3DXChat Community

LOVENSE LOUNGE - Grand Opening - This Friday MAY 14 - 7pm CEST

chloe

2 hours ago, Lamu said:

If you not agree the situation ar free to leave 3dx and go to an alternative game

Se giocando ad armi pari non si emerge è perche' non si vale nulla.... qui non si giocava ad armi pari e la gente si lamenta di questo... Non sei nessuno per dire o consigliare  qualcuno di lasciare 3dx... lo lasciasse chi è un ignorante e parla fuori luogo.

5 hours ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

I was at both sides yesterday. Both rooms were good, but I made a natural choice. I chose the place with better fps lol

Let's face it.....anyone who plays a 3D animated game like 3DX Chat in this day and age on a PC that is more than 5 years old should not be surprised at low FPS. I had no problems yesterday in a room with 344 guests. I play 3DX on the highest graphics card settings. Of course, few people own such PCs, but on low settings even good older PCs should not get any problems yesterday. The room was built very well and clean.

2 minutes ago, Felia said:

Let's face it.....anyone who plays a 3D animated game like 3DX Chat in this day and age on a PC that is more than 5 years old should not be surprised at low FPS. I had no problems yesterday in a room with 344 guests. I play 3DX on the highest graphics card settings. Of course, few people own such PCs, but on low settings even good older PCs should not get any problems yesterday. The room was built very well and clean.

Like i had anything against that. I like both rooms. But one room had less fps than other and i chose the place that was more comfy for me. Did i say anything bad about a room? I didn`t.

22 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Like i had anything against that. I like both rooms. But one room had less fps than other and i chose the place that was more comfy for me. Did i say anything bad about a room? I didn`t.

no all good @Ex. I only went to the problem related to powerful PC in today's time. It was not to be understood as a personal attack against you. As @Twiggy has explained very well, I am also of the opinion that you should not be surprised if you go with a mediocre PC in a very crowded club and the FPS go down. If you play 3D animated online games, you should have the appropriate equipment. That's just my humble opinion. hugs

Edited by Felia

13 minutes ago, Felia said:

no all good @Ex. I only went to the problem related to powerful PC in today's time. It was not to be understood as a personal attack against you. As @Twiggy has explained very well, I am also of the opinion that you should not be surprised if you go with a mediocre PC in a very crowded club and the FPS go down. If you play 3D animated online games, you should have the appropriate equipment. That's just my humble opinion. hugs

Yeah, i got it. I just wanted to show why some people went where there were fewer people. hugs.

5 hours ago, Twiggy said:

Likely the 1st person that goes in the empty room, until someone is in there it is not really open. Or if people are in there when the owner leaves either the game server or someone in the room would become the new host. But that is how Unity works in all the games that use Unity.

This is copied from the Unity website...

During a multiplayer game with host migration enabled,Unity distributes the addresses of all peers (players, including the host and all clients) to all other peers in the game. When the host disconnects, one peer becomes the new host. The other peers then connect to the new host, and the game continues.

The Network Migration Manager component uses the Unity Networking HLAPI. It allows the game to continue with a new host after the original host disconnects.

3DXChat uses our networking solution, not Unity networking. The player's computer is never the host, only the client.
The 3dx server is the host always.

EDIT: Since writing my original comment, no mostly removed, a few things regarding the Lovense event have some to light, and so I've edited this post reflect.

My original post was largely a complaint against 3dx itself, for I was under the impression (wrongly) that it was a 3dx room, with 3dx hosts, spending a limitless amount of gold even when the room had hundreds of people. This was frustrating to me at the time because for the rest of us gold costs real life currency and / or time investment. But it turned out that wasn't the case at all.

It was an event put on by community members and gold paid out of pocket (I didn't ask if they were reimbursed. The event was put on by, among others, White Breeze, and I have some good friends with that group, namely IamTrouble (no relation :P ). I had no idea, one of the organizers, someone else I know, even changed their avatar name to Lovense. I don't know 3dx's involvement beyond endorsing the event on the log in page. I still don't necessarily agree how boosting was handled and how the event was promoted. The friction could have been avoided but hey, we're human, we make mistakes, and we learn.

Bottom line is that I am SUPER PROUD of IamTrouble, White Breeze, the other groups, the DJ's, dancers, etc. for their success that night and what they accomplished. There was just a misunderstanding about how "official" the party was. 

It's great that 3dx endorsed this event. In the future, to avoid misunderstandings, events like these should work OUTSIDE the boost system, and featured on top of the room list in it's own section (e.g.: "3dx Official" along with "Friends", "Group", and the rest. (which reminds me, why is boosting even possible for friends rooms and group rooms?). Also, a little more advanced notice would be great! 

Thanks for reading, Peace ❤️

Edited by AmyTrubblemaker

19 hours ago, Delhia said:

Se giocando ad armi pari non si emerge è perche' non si vale nulla.... qui non si giocava ad armi pari e la gente si lamenta di questo... Non sei nessuno per dire o consigliare  qualcuno di lasciare 3dx... lo lasciasse chi è un ignorante e parla fuori luogo.

