posts from people that had lost work because of relying on this type of save that failed because of having to reinstall or a bug or crash of some kind. So make sure to manually save at regular points using "Save to file" and naming it whatever you like.

Thanks a lot.. that was very helpful indeed. xx