3DXChat Community

TUXEDOS AND MORE SUIT OPTIONS FOR MEN!!!!

Um 3DX's doesn't have it's own engine it uses Engine Unity 5 and is the same engine as Curio (Unity 5) where wedding dresses were - so yes, wedding dresses along with Tux's for weddings CAN be done. 🤣

Some who got married in Curio (I have pasted this too) with those long dresses  and have read this thread are laughing at those who say it can't be done.

Certainly there are some issues where clipping could occur. But we deal with clipping issues already in 3DX and AAA games even accept a level of clipping cause nothing can be perfect.

There are pros and cons to everything.

Edited by THX

12 hours ago, Leopardus said:

I thought this thread was about clothing options for MEN - a much neglected area of 3DX development.  It's been hi-jacked by discussion about clothing for females.  Get your own (needle and) thread ladies!! 😜

Protip:  You should read the OP before sounding foolish.

BUT.....many of us, men and women alike, would LOVE to see tuxedos and more suit options for men and women in game. ESPECIALLY the men. I have a thing for men in suits. Also....LONG DRESSES.....so many people have weddings and such in game. But there is NO tux for the men....and NO long dresses for the women. Women don't need to have their butts hanging out in super short dresses to look sexy. And so many of us wants long dresses and tuxedos and there is no option for this. 

The next time you do an update (which is hopefully sooner than later) can you please look into this. We would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you. 

Mara :D

Edited by THX

4 hours ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Ah, I didnt read the title. I read the 1st post. Excuse me. ^_^

And likewise, excuse me.  I read the first post the day it was posted, but the more limited title led me to thinking the thread was only about men's clothes when I posted the message earlier today. 🙄

Edited by Leopardus

It took someone to point me to someone who had images still, but here you go. Figured you'd like to see those long dresses textured Mara and JenC. And a few things for us guys we would want. Totally forgot about all this.

With the clothing maps and some time to learn, look at these by self taught users. And yes, these are from the same engine 3DX uses. Seems like 100 years since I last saw these pics from that defunct project. We could do this in 3DX if they provided the mesh maps.

Wouldn't that be kewl??

qtZzn4O.jpg

sdhFj9f.jpg

y0onLPY.jpg

1z81XH3.jpg

Tix52To.jpg

1vPnPdr.jpg

7XruYc0.jpg

hp6IPIF.jpg

Edited by THX

🇫🇷 Ce qui se serait bien. Dans le fait de porter un smoking, ou un costume cravate. Ce serait de pouvoir faire des couches de vêtements indépendantes.
Je m'explique. Quand on met une chemise avec une veste, pouvoir retirer la veste, sans retirer la chemise. Ou un blouson, sans retirer le t-shirt ou la chemise.
Je trouves un peu nul, voir dommage, de constater que cela n'est pas possible.
Exemple : Si je fais du rp, et que je met que j'ai chaud et que je retire mon blouson. Je ne peux pas, autrement, je me retrouve torse nu, et dans certains contextes, ce n'est pas possible.
Tout comme le fait, de ne pas pouvoir mettre de t-shirt, sous nos nouveaux sweatshirts, ou sweatshirts à capuches...
Je suppose que hommes, comme femmes, nous avons ce problème.

🇺🇸 Which would be nice. In wearing a tuxedo, or a suit and tie. It would be to be able to make independent layers of clothing.
Let me explain. When you wear a shirt with a jacket, you can take off the jacket, without taking off the shirt. Or a jacket, without removing the T-shirt, or shirt.
I find it a bit lame, even a pity, to realize that this is not possible.
Example: If I'm doing rp, and I put that I'm hot and I take off my jacket. I can't, otherwise I end up shirtless, and in some contexts, this is not possible.
Just like the fact, that we can't put a t-shirt, under our new sweatshirts, or hoodies...
I guess men, as well as women, have this problem.

11 hours ago, THX said:

It took someone to point me to someone who had images still, but here you go. Figured you'd like to see those long dresses textured Mara and JenC. And a few things for us guys we would want. Totally forgot about all this.

With the clothing maps and some time to learn, look at these by self taught users. And yes, these are from the same engine 3DX uses. Seems like 100 years since I last saw these pics from that defunct project. We could do this in 3DX if they provided the mesh maps.

Wouldn't that be kewl??

qtZzn4O.jpg

sdhFj9f.jpg

y0onLPY.jpg

1z81XH3.jpg

Tix52To.jpg

1vPnPdr.jpg

7XruYc0.jpg

hp6IPIF.jpg

We need this!!!

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

We need this!!!