Si tratta di una mia opinione e libera di esprimerla, non ho usato parole forti e non ho offeso nessuno. Se un prodotto non ti piace non comprarlo, se una chat non ti piace puoi scegliere di non farne parte, non mi pare fuori luogo quello che sto dicendo e non capisco questa reazione......

16 hours ago, Gizmo said:

3DXChat uses our networking solution, not Unity networking. The player's computer is never the host, only the client.
The 3dx server is the host always.

Really, if you mean that your servers host all the scenes and pass every single bit of information to each and every client in all those scenes, then my answer to that is what a waste of resources and Unitys capabilities.

Edited by Twiggy

3dx is a company and as such has its own strategies, when you sign up you accept the rules that are clearly set out, like any product if the consumer (end user) disagrees, he can freely choose not to buy it.
Contrary to those who accused me of not being anyone, as a user respectful of the rules I expressed my personal opinion without making any direct reference, without attacking anyone and also using calm and civil tones, I expect the same to those who reply to my words ...

1 hour ago, Twiggy said:

Really, if you mean that your servers host all the scenes and pass every single bit of information to each and every client in all those scenes, then my answer to that is what a waste of resources and Unitys capabilities.

It is not wasteful. You want to get into a technical issue of the game that you do not know, unity is the engine that has the highest performance not because it uses the client's computer.

Edited by Tiazinha

3 hours ago, Twiggy said:

Well, try to understand basics of client-server-computing then. When entering a location, your client downloads location information from server, the world-file so to say (this is, simply spoken, the reason why people were able to "steal" world-files). Server then calculates positions of all avas in the room, which poses / dances etc. they are using, which clothes they are wearing (or not...)  and delivers this information to your client. Your client renders the actual scene locally for you.

When you / your ava are doing anything in your local game client (moving, changing poses, changing clothes, whatever...) your client sends this information to server, which calculates new "full" setting and delivers this back to all clients.

That means: lag is mostly a client issue. Network issues may lead to the well known de-sync-situations etc.

Edited by Kemistry

53 minutes ago, Kemistry said:

Well, try to understand basics of client-server-computing then. When entering a location, your client downloads location information from server, the world-file so to say (this is, simply spoken, the reason why people were able to "steal" world-files). Server then calculates positions of all avas in the room, which poses / dances etc. they are using, which clothes they are wearing (or not...)  and delivers this information to your client. Your client renders the actual scene locally for you.

When you / your ava are doing anything in your local game client (moving, changing poses, changing clothes, whatever...) your client sends this information to server, which calculates new "full" setting and delivers this back to all clients.

That means: lag is mostly a client issue. Network issues may lead to the well known de-sync-situations etc.

I think just about everyone understands the basics of server client relationships as you have just described, but Unity is designed to share the work load and lower the load put on the main server. In Unity you can assign different tasks that a server would normally look after to be handled by the client that opens the scene. When you open your room in 3DXChat you open a new scene in Unity. The game can be set to have the scene openers computer to deliver information to anyone who then enters the room. Things like avi position, which animation they are using and clothes they are wearing are normally sent to other client computers from the computer that opened the scene. Put it this way, if the game server was to handle all then lets say 40 rooms are open each with say 30 people in them. The server would then have to handle all the information sent to all the people in all 40 scenes. Whereas if the game uses what Unity has to offer then there would be 40 of the players computers helping out. So the main game server is not having to do all the work and each of the 40 scene owners computers does just a small amount to allow that. Even a cheap computer with just an average Internet connection could handle say 40 people in a room. If what I have just been told by someone who does a lot of work in Unity is correct, then you can also assign a scene limit of visitors before the main server would then take over with what had been assigned to the scene openers computer. If Gizmo has his servers hosting all the information for every scene then he is having to supply larger servers and bandwidth that he really doesn't need to do.

I went to the party the party was great although I seen a lot of naked bald people.

Now can we all post banners of events or advertise our clubs on the 3dx log in screen ?

plus can we have more then 300 free xgold a day to boost our rooms.

the lovenes event was rarely below third on the list before getting boosted im sure Gizmo brought buckets of xgold with him

40 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Fui na festa a festa foi ótima apesar de ter visto muita gente careca pelada.

Agora podemos todos postar banners de eventos ou anunciar nossos clubes na tela de login do 3dx?

além disso, podemos ter mais de 300 x ouro grátis por dia para aumentar nossos quartos.

o evento lovenes raramente ficava abaixo do terceiro na lista antes de ser impulsionado, tenho certeza que Gizmo trouxe baldes de xgold com ele

I don't think that putting it on the login screen makes any difference, if Gismo invites me to put mine on the login screen, I doubt it will fill up with people. The groups and the people here in this game have a certain destiny and their preferences. Unfortunately you may be the best designer in the world, but here none of that matters. This could become a profitable service, charging 50,000 gold to put the room on the login screen for 24 hours. Marketing has its price ... lol

Edited by Tiazinha

there's a number of things that go into making a party... it's not only about how good the room looks... its also about how good the DJ is and about how good the host is at keeping people engaged in the chat.
making the greatest room in the world and sitting in it flexing fingers, doesn't make a successful party

boosting also is part of the equation... and yeah it costs money... just as DJ renting a casting server costs money... 
but in the end no one is forcing anyone to throw parties anyways.

