3DXChat Community

VR support (HEY Gizmo!)

Why do you add new technology when the technology you already have is not complete or fixed, like say, VR support for instance.

If you offer something in your software it should be working correctly or worked on to try and resolve the issue. I would rather not have a feature in the game then one that only works halfway right. If you have no plans to address the issues with VR  please let us know. And if you are please provide info regarding the status.

I would rather not have a feature if it only works halfway be available. If this is the wrong place to post this I apologies as you do not have a piss and whine section for Gizmo. :)

Just a thought, if you need someone to help with fixing it and field test any changes you make I will be glad to volunteer any of my time to help you by testing in world for you and report my findings on any schedule you would prefer. If I can help fix the issues I complain about, it  would be rewarding for me to work in the solution instead of complaining about it. Just a thought. My PC is More then capable for the task specs as follows

i5-9100 6@3.9

32 Gb Dual Channel

Nvidia GTX1060 3Gb

Highspeed cable Internet wired or wireless -  currently configured Gigabit wired Lan

Latest Oculus Rift S

Gygabyte 390 Auros Pro wifi Gaming Mobo

Plenty of HDD Space

Again I am more then willing to help out free of charge to sort this out. 

There are several issues.

avatar names do not appear above the avatars unless you get right up to them, I mean if you were standing in front of another avatar you would have to be almost touching.

the only way to remedy this is to set names to appear on hover. and if you do that and return to show names always, every avatar in the room is listed at the very bottom of the screen in a big pile nowhere near the avatar it corresponds to.

the way it works is there is a dot that you use to select things, like the keys on the onscreen keyboard. you position the dot on the letter you are choosing and click your mouse. This "dot" does not line up correctly to animations and the like. For instance to grab a beer you have to aim the dot way high above the bottle and a tad bit to the left to make the trigger icon appear to grab the beer. Furniture works as it should aiming the dot but the animation trigger is invisible. And you also as I stated before you have to be really close to it. 

The oculus touch controllers are useless, if you are more comfortable using vr that way. But the mouse functions correctly.

Typing on the onscreen keyboard is very slow and almost unusable, and if you do it takes up probably about 60% of the viewing area. It will open every time 

you type, in fact the game will not allow you to turn it off even if you are using a keyboard. The caveat there is if you can type without looking, the keyboard works as it should.

It is not a long list of stuff but it is enough to make it not fun at all. It  will work but just not fun the way it is now. It is such an amazing way to experience the game, but it is terrible you can't use it.

As far as the typing, there is a workaround for it, the biggest issue is the aiming and avatar names.

I like to know who is in the room and who I am interacting with, and it is very annoying clicking on furniture or an object arbitrarily.

And reading profiles is a pain as well. If they could just fix those 2 things would be a major changer and at least make it usable.

Hey @SerenityWillow
Thanks for your feedback. Back in 2013, we added VR support to the game. Then we had one of the first Oculus Rift DK1 (Dev Kit 1) helmets. Later around 2017, we updated VR support for the Oculus Rift CV1 helmet. At this point, Oculus no longer sells CV1 and a new model Oculus Rift S is available for PC.

We also constantly update the version of the game engine, change the game code and something may be broken. Thanks again for your feedback. When we decide to work on improving the VR component, we will take into account your comments.

• Gizmo changed the title to VR support (HEY Gizmo!)