No doubt. Check this out... Kek (Keksy who made the lace arm things for women figured this out. (Fanastic examples of what could be done in 3DX). We all were learning there, then Kek took that learning and applied it in 3DX.

Why? It means they can provide a simple flat mesh and people can fake the hell outta folds and such and there is no performance degradation. PLUS!!! folds and shading will be different and not look like everyone is wearing the same shirt.

sfZcIa.jpg

That mesh is a simple flat mesh. All that seeming depth is totally faked.

These examples show how things can be done when many minds approach a problem.

Yes, a clothing editor would be what the World Editor was.

Flat, ok.

3YKXYjq.png

Totally faked .bmp

IUaCoHU.png

Makes this....

efHOKcl.png

Yes, we need this. You are right.

Edited by THX

On 5/31/2021 at 2:02 PM, THX said:

We could do this in 3DX if they provided the mesh maps.

True. But thing is, they never provide the mesh for the public, only for the exceptional few, and I don't realy understand why. The mesh isn't a copyrighted thing. Plus it makes no difference. Those who would like to try their hands creating stuff for 3dxchat, they could, that doesn't mean that the devs need to accept every submitted creation. But everything is really weird around here. No pose editor, they share the mesh with some friends, you can't try to create anything, the privileged few will create whatever they feel like creating. The devs will add 5% of that to the game anyway. Whatever turns Lisa on... And so on, so forth.

I don't know why are we trying to think reasonably here about the development process. It has been like this since 3dxchat exists. Nothing makes sense, there is no long term development plan, there never was, it's just a side project of some dude. So people mostly are wasting their time in the Development and Suggestions forums. Yeah I know sometimes it's frustrating.

3dxchat isn't even owned by a real company in an official sense. 

We can chat here about so many things that is possible, and I'm quite sure Gizmo knows what is possible, just he likes more to promise stuff than actually working on it. 

When they are asking for referals, monthly payments, they pretend to be a service. When it comes to trasparency of development, Development timeline for things that they work on, and general transparency in communication, they pretend to be not a service but just a personal cowd funded project.

You can't find anywhere in the topics for example an answer about male clothings. It's always silence, no matter who's asking about it. Lipsticks don't work? OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!! Yes we are working on it right now hold on! We enjoy lipsticks! Here you go 17 new items for female only. See how nice we are *smiles*

Edited by Tsela

2 hours ago, Tsela said:

True. But thing is, they never provide the mesh for the public, only for the exceptional few, and I don't realy understand why. The mesh isn't a copyrighted thing. Plus it makes no difference. Those who would like to try their hands creating stuff for 3dxchat, they could, that doesn't mean that the devs need to accept every submitted creation. But everything is really weird around here. No pose editor, they share the mesh with some friends, you can't try to create anything, the privileged few will create whatever they feel like creating. The devs will add 5% of that to the game anyway. Whatever turns Lisa on... And so on, so forth.

I don't know why are we trying to think reasonably here about the development process. It has been like this since 3dxchat exists. Nothing makes sense, there is no long term development plan, there never was, it's just a side project of some dude. So people mostly are wasting their time in the Development and Suggestions forums. Yeah I know sometimes it's frustrating.

We can chat here about so many things that is possible, and I'm quite sure Gizmo knows what is possible, just he likes more to promise stuff than actually working on it. 

When they are asking for referals, monthly payments, they pretend to be a service. When it comes to trasparency of development, Development timeline for things that they work on, and general transparency in communication, they pretend to be not a service but just a personal cowd funded project.

You can't find anywhere in the topics for example an answer about male clothings. It's always silence, no matter who's asking about it. Lipsticks don't work? OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!! Yes we are working on it right now hold on! We enjoy lipsticks! Here you go 17 new items for female only. See how nice we are *smiles*

Mesh is copyrighted thing in most of games, why? Why exceptional few? Who did say that? Btw, devs already gave the basic mesh for Everyone who would like to make tattoo or anything. Except the head mesh.

1 hour ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Mesh is copyrighted thing in most of games, why? Why exceptional few? Who did say that? Btw, devs already gave the basic mesh for Everyone who would like to make tattoo or anything. Except the head mesh.

It's incompatible for creation of poses for example. It's not the correct mesh

On 2/16/2017 at 4:26 AM, FrenchTouchs said:

Hi Everyone

This is my basic ressource Pack
For 3Ds Max (Or other software).

Biped fully rigged and optimized with my hands and ready for add. other animations. (Bug of "Bones not connected" has been updated and enhanced by F.T).

My Biped on Motion Builder, is ready for MOCAP (Kinect or IPI studio).

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/742002PoseExemple.jpg

Included:

BIPED (3DS MAX & Motion Builder) Fully Rigged and Enhanced by FT.

