3DXChat Community

Idle Kick Timers

Nikki

I like how the AFK faction of the game suddenly wakes up and enters this thread all polarized, throwing empty insults. Why dont you use this energy ingame aswell instead of sitting in the same stool for 3 weeks like a wax figure. 

Well, as I said it's no one business why they afk, or why they sit and chill somewhere, just try to not go butthurt about how other people play 3dxchat in a their own way, afk or present, online or offline.

Also calling them "faction" is like calling for dramatic replies.

People being afk in a room should not be an issue.
I know people that literally leave their avatar online 24/7, and that's fine.

The rooms at 0 people clogging up the Room List, that's an issue though.
But these two things are not related.

So an AFK-timer, not needed.
Auto-Closing a room as soon as nobody is IN it, yes.

There are merits to both sides of this topic and I can see why views are separated.

However this is a discussion, there is no need for personal attacks & insults.

Escalating it to personal attacks.  Does nothing but show everyone on the forum the height and shallow depth of your own I.Q. 

It's easy to insult, it takes intelligence to form a cohesive counterpoint and actually bring something to the table.

Edited by Abbey

15 hours ago, Leeloo said:

well even if i'm not for a anti iddle thing, Nikki is right about games (even paying ones) having an anti iddle feature.

In SWTOR (Star Wars The Old Republic, for the ones who don't know) if you are around 30 minutes afk, you are disconnected from the server.

In Eve online, after a certain amount of time being afk, you are disconected from the game too.

And these are only two exemples. I suppose that there is lots of other paying games that disconnect the players after a time being afk.

Though, as i started my post, i'm not for this feature in 3DX :)

being idle doesn't waste any resource nor causes the game to lag, that's just bad optimization. In a game like vindictus you don't have afk timer, sure the game doesn't have the greatest optimization, but it doesn't lag because there are many players. This is a chat/sex game, it doesn't need a timer. It would be hella annoying chatting with someone and then having to move from time to time, or you're deep into rp and having to switch pose or something just so you don't get kicked. If you're refering to wasting resources, you probably mean MNF. That game doesn't have afk timer because of this, it's because there are many players and they will just fill the servers. WOW for example has quene because it has many players. 3DX is pretty much like being idle inside the menu of the game, you're still inside the server, also 3DX doesn't have that many players to have such timer. 3DX uses different servers, if you think other people cause the game to lag, isn't true. There are people who join from around the world and that would've caused lots of lag in the game, if it was with those servers you think about.

There are many times I go into a club and listen to the dj and dance without talking to anyone.  I have never seen this as a problem.  I sometimes go to admire the build of the room.  As a room owner I never took issue with it either.  It is not like the number of people in a room are a problem like in other games I have played.  I could see if we were limited to 10 person occupancy or 25 people even.  So please explain the problem to me?  Or is it just that someone was sitting near a fire or in a chair you wanted?

Edit to add:  When people enter a room and never move from the landing they cause lag.  So if lag is your issue when you join a room please move to another area of the room to cut lag for yourself and others.

Edited by SusanLouisa

On 5/13/2021 at 6:33 PM, Takisa said:

it seems like you never had a couple with whom you fell asleep together in the evening and waking up in the morning already waited without losing your hug all night

AMAZING

Miauu

I think if the game servers were at their limits and no upgrades were coming to fix it, this could very well be an option to look at, but as that isn't the case currently, I doubt it would be well received.

Because this is a paid subscription, its hard to justify it in any capacity, if it was a free to play game sure, then you can kick for inactivity cause perhaps you don't see those people as providing anything to keep other players interested and so on.

I know a couple of people that enjoy simply being around people, without necessarily talking or any direct contact, they just enjoy being there, seeing people move around, things happening and such. For them being able to get that virtually as well is great, so if this became a thing, it would greatly take away from their experience with the game.

And without poking too much at anyone in this thread, if for personal reasons or whatever else you'd rather not see someone, the ignore function is there just for that.

There is a lot to consider before implementing something like this, and I just don't think we need it just yet

On 5/12/2021 at 7:23 PM, Nikki said:

Hello,

Its something that is bothering me for years now, and I am yet trying to figure out why people do it, or what the deeper purpose is behind this.

This game needs an idle-kick timer like any other game with online services. Why do you need to idle AFK for weeks in a Sexgame? Are you mining xGold? No! You just wasting space and ressources. I think it should be possible and is probably needed to add an anti idle system to the game that kicks you out after a certain amount of inactivity. To me theres no point in staying logged in a game that you dont pay attention to, while doing other.

I am not saying you should be booted after 5 minutes but I think a solid 1 or 2 hours idle kick would be gentle and ressource saving for everyone. Less zombie clutter ingame that doesent respond anyway.

No?

The real question is: how exactly does that affect you in-game? It's their subscription time, so if they want to waste it by being AFK, then that's their prerogative. Why should any of that worry you? Besides, what makes you so sure they're AFK, anyway? Maybe they just don't want to reply to you or they could've alt-tabbed 3DX and may be doing something in the background. Who knows, right?

About wasting space and resources, why would you care? Isn't that something the devs should worry about?

Edited by Charlie Masterson

An afk timer on a sex stimulation simulation game that saves on resources...

Sadly the hamster that keeps the wheels on turning will still not get the rest it deserves for maintaining these servers...

Besides it will make it way too easy for the devs not to maintain them properly to begin with, afk poses would be a good thing though. 

hmm, shall dabs make a comeback afk style?

dabdabdab.jpg

6 hours ago, Solo Darling said:

An afk timer on a sex stimulation simulation game that saves on resources...

Sadly the hamster that keeps the wheels on turning will still not get the rest it deserves for maintaining these servers...

Besides it will make it way too easy for the devs not to maintain them properly to begin with, afk poses would be a good thing though. 

hmm, shall dabs make a comeback afk style?

dabdabdab.jpg

it should be. those who are afk more than 2 hours would be log off automatically except room hoster. Sin club would be clean this way so does those who just stand on landing zone.