3DXChat Community

Can we have back DOF in screenshot capture mode?

Stronos

Ehhh... I don't think we had this feature before

Oh wait... i remember now that there was a slider to control the zoom at a time, is it what you call "DOF" ?

Edited by Leeloo

1 hour ago, Leeloo said:

Ehhh... I don't think we had this feature before

Oh wait... i remember now that there was a slider to control the zoom at a time, is it what you call "DOF" ?

That is the camera zoom, DOF is an effect that blurs the background of the subject taken by the camera creating a sense of depth. 

4 hours ago, Xizi said:

Did we have it before? I think I did not notice... But I sure would love to have it! Maybe even add DOF in settings? Would be fun to try playing with it. 

We had this feature but was removed

2 hours ago, MeiLing said:

Same ... even in 1.00 there was not the feature... and all was better in 1.00

LoL I remeber it, was removed when they updated to the new game engine. I even have old screenshots taken with that mode on my old pc XD

31 minutes ago, Xizi said:

Are you joking? 
I am here for 2.5 years and still I can say that now game is much better than it was when I just arrived. I can only imagine how poor on content it was 6+ years ago...

☝️ THIS

8 hours ago, Xizi said:

Are you joking? 
I am here for 2.5 years and still I can say that now game is much better than it was when I just arrived. I can only imagine how poor on content it was 6+ years ago...

Less content but better graphism.... Ypu may want to talk about what you know......

4 hours ago, MeiLing said:

Less content but better graphism.... Ypu may want to talk about what you know......

I am not sure what do you mean by graphism here, but if you mean that game had better graphics - maybe, I don't know. But you did not say so, you said "all was better in 1.00".

We DID have Depth of Field or rather .. we had Apertures... which influences the deth of field.

It worked rather well with the different focal lengths..or zoom... following the photographic (and optical) principles.

When it dissapered i cant say.. maybe with version 2.0 ?

Here is a selfportrait from november 2015 🙂

Portrait.jpg

no.. I dont think so.... i remember it as being in the game itself

and i am pretty sure it dissapeared with version 2.0.. after looking at the dates of the pics with the blur effect

Rochi's mod i dont think i used in version 1.0

Edited by Malvasiah

On 7/4/2021 at 7:47 PM, MeiLing said:

Same ... even in 1.00 there was not the feature... and all was better in 1.00

On 7/4/2021 at 9:23 PM, Xizi said:

Are you joking? 

On 7/5/2021 at 6:10 AM, MeiLing said:

22 hours ago, Xizi said:

I am not sure what do you mean by graphism here, but if you mean that game had better graphics - maybe, I don't know. But you did not say so, you said "all was better in 1.00".

nope everything with worse... lower performance, room editor was hell, customization was way less... the list goes on....  and ooo yes it includes graphics... there's just some loss in minor details for models for whatever reason... but that's not all there's to graphics and defo not something to warrant saying everything was better.

only thing that was better is that the game was emptier so there were less chances to stumble upon BS.

but yeah I miss DOF 😁

2 hours ago, Manyasha said:

yes!!!! I came later and didn't catch it when it was okay to drink and my eyes were cloudy, that's worth returning)))))

Hahahaha... yeah it was a bit crazy to walk around with that.. but a funny little detail.

was also funny when we to that Halloween could change our avatars in Fresco to skeletons or been invincible.. the more cloths you took off the more invincible you got  

Hello, I'm not really the social type to reply or give suggestion but I do really enjoy taking screenshots in most games especailly this one... and i think would be nice to add option to enable/disable blur background/dof , it could be disable by default for those people who hate that and like to be able to enable when we want.

I would love to see this option 🙂

Sorry for my english