3DXChat Community

World Editor

THX

22 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

Are you serious? I can show you a lot of stuff that is simply impossible to build with the objects we have in the WE.
Just an example: who can build a 1:1 replica of the nose of the Space Shuttle? And I'm not talking about an approximation. We simply don't have these curved objects.
You can't do it? Why not? You just have to become a better builder...

16d11e9595188dbad0418a85f0351aba.jpg

We can build it, but it will take a lot of time and this will be an irrational use of time in my opinion. On the other side of the coin... do you know how to implement your idea into 3dx? Coding side, interface, formats for import/export, expensive dev kits for creators for different programs(like one for blender, another for Maya,3rd for 3dsmax) weight limits that are needed for sure. And many things. This idea is so sweet to the creators. I'm loving it. It doesn't mean that it will be so pleasant for other users, because 3dxchat was made in a different way than other projects that has possibilities to make things for their virtual worlds. Some people are up to see a good quality control from the dev side. So get ready to see another side of our community. And have a good one.

18 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

Have you seen videos of the new Unreal Engine 5? Have you seen how easy you can create whole cities and worlds with it? Can you imagine 3DXC with Unreal Engine 5 and the incredible rooms EVERYBODY could enjoy with it?

I work with Unreal Engine and I am excited for the Unreal Engine 5 tech with Lumen and Nanite. My only issue with it is technical limitation on hardware, mainly the storage space. The fact the UE5 sample project is 100GB for a 10 minutes showcase is nuts.

30 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

We can build it, but it will take a lot of time and this will be an irrational use of time in my opinion. On the other side of the coin... do you know how to implement your idea into 3dx? Coding side, interface, formats for import/export, expensive dev kits for creators for different programs(like one for blender, another for Maya,3rd for 3dsmax) weight limits that are needed for sure. And many things. This idea is so sweet to the creators. I'm loving it. It doesn't mean that it will be so pleasant for other users, because 3dxchat was made in a different way than other projects that has possibilities to make things for their virtual worlds. Some people are up to see a good quality control from the dev side. So get ready to see another side of our community. And have a good one.

The devs definitely used another editor for e.g. the Lovense toys, or the cars or whatever. And they somehow implemented it into 3DXC. So there MUST be some way to do it. 
How difficult it is? I have no idea.

3 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

The devs definitely used another editor for e.g. the Lovense toys, or the cars or whatever. And they somehow implemented it into 3DXC. So there MUST be some way to do it. 
How difficult it is? I have no idea.

They would of modelled it in Maya/3dsMax or something and imported it to the Unity Engine as either a .obj file or .fbx file.

Edited by Ashbash

10 minutes ago, Ashbash said:

They would of modelled it in Maya/3dsMax or something and imported it to the Unity Engine as either a .obj file or .fbx file.

I'm sure there would be many people here that are interested in creating stuff in Maya / 3dsMax / Blender and send it to the devs. Why not make a monthly poll and the top 5 creations will be included into 3DXC?
I know, one can dream... It didn't happen with poses, so it probably won't happen with objects.

Edited by Diana Prince

20 minutes ago, Ashbash said:

I work with Unreal Engine and I am excited for the Unreal Engine 5 tech with Lumen and Nanite. My only issue with it is technical limitation on hardware, mainly the storage space. The fact the UE5 sample project is 100GB for a 10 minutes showcase is nuts.

Remember these times? 😂

68a75x1v2ez21.jpg

I personally think it would be a mistake to turn WE into some 3D software. WE should remain accessible for the majority of players and not be for an elite only. I agree some more options, some more shapes, textures and so on would be great tho. 

I agree also people who are good with 3D should have a chance to submit their work to devs, but like some said, 3D software are not cheap and not that simple to use and it is not devs job to provide people with a pro software. If you want one, you will have to get it at your own cost.

WE is free (meaning it comes with the subscription with no extra cost) amd WE is accessible and simple compared to many software. I personally wish it to remain simple to use for the majority of players but with more choices in shapes, texture but also objects ( bottles, glasses and so on to decrease file sizes). 

Blender is free and a very powerful software. Why not have the WE (with some additional functions) and for people who really want to do "more", let them create in Blender and have the devs implement it or give us an import tool.

But I know that the quality of the rooms is not the priority of the devs. Don't get me wrong, the builders of 3DXC and their creations are awesome! But imagine the level could be even higher.

29 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Blender is free and a very powerful software. Why not have the WE (with some additional functions) and for people who really want to do "more", let them create in Blender and have the devs implement it or give us an import tool.

But I know that the quality of the rooms is not the priority of the devs. Don't get me wrong, the builders of 3DXC and their creations are awesome! But imagine the level could be even higher.

Why dont you just show your work to Lisa? There are many works created by users in 3dxchat today. Write her a private message in discord and show your work. This is not a question about "elites". There are no elites. There are not many creators who do a quality work by using 3d software like Blender or 3ds max. 

I agree with Torax. Instead of creating stuff outside 3dx why not tell lazy dev to implement in the game so everyone could benefit. instead giving free stuff pursue them for market where creators could sell in exchange of xgold coins. even we could buy some more clothes and shoes too

10 hours ago, THX said:

3DX is not going to start over again in Unreal 5.

It would take years to get back to where they are now and they are years behind updates for a reason. (lipstick should be a understandable problem. Changes don't go as you want sometimes with updates.)

Sure Unreal 5 is kewl. But even Unity isn't fully utilized.

Unreal is out of the question. It would take a massive commitment to a change by Gizmo. The big question would be... Why would he?

He would need to rebuild almost the entire game from scratch. Not gonna happen.

He is lazy to even update the outdated Unity engine the game uses

On 6/6/2021 at 10:37 AM, Tankard said:

Maybe you need that if you are not good at this. Not the Game.

Creative people can use the tools they have. Not everyone is equally creative though.

Learn to become a better builder.

That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense as features are not an issue of creativity. 

If you had a clue about building, you'd know there are shapes we cannot make and features we cannot add. Without the Devs adding them.

Your lack of knowledge only demonstrates clearly your level.  You are more Special Ed./GED student while the rest of us are masters level.

Edited by THX

10 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

th?id=OIP.J7oR3n-4EVKSY6y8qR55WQHaEQ%26p

It would be fantastic if we could upload Blender builds directly like we can load the WE files or Unity Scenes.

The Unity engine is made to run more efficient with big objects rather than lots of little ones.

To be honest, I'm suprised how little lag there is with all these little object builds.

Edited by THX

12 hours ago, Maxx said:

What about adding our own textures?

Suspect they wont let us probably out of a mix of worry about DCMA is people use copyrighted uploaded textures and then I think they're not willing to compromise quality control. Would been nice for sure if we were able to do something more than current or we at least would get some requested texture we been asking for a long time.

9 hours ago, TashaTight said:

Suspect they wont let us probably out of a mix of worry about DCMA is people use copyrighted uploaded textures and then I think they're not willing to compromise quality control. Would been nice for sure if we were able to do something more than current or we at least would get some requested texture we been asking for a long time.

The DCMA issue wouldn't effect the company anymore than it does RLC or SL, but they would be required to comply and I'm betting they just don't want to be bothered. They don't moderate the game much as it is.

Edited by THX

1 hour ago, THX said:

The DCMA issue wouldn't effect the company anymore than it does RLC or SL, but they would be required to comply and I'm betting they just don't want to be bothered. They don't moderate the game much as it is.

You have that information from one of your cartoons?

13 hours ago, TashaTight said:

But what's the difference to streaming copyrighted music to the rooms? They don't seem to care about that.

Edited by Diana Prince