Any animations / Clothes Test

(Properties of FrenchTouch & VikizProd)

Caution:

This package, is free. And FULLY CREATED BY F.T.
If u want use this content, please use the Mention "Created by F.T".

Good Luck everybody and Best wish for ur imagination !

LINK:

https://www.mediafire.com/?hxaa73mbgu6hq9n

PASSWORD:

3dxchat

(If u have problem, send me a PM)

EDIT: I can create a new pack of my private bank, texture pack and other ressources, if u need more details, send me ur request here.

Everyone can practice with any skeleton and show their works to Lisa in discord. It should be a good quality. There are not very few exceptions. There are very few who would like to do this and very few of them who can make it with a good quality. 

11 hours ago, Tsela said:

Meshes would be copyright property of the creator I would imagine just like any artists art is. They can give to whoever they please and deny anyone they please.

There are those who could extract the clothing meshs I think from the client. The map pack of meshes  I have was a  mapack of a out 75 meshes by a member from Curio with Utherveres blessing - if I rember correctly.  All the prop maps and clothing meshes in RLC were extracted their by a user using Granny.  Again, a user did it.  But this is all water under the bridge. The point only to show that could be done most likely also.

Gizmo has stated the next major update deals with clothing customization.  None of us really knows  what that means. The examples provided above were provided to clear up misconceptions of what actually can be done and how such a feature could be beneficial and how skills can develop - just like the World Editor.

Having experience in the system I have shown above, I am firmly convinced that a automatic system of texturing should not require Dev approval anymore than World Editor rooms. The sheer volume of things made daily would be overwhelming and create a bottleneck. Better to let people just wear what they like.

Everyone should be able to enjoy texturing the meshes the Devs approve. Meshes are a whole different thing.  They need quality controlled because of performance issues.

Edited by THX

13 hours ago, THX said:

Meshes would be copyright property of the creator I would imagine just like any artists art is. They can give to whoever they please and deny anyone they please.

No, that's not how it works legally. You need to register your product to have copyright ownership. The same way we can't copyright things we create in this game, rooms, we have no legal rights to claim any copyright over it, they don't have any over any creation using Unity, unless it's registered. And this game isn't registered either. That's how they aren't able to sue for example those idiots who pirate the game and release it separately on their own server. They can ban people related to them, but aren't able to legally charge them.

So basically nothing is copyrighted. I can share you my creation if I want, they can share you the mesh if they want. It's only a question of will.

Edited by Tsela

1 hour ago, Tsela said:

No, that's not how it works legally. You need to register your product to have copyright ownership. The same way we can't copyright things we create in this game, rooms, we have no legal rights to claim any copyright over it, they don't have any over any creation using Unity, unless it's registered. And this game isn't registered either. That's how they aren't able to sue for example those idiots who pirate the game and release it separately on their own server. They can ban people related to them, but aren't able to legally charge them.

So basically nothing is copyrighted. I can share you my creation if I want, they can share you the mesh if they want. It's only a question of will.

Did you read about how copyrights work today? I did. Registration is not needed. It is an option. 

37 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Did you read about how copyrights work today? I did. Registration is not needed. It is an option. 

yes it is an option. and nothing is copyrighted, until you actually copyright it. Look it up how you can copyright anything. You claim it for your own, it also has that copyright symbol in case of a product for teh time of registration. It is needed in this case because it's not a painting you made with your own tools, It's a game you made using free Unity, a platform that belongs to another company. A hammer or chisel you are using to make a statue for example isn't copyrighted, you can make the exact same hammer if you want, so you don't need to register anything because you didn't use somebody elses legally copyrighted platform for your creation. But Unity is copyrighted. Since you don't own Unity, you need to register your product that was made using this tool. I can't claim copyright over a room I create for example using the tools from this game. I could claim that I'm an artist using the tools from the game to create rooms, but I am not able to claim it. This game also isn't copyrighted and can be copied by anybody. That's how they can't legally charge those stupid pirates. Only try to prevent people in the game talking about them.

Edited by Tsela

3 hours ago, Tsela said:

No, that is incorrect. Art is copyright protected automatically upon creation.  No registration is needed. It's a good idea too - especially in anticipation of legal disputes, but again, is automatic.

Look at the old worlds as an example. If you steal someones textures or layouts and can prove ownership you can file DMCA with them and they will enforce your rights and sanction the offender. If damages occur, you can seek legal recourse also. No one I know of has ever registered their "Zaby" (name used for property in another world).

All the assets made in Unity in the Unity store are property of their creators. That's why 3DX can't simply go on a shopping spree for any old thing there. They require special permissions. Usually a one time fee. It all depends on licensing. And the creators willingness.

