3DXChat Community

World Editor

THX

20 hours ago, Tankard said:

Maybe you need that if you are not good at this. Not the Game.

Creative people can use the tools they have. Not everyone is equally creative though.

Learn to become a better builder.

Are you serious? I can show you a lot of stuff that is simply impossible to build with the objects we have in the WE.
Just an example: who can build a 1:1 replica of the nose of the Space Shuttle? And I'm not talking about an approximation. We simply don't have these curved objects.
You can't do it? Why not? You just have to become a better builder...

16d11e9595188dbad0418a85f0351aba.jpg

Edited by Diana Prince

And I'm sure I'm just not good enough in the WE that I can't use more than one spawn / jump point... And that I can't import jpg / gif files. And that I can't see the colour values of marked objects. And I'm sure I'm just too stupid to make groups inside groups.

And it's not just about using the stuff we have in the WE, it's about how fast we can build something. Of course I can build any font with the objects we have. But it would be a hundred times faster if we could just generate the text inside the editor. Of course I can build any logo inside the editor, but it would save so much time if we could just import a jpg.

But maybe YOU can teach us how to do all of these things and become better builders!

Edited by Diana Prince

Diana, and many of Dian's fellow builders I stand in awe of.  What they dream up, build, and allow us to come in and immerse ourselves in their creations are amazing!  I work in IT, and have dabbled with graphic art programs as a hobby.  When it comes to WE, I do struggle.  If I had more time I would figure out the tool better, but Diana nailed it.   Any improvement to WE to make it quicker, faster, self-intuitive, I would appreciate.

The way Tankard makes it sound, we should be able to fire up our old desktop and a dial up modem and connect to AOL and the game.  If it is the tool I have and I am creative, it should just work, right? 😉

37 minutes ago, JackPine said:

Diana, and many of Dian's fellow builders I stand in awe of.  What they dream up, build, and allow us to come in and immerse ourselves in their creations are amazing!  I work in IT, and have dabbled with graphic art programs as a hobby.  When it comes to WE, I do struggle.  If I had more time I would figure out the tool better, but Diana nailed it.   Any improvement to WE to make it quicker, faster, self-intuitive, I would appreciate.

The way Tankard makes it sound, we should be able to fire up our old desktop and a dial up modem and connect to AOL and the game.  If it is the tool I have and I am creative, it should just work, right? 😉

I have never read anything as stupid as what Tankard wrote... Does he really think the new Lovense toys in the game were created with the WE? It's simply not possible to build such smooth, curved surfaces as the Lush 3 has, with the objects that are available to us.
That's why these toys were created OUTSIDE the WE, with Blender or whatever. The devs must be sooooooooooo uncreative...

2021-06-07 17-42-03_5893.png

Edited by Diana Prince

18 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

I have never read anything as stupid as what Tankard wrote... Does he really think the new Lovense toys in the game were created with the WE? It's simply not possible to build such smooth, curved surfaces as the Lush 3 has, with the objects that are available to us.
That's why these toys were created OUTSIDE the WE, with Blender or whatever. The devs must be sooooooooooo uncreative...

2021-06-07 17-42-03_5893.png

I'm just saying the game does NOT need anything. You speak for yourself if you need this shit and speak in your own name. Don't pretend that the game needs something when you need something. That's why I answered to THX. I don't need it so he should talk about what he needs, not what the game needs. Because in my opinion the game is just fine

So you decide what the WE could need and what not? Many people here are asking for certain things that would make the life of the builders MUCH easier!
Why should we work for days if the same function would take a minute with a better editor?
Ask all the builders that make e.g. logos or texts.

If YOU don't need a function,  doesn't mean NOBODY needs it!

Edited by Diana Prince

3 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

So you decide what the WE could need and what not? Many people here are asking for certain things that would make the life of the builders MUCH easier!
Why should we work for days if the same function would take a minute with a better editor?
Ask all the builders that make e.g. logos or texts.

If YOU don't need a function,  doesn't mean NOBODY needs it!

No I don't decide what YOU need. And you don't decide what I need. so don't bitch about what the game "needs" because we need different things and maybe I don't need whatever you need. Simple?

2 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

After your logic NOBODY should ask the devs for improvements. Because not everybody would need them... Sorry, but that is BS

Everyone is entitled to ask. And everyone should speak in their own name. Not in everyone's name, saying that the game itself needs it, when they do.

Whatever improvements to WE, no matter in the way it is asked, ultimately is not an improvement for an individual builder, but people like me that come to visit and enjoy their creations.  In effect for me, that IS an improvement to the game.  Peace.

3 minutes ago, Tankard said:

Everyone is entitled to ask. And everyone should speak in their own name. Not in everyone's name, saying that the game itself needs it, when they do.

