3DXChat Community

Random disconnection

MeiLing

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, MeiLing said:

wired and I have not been the only one to experience it

Yeah, quite a few do, just look at WC for any length of time on any day and you'll see the evidence of it happening.

It's strange that it doesn't happen for everybody. The few times I got a disconnect (outside of server maintenance) are not worth mentioning. 

So I'm wondering what it could be. Could it be the ISP of the players that maybe doesn't provide a stable connection? I use Deutsche Telekom here in Germany.

If this is the case, the devs should make 3DXC more resilient against packet loss.

Do you try to switch servers (EU <-> USA) when you have these problems? Does it help? Maybe try a (free) VPN when the DCs occur. Just to see if it makes a difference.

But shouldn't the devs be the ones that make these suggestions or even fix the problems? It's sad that they care more about posting about the Bunny Bot on Twitter than trying to help the customers...

3 hours ago, Yvonny said:

It can literally be just a little hitch in your internet that causes you to lose connection, nothing the devs could do about that, if your net just cuts out for  a second it might throw you out.

That's what I meant. Maybe it's just a timeout when the server doesn't receive data from your client for a millisecond.

4 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

That's what I meant. Maybe it's just a timeout when the server doesn't receive data from your client for a millisecond.

For sure now. It would not affect different people, from different zone at the same time. If you had been at the E9 or other parties during the weekend you would have seen it. Ex is probably right... it looks like what was happening last year.