In theory every build in 3DX is under copyright to the builder and cannot be used without consent and could become a legal issue,  but as far as I know never been tested yet.

On a side note, it's rather suprising 3DX hasn't gone more vigorously after the pirates version of their game. 

But then again, piracy is a huge and growing problem worldwide.

Edited by THX

49 minutes ago, THX said:

No, that is incorrect. Art is copyright protected automatically upon creation.  No registration is needed. It's a good idea too - especially in anticipation of legal disputes, but again, is automatic.

Look at the old worlds as an example. If you steal someones textures or layouts and can prove ownership you can file DMCA with them and they will enforce your rights and sanction the offender. If damages occur, you can seek legal recourse also. No one I know of has ever registered their "Zaby" (name used for property in another world).

In theory every build in 3DX is under copyright to the builder and cannot be used without consent and could become a legal issue,  but as far as I know never been tested yet.

On a side note, it's rather suprising 3DX hasn't gone more vigorously after the pirates version of their game. 

But then again, piracy is a huge and growing problem worldwide.

you are wrong.

If you create anything inside a copyrighted platform (Unity engine in this case), you need to register in order to publish, and that's the only way to copyright it, because you have to legally submit to terms of use of the platform. Same with Unreal, source, or anything else.

Unreal for example in that case used to ask for money from saless, whichever the case is in each agreement. But You don't own the engine.

What you are talking about is owning the tools for your creation, for example if you paint a texture, you own all those tools and you are not subjected to anything else. I explained all this above.

However, unless you program and make your brand new engine to create a game, you can't copyright anything unless you legally register it, since you don't own the rights over the platform. Just as you can't claim ownership of your creations inside 3dxchat, since the platform isn't yours, you can't claim ownership of a program you make in Unreal for example unless you copyright it by registering. You can create anything you want, nobody is stopping you, but you have no rights of legal ownership "automatically" as you said. It's not the ssame as it is in case of paintings, sculptures, whatever. Hammers and pencils aren't copyrighted. this is a digital content and all rights are reserved to you over your "product" only if you are registering, and submit to the terms of use of the engine, and legal agreements.

the reason why they didn't go more "vigorously" after pirates, is simply because they can't. The game isn't copyrighted and claimed under copyright laws. So in legal terms they aren't pirates, because they can copy an make use of digital content that isn't copyrighted. Anyone can make copies and distribute any digital content that isn't protected, for example, no matter what that is. It's how it works. 

Edited by Tsela

1 hour ago, Tsela said:

you are wrong.

If you create anything inside a copyrighted platform (Unity engine in this case), you need to register in order to publish, and that's the only way to copyright it, because you have to legally submit to terms of use of the platform. Same with Unreal, source, or anything else.

Unreal for example in that case used to ask for money from saless, whichever the case is in each agreement. But You don't own the engine.

What you are talking about is owning the tools for your creation, for example if you paint a texture, you own all those tools and you are not subjected to anything else. I explained all this above.

However, unless you program and make your brand new engine to create a game, you can't copyright anything unless you legally register it, since you don't own the rights over the platform. Just as you can't claim ownership of your creations inside 3dxchat, since the platform isn't yours, you can't claim ownership of a program you make in Unreal for example unless you copyright it by registering. You can create anything you want, nobody is stopping you, but you have no rights of legal ownership "automatically" as you said. It's not the ssame as it is in case of paintings, sculptures, whatever. Hammers and pencils aren't copyrighted. this is a digital content and all rights are reserved to you over your "product" only if you are registering, and submit to the terms of use of the engine, and legal agreements.

the reason why they didn't go more "vigorously" after pirates, is simply because they can't. The game isn't copyrighted and claimed under copyright laws. So in legal terms they aren't pirates, because they can copy an make use of digital content that isn't copyrighted. Anyone can make copies and distribute any digital content that isn't protected, for example, no matter what that is. It's how it works. 

I assure you you are wrong and a little research on your end will confirm this. Just read art copyright law.

Tools are not art. An artist doesn't have any rights to the brush they use, only to what they paint with it.

Also, there is much you can read on art being automatically copyrighted upon creation.  That is easy to confirm and not debatable The moment I draw a picture of a skyscraper it is mine and all rights are too. If I take a picture of a skyline, that is automatically mine, and if I write a song, that is also.

I don't  think you are  understanding the use of game engines and such. Whatever you create in them can be owned by the creator under the liscense agreement. Unity has no legal claim over 3DX outside the liscebse anymore than 3DX has claim to Unity. As they are a company, that is different than art.

