3DXChat Community

Suggestion: Improving "Select Location" -- whatcha all think?

robinn

Wow the room list has sure grown bigger since I was last here! Makes it hard to find a specific room or room host player, so how about this idea which would help you navigate the list in the "For All" section...

1. Add a drop-down selector at the top of the page to sort the room list under the "For All" section by:
a) Host name
b) Room name
c) Number of players in room
d) Length of time room has been online.

Promoted rooms could still appear the top of the list .... ??

2. Add a "filter" box where you can type in a Host's name or room name (or any part thereof) and it would filter the list to show only matching rooms. This would make it so much easier to find a specific room you like to visit rather than scrolling and scrolling.

This should be fairly easy feature to add imho :)

To take this idea to another level (and not as necessary as the above idea), I could see adding a "Category" field that the room host sets when she/he shares it for public access where a single "Category" can be selected from a fixed list such as "Dance Clubs", "Role Play Rooms", "Sex Rooms", "Themed Rooms", "Event Rooms", etc. and that would cause the list to be organized under those categories.  If no Category is selected that's ok too, it would show up under an "Uncategorized" group of rooms. You would not want to have user-defined Categories of course otherwise the list would become unmanageable, so would need to put some thought and get player input as to the list of Categories 

What do you all think?

Edited by robinn

• robinn changed the title to Suggestion: Improving "Select Location" -- whatcha all think?

@robinnyou are reading my mind. I've been intending to make these exact suggestions. I fully support this and I would love to see both of these ideas implemented, and possibly a search function for room names as well. Room navigation is something that desperately needs an upgrade, and all of these things would vastly improve it.

One more thing I would like to see is on my friend list or in the Room list a highlight of rooms hosted by friends 

I have some friend who hosts a room once in a while and it would be nice to see when they have it open for public, even a join friends room button on the FL or profile page 

But a sorting and searching in the room list would be great to have

• 2 weeks later...