10 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

there's a number of things that go into making a party... it's not only about how good the room looks... its also about how good the DJ is and about how good the host is at keeping people engaged in the chat.
making the greatest room in the world and sitting in it flexing fingers, doesn't make a successful party

boosting also is part of the equation... and yeah it costs money... just as DJ renting a casting server costs money... 
but in the end no one is forcing anyone to throw parties anyways.

exactly,and partner with various groups...but when you make a partnership you say that I help you if you help me... lol. For that reason that my room wouldn't make a difference on the login screen...lol

Edited by Tiazinha

On 5/16/2021 at 7:26 PM, Tiazinha said:

exactly,and partner with various groups...but when you make a partnership you say that I help you if you help me... lol. For that reason that my room wouldn't make a difference on the login screen...lol

The target of a room sholud be have fun and share it with the presents, the numbers or basonate dj not affects the quality of the experience. Just good music and fun.

On 5/15/2021 at 3:15 PM, AmyTrubblemaker said:

Bottom line is that I am SUPER PROUD of IamTrouble, White Breeze, the other groups, the DJ's, dancers, etc. for their success that night and what they accomplished. There was just a misunderstanding about how "official" the party was. 

It's great that 3dx endorsed this event. In the future, to avoid misunderstandings, events like these should work OUTSIDE the boost system, and featured on top of the room list in it's own section (e.g.: "3dx Official" along with "Friends", "Group", and the rest. (which reminds me, why is boosting even possible for friends rooms and group rooms?). Also, a little more advanced notice would be great! 

So much this (bolded above), a communication team hired for 3DX (that specialized in community engagement, not just "management") and advanced and more detailed notice would have solved just about every issue. My feedback is still directed solely at 3DX itself (that I gave elsewhere), and remains so but is best summarized in the above quote. 

Remember, just because someone protests something doesn't mean they are against you.

~Double Trubble, oil and Trouble 💗

On 5/16/2021 at 12:15 AM, AmyTrubblemaker said:

EDIT: Since writing my original comment, no mostly removed, a few things regarding the Lovense event have some to light, and so I've edited this post reflect.

My original post was largely a complaint against 3dx itself, for I was under the impression (wrongly) that it was a 3dx room, with 3dx hosts, spending a limitless amount of gold even when the room had hundreds of people. This was frustrating to me at the time because for the rest of us gold costs real life currency and / or time investment. But it turned out that wasn't the case at all.

It was an event put on by community members and gold paid out of pocket (I didn't ask if they were reimbursed. The event was put on by, among others, White Breeze, and I have some good friends with that group, namely IamTrouble (no relation :P ). I had no idea, one of the organizers, someone else I know, even changed their avatar name to Lovense. I don't know 3dx's involvement beyond endorsing the event on the log in page. I still don't necessarily agree how boosting was handled and how the event was promoted. The friction could have been avoided but hey, we're human, we make mistakes, and we learn.

I want to thank you for that post, Amy...
This party was indeed a community event, the first official community event since I joined in 2018 and I was proud that Lovense and 3DXChat officials had the idea to ask for the help of "New Basement" and "White Breeze" when it comes to hosting this event. I felt this as a huge responsibility and of course it means to compete against other events. There is not a single second in this virtual world where no other event is happening.

As you might know, this party was planned for another day, which meant that one of our own events would have overlapped with this community event but we agreed nonetheless. Then it got postponed to Friday on short term which affects other events but... I think this community event in general was a very good idea. People are always asking for a chance to meet Gizmo or Lisa and now they had the chance to do that. People might feel offended a lot more when Gizmo and Lisa start to visit events of group A every week and not visiting events of group B. So they had their own community event in their very own game and of course devs should be able to advertise a real community event in the way they want it.

In any case, not regarding the troll postings of some really resentful persons, I feel there is much more understanding from both sides now. I guess everyone would agree with the idea that hard work should be rewarded in any game or environment. New Basement and White Breeze are supporting the community since years and Im sure we deserved that and we got tons of feedback from people who were really happy with the event and congratulated us.
Thank you, you are the ones we are working for that hard.

I forgot to mention... if something like this would happen again, I would take the lessons from this event and make it an even better community event next time. More preparation, more information... of course! Not everything was perfect... I totally agree with that. But before bashing someone we should try to change our point of view, being interested in the decision making and the pressure that comes with such an event, making huge decisions on short terms and... Im not sure if anyone here would have made no mistakes at all.
Live and let live... because we are all part of the same community. And I love to be here and provide content, being a host for all of you and building up White Breeze to support this game and community in a much bigger way than a single individual could ever do.

Hugs and greetings to all friends and supporters of White Breeze.

I just wanted to pop in and say it was a really great event @IamTrouble Knowing how much effort you've put into organizing the various events you've been involved with over the years, this felt like your swansong :) And hey, if this is just the first official event, and there's more to come, I'll be there to lend it my slut-energy and, well, not much else. I don't really have any talents that translate well in-game :P