I have posted the Unity Store legal several times.  Anything in the Unity Store is covered by it but doesn't limit ownership. Meaning, just because I have an asset in the store, I can't make other agreements. And no, each and every person who has an asset in it doesn't have them registered. This is easily confirmable. Just go to the US copyright page and pick some assets trees and see if they are registered.

Dude, the game is Copyrighted. It has the symbol. THAT Is registered. Just look at the bottom of 3dxchat.com page. 

If you doubt this contact them and ask. If you don't believe them perform a search, or hire a company that does one. Costs $200 an hour 2 hour minimum if you want the US copyright office to do it for you.

Edited by THX

2 hours ago, Tsela said:

yes it is an option. and nothing is copyrighted, until you actually copyright it. Look it up how you can copyright anything. You claim it for your own, it also has that copyright symbol in case of a product for teh time of registration. It is needed in this case because it's not a painting you made with your own tools, It's a game you made using free Unity, a platform that belongs to another company. A hammer or chisel you are using to make a statue for example isn't copyrighted, you can make the exact same hammer if you want, so you don't need to register anything because you didn't use somebody elses legally copyrighted platform for your creation. But Unity is copyrighted. Since you don't own Unity, you need to register your product that was made using this tool. I can't claim copyright over a room I create for example using the tools from this game. I could claim that I'm an artist using the tools from the game to create rooms, but I am not able to claim it. This game also isn't copyrighted and can be copied by anybody. That's how they can't legally charge those stupid pirates. Only try to prevent people in the game talking about them.

You did not read that. I got it. 

I can use 3ds max, Blender and Unity and sell my product that I made there as my own. It depends on licence of program I use. Every creative work is automatically copyrighted. If we talk about U. S. copyright laws. 

2 hours ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

You did not read that. I got it. 

I can use 3ds max, Blender and Unity and sell my product that I made there as my own. It depends on licence of program I use. Every creative work is automatically copyrighted. If we talk about U. S. copyright laws. 

Sure you can do many things, everybody sells their stuff online. The only difference is, that I can sell your creations also as my own too unless it's registered under copyright laws and copyrighted.

Anyway I'm bored of this subject. We hijacked the thread long enough with copyright stuff

Edited by Tsela

I am not sure if it is the same in the US but here in Aus the copyright is done just by applying the copyright symbol with the year and publishing it somewhere, the copyright is then yours from the time you published it. That goes for written things, pictures and such. Things like hammers, say a new type of hammer, they need to be patented. If a copyright is disputed it then goes to who published it first with a copyright.

In the US you don't have to have the symbol. It's a good idea to register and use preventative methods though to be sure.

There is a term for it, but I don't know of it offhand. It's why companies do searches in the databases. Not even the symbol for Trademark I don't think like at the bottom of 3dxchat.com  page, but many do and people without registered Trademarks sometimes use it anyway. Yeah, Patents are different.

I wouldn't advise it, but I would love to see someone take someones asset and sell it as their own on the Unity Store and tells us honestly what happens step by step.

Fun times....fun times. 😁

How do I report a copyright infringement for an asset on the Asset Store?

IMG_9236.png

Penny
  • 1 month ago
  •  
  • Updated
Follow
Symptoms

• I have seen an asset on the Unity Asset Store that is using copyrighted content.
  • An asset on the Asset Store is copying my original work.

Cause

You may have found an asset published to the Asset Store that you believe is copying original work by yourself or others, and wish to report it.

Please note that Unity take these instances very seriously, so it's really important to follow the appropriate protocol.

Resolution

To follow proper legal procedure, if you are the owner of this product, we ask that you visit and read through our Copyright Policy before filling out a DMCA Takedown form against the product.

Please note: these requests should only be submitted by the copyright owner or an agent authorized to act on the owners behalf. 

If you are not the owner of the product in question, but know who the owner is, it's best practice to contact the owner of the asset. You can find these details under the 'Support Contact' section of the Publisher's asset page.

In addition to notifying the owner of the original work which is allegedly being copyrighted, you can notify the Customer Service team to run an internal investigation. The Customer Service team can be reached via the contact form here: Customer Service Contact Form.

Please send the Customer Service team as much relevant information relating to the issue as possible.

More Information

If the asset in question is being copied on a site other than the Unity Asset Store, please see the article 'My Asset is being pirated, How can I get the torrent removed?'

Edited by THX

All above is true for assets published on the Unity Store, you can notify them about your claim that someone else published something over which you own the copyrights and have them removed from the platform. Same goes for other platforms like youtube and others. You file a copyright infringement claim and have the disputed creation removed if you can prove that you are the legal owner of the said product.