Yes, I, as a builder, would love to have new functions in the WE. I'm not a DJ, but I understand and support their need for bugfixes and improvements.
Of course everybody has their own priority, but I would never tell others their wishes don't matter (for me).

Just now, JackPine said:

Whatever improvements to WE, no matter in the way it is asked, ultimately is not an improvement for an individual builder, but people like me that come to visit and enjoy their creations.  In effect for me, that IS an improvement to the game.  Peace.

Have you seen videos of the new Unreal Engine 5? Have you seen how easy you can create whole cities and worlds with it? Can you imagine 3DXC with Unreal Engine 5 and the incredible rooms EVERYBODY could enjoy with it?

Just now, Tankard said:

Good. so it's settled then. I build also, I don't need it. You build, you need it. Not that the game needs it. You do.

Maybe you don't need it if you only build simple structures, but if you want to create structures like in the pictures above, the game (WE) needs more functions and objects. 

5 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Maybe you don't need it if you only build simple structures, but if you want to create structures like in the pictures above, the game (WE) needs more functions and objects. 

well WE need your ass to reach the floor. turns me on. So the game needs it. You don't? no problem but we do. Get the analogy? good. speak in your name. And say that you wish for something, not that the game needs it.

What is so bad with everybody saying what he / she wants for the game? It can only improve the experience for everybody.
If we get function x and you don't need it, just don't use it. What is the problem? It's not as if you were taken away another function for it.

And it's a no-brainer that everybody speaks for her/himself here, when a function is asked for. No need to express that every time.

On 6/6/2021 at 4:37 PM, Tankard said:

Creative people can use the tools they have. Not everyone is equally creative though.

Well not a question of being a good builder or not, but if the world builder really uninviting and draining to use to make nice things, then it will only be the very few people where adding interesting things will come from. What will you do if some of those decide to leave and there not as many interesting places to go. The way things stand user rooms I think safe to say stand for largest amount of room traffic, don't think you will see as many people in the official rooms as around user rooms. Right now while you can indeed make many things just being creative with problem solving to some degree, it kinda zap some the joy out of doing it with too many unneeded obstacles to deal with, less you really love building creatively with problem solving and somewhat challenging set of tools.

22 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

Are you serious? I can show you a lot of stuff that is simply impossible to build with the objects we have in the WE.
Just an example: who can build a 1:1 replica of the nose of the Space Shuttle? And I'm not talking about an approximation. We simply don't have these curved objects.
You can't do it? Why not? You just have to become a better builder...

16d11e9595188dbad0418a85f0351aba.jpg

Yeah not only that things which should be simple takes a large amount of time and energy to do, just to pick a example out the top my head. The Slutmoore school I made having those 3 colors on the walls required making 3 different objects on every wall, since you couldn't just paint across the texture or anything like that with a color coat, even if we can actually apply colors to the textures.

Edited by TashaTight

15 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

Have you seen videos of the new Unreal Engine 5? Have you seen how easy you can create whole cities and worlds with it? Can you imagine 3DXC with Unreal Engine 5 and the incredible rooms EVERYBODY could enjoy with it?

3DX is not going to start over again in Unreal 5.

It would take years to get back to where they are now and they are years behind updates for a reason. (lipstick should be a understandable problem. Changes don't go as you want sometimes with updates.)

Sure Unreal 5 is kewl. But even Unity isn't fully utilized.

Unreal is out of the question. It would take a massive commitment to a change by Gizmo. The big question would be... Why would he?

Edited by THX

On 6/6/2021 at 4:37 PM, Tankard said:

So, you are practically telling @Gizmo that he has to learn to become a better builder and that he is simply not creative enough, because he didn't build e.g. the Lovense toys inside the WE? 
Guess what, even the devs have to rely on external editors. So don't you think EVERYONE (not just me!) would benefit from a better or external editor?
And if you didn't realise yet: even the "changing room" of 3DXC was not created in the WE. I have even seen this room in a YouTube video about another game.

I really think I speak for everybody here that we all want a more powerful WE. And if YOU don't want the new functions, you don't have to use them. But please don't tell others not to ask for them.

Edited by Diana Prince

1 hour ago, THX said:

3DX is not going to start over again in Unreal 5.

It would take years to get back to where they are now and they are years behind updates for a reason. (lipstick should be a understandable problem. Changes don't go as you want sometimes with updates.)

Sure Unreal 5 is kewl. But even Unity isn't fully utilized.

Unreal is out of the question. It would take a massive commitment to a change by Gizmo. The big question would be... Why would he?

You are right. But what I was trying to say was: with more powerful tools it's so much easier and faster to build incredible worlds!