3DXChat Community

FLATTENING A SPHERE CAUSES IT TO HAVE AN INVISIBLE WALL?????

MaraWinterdyde

@Gizmo

I understand that this might take some work to recode this...but for the love. Soooo many people complain to me about this issue. They want to use the sphere for land...and flatten it some...but they can....because THIS happens...

nqESIn2.png

This is me in the world editor...when you take a sphere, and flatten, the "hitbox" which is the green outline of the sphere in the shape of a box in world editor, works like an invisible wall. I can't swim in the water and get to the land part because it's like there is a wall in the way.  That AND I'm walking on air? What the heck? You could do SO MUCH MORE with this game and with the money you make from us and the new partnership with Lovense, I'm sure you have the funds available (and then some) to fix this issue. :) 

IUGvS8y.png

How the heck do you get past this...if you can. And if you can't, can you PLEASE make it so that we can walk properly when using this in a room? It would BE really helpful. Thanks. 

We've made this known to them right back when the World Builder was released, they have not done anything about it in all this time and probably wont in the future.

Theres no way to around it if using the sphere, but there are other blocks you can use. The egg works ok, the cone, the 1/8th sphere x 4 to turn it into a 1/2 sphere is another option.

On 6/19/2021 at 9:44 PM, JenC said:

We've made this known to them right back when the World Builder was released, they have not done anything about it in all this time and probably wont in the future.

Theres no way to around it if using the sphere, but there are other blocks you can use. The egg works ok, the cone, the 1/8th sphere x 4 to turn it into a 1/2 sphere is another option.

I don't think they can do anything about this. This happens in many worlds with spheres.

for an "island", like in the OP, just use one flattened egg object.
For smaller "spheres", use two egg objects like I mentioned above. The body of the dragon in the screenshot had the same problem when it was made of a sphere object.
You were always hovering above it.
When we changed it to two egg objects, it worked and you can sit on it.1883478032_2020-12-0611-22-21_248527.thumb.png.72714a5f4482b533b86bb4384f2a929c.png

On 6/25/2021 at 7:47 PM, Diana Prince said:

of course you can use this bug for interesting effects. But if you want to use the sphere for "normal purposes", it's just annoying because it generates this invisible wall.

I know. I was like dafaq is this crap xD Oh well. I finally finished the beach for our grand opening this Saturday. I'm looking forward to it. :D

On 6/25/2021 at 4:41 AM, Diana Prince said:

for an "island", like in the OP, just use one flattened egg object.
For smaller "spheres", use two egg objects like I mentioned above. The body of the dragon in the screenshot had the same problem when it was made of a sphere object.
You were always hovering above it.
When we changed it to two egg objects, it worked and you can sit on it.1883478032_2020-12-0611-22-21_248527.thumb.png.72714a5f4482b533b86bb4384f2a929c.png

Perfect. Thanks for that info. i relaly appreciate that Diana. You're such a HUGE help to us noobs when it comes to building. :D

1 hour ago, MaraVitus said:

I need to be able to walk on the beach...this didn't allow me to be able to do that. So unless I actually NEED an invisible wall, which I don't.... this was useless to me. :(

I had this problem in the past and I made a better solution with 1/8 sphere. After that I made some misterious invisible bridge by such bug that has two visible broken parts. One at start and one in the end of the bridge. I am glad that your problem is solved. Happy building:rolleyes: