3DXChat Community

LOVENSE LOUNGE - Grand Opening - This Friday MAY 14 - 7pm CEST

chloe

11 minutes ago, Torax said:

I bet the best builders will also have low fps with 300 + people in their room.

I would doubt it, it is more that there is 300+ people in a room that creates the problem. Lots of people would have a slow frame rate even if the room was small with a low poly count. You would need a decent computer to be able to be in a room with 300+ people and have a fast frame rate.

1 minute ago, Twiggy said:

I would doubt it, it is more that there is 300+ people in a room that creates the problem. Lots of people would have a slow frame rate even if the room was small with a low poly count. You would need a decent computer to be able to be in a room with 300+ people and have a fast frame rate.

Yes Twiggy exactly my point. The issue last night with fps was less the room itself than the number of avis in it.

9 minutes ago, Jannick said:

We cant proof it because others get not a free advertisment for months of work for the community .... we get banned for a advertisment in the World chat .. think about it ;)

Well I am sorry but I dont see it as free advertisement. It was an official party, it seems logic to me that they promote their own events. Do you really think there is a before this party and after this party? Last night I looked at the room list, and it was looking pretty much as usual, and tonight will be the same. 

Think at it also this way: Lovense became a 3DXChat partner, and I bet both sides have some targets and expectations from this partnership. Lovense will promote 3DXChat on their side and reverse. Personally it all makes sense the way it went.

Edited by Torax

I not see the problem, partnership and profit are natural target in business, about equal rights and opprtunities far all, in past some clubs had act at the same way against other minor ones and now claims for this event? 🤣

52 minutes ago, Torax said:

Yes Twiggy exactly my point. The issue last night with fps was less the room itself than the number of avis in it.

Oh sorry Torax, I looked back and saw I had misread what you had said. Yep, who ever hosted it must have a good computer or there will have been lots of crashes.

27 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Oh sorry Torax, I looked back and saw I had misread what you had said. Yep, who ever hosted it must have a good computer or there will have been lots of crashes.

Does the hosts PC really matter? I'm sure the room file is transferred to the 3DXC server. And the other players connect to the 3DXC server, not to the hosts PC?

58 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Exactly. 300 models could eat more fps than a room itself. A character has a lot of things like polys, normal maps, rough maps, reflections and animations. So I chose a room with less bouncing bewbs :lol:

don't forget the new ultra jiggly tits... I bet those are an fps hog on their own 😂

but I see some people talking as if the room didn't take time to build and put together.
I am not sure if they think the builders snapped their fingers and the room came to life in matter of minutes or what :D

Edited by Anaganda

2 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

don't forget the new ultra jiggly tits... I bet those are an fps hog on their own 😂

but I see some people belittling the time and effort put into making the room.
I am not sure if they think the builders snapped their fingers and the room came to life in matter of minutes or what :D

I can not forget about them. They are all around jiggling and eating fps lol

About the rooms and protests. I like them as they are. I bet that all the builders understand how its difficult sometimes. This is the 2nd Day as I cant create a good normal map. Such a hell. ^_^

37 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Does the hosts PC really matter? I'm sure the room file is transferred to the 3DXC server. And the other players connect to the 3DXC server, not to the hosts PC?

Sorry but you are wrong, check out what a scene is in Unity. What you will find is that when someone opens a room they create a new scene in Unity and then their own computer does a lot of the server functions. Things like positioning of people, what they are wearing and what animations they are using are all sent from the hosts computer to everyone in that room/scene. It is how Unity works, it shares the load of the game with players who open scenes so the servers for the game don't have to do all the work. But yes the room itself is loaded from the main server.

Edited by Twiggy

3 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

About the rooms and protests. I like them as they are. I bet that all the builders understand how its difficult sometimes. This is the 2nd Day as I cant create a good normal map. Such a hell. ^_^

I didn't mean you EX, dear... you still have a 5 years time to finish the HQ room :P 

3 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Sorry but you are wrong, check out what a scene is in Unity. What you will find is that when someone opens a room they create a new scene in Unity and then their own computer does a lot of the server functions. Things like positioning of people, what they are wearing and what animations they are using are all sent from the hosts computer to everyone in that room/scene. It is how Unity works, it shares the load of the game with players who open scenes so the servers for the game don't have to do all the work. But yes the room itself is loaded from the main server.

Hmmm, but how can the host leave 3DXC and the room stays open as long as players are in the room? Which PC / server is doing the work then?

12 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Hmmm, but how can the host leave 3DXC and the room stays open as long as players are in the room? Which PC / server is doing the work then?

Likely the 1st person that goes in the empty room, until someone is in there it is not really open. Or if people are in there when the owner leaves either the game server or someone in the room would become the new host. But that is how Unity works in all the games that use Unity.

This is copied from the Unity website...

During a multiplayer game with host migration enabled,Unity distributes the addresses of all peers (players, including the host and all clients) to all other peers in the game. When the host disconnects, one peer becomes the new host. The other peers then connect to the new host, and the game continues.

The Network Migration Manager component uses the Unity Networking HLAPI. It allows the game to continue with a new host after the original host disconnects.

Edited by Twiggy

20 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Likely the 1st person that goes in the empty room, until someone is in there it is not really open. Or if people are in there when the owner leaves either the game server or someone in the room would become the new host. But that is how Unity works in all the games that use Unity.

During a multiplayer game with host migration enabled,Unity distributes the addresses of all peers (players, including the host and all clients) to all other peers in the game. When the host disconnects, one peer becomes the new host. The other peers then connect to the new host, and the game continues.

The Network Migration Manager component uses the Unity Networking HLAPI. It allows the game to continue with a new host after the original host disconnects.

Thanks for the info Twiggy - I never thought about this in detail.

1 minute ago, chloe said:

Thanks for the info Twiggy - I never thought about this in detail.

It helps to know that, isn't as important as it use to be as most peoples computers are more powerful now. But if you are going to hold a big event it pays to make sure the host has a good powerful computer and Internet connection. Years ago it use to really show when people made big rooms and tried to host them with low grade computers.

1 minute ago, Twiggy said:

It helps to know that, isn't as important as it use to be as most peoples computers are more powerful now. But if you are going to hold a big event it pays to make sure the host has a good powerful computer and Internet connection. Years ago it use to really show when people made big rooms and tried to host them with low grade computers.

Mhm I wonder now, even if the host has a good pc, but low internet speed, how will it affect the others? Could it be the cause of the various bugs we see in rooms?

Just now, Torax said:

Mhm I wonder now, even if the host has a good pc, but low internet speed, how will it affect the others? Could it be the cause of the various bugs we see in rooms?

Maybe some, but most people now have fairly good connections, although here we have a problem at different times of the day with connection to other countries as Australia doesn't have enough bandwidth in the cables to over seas. 

I have a feeling the boobs thing is likely a Unity update problem. If what people are saying is correct and Gizmo doesn't update his version of Unity then things like updates to graphic card drivers and even windows can have an effect. Unity includes updates that fix problems where those updates cause problems, if Gizmo isn't using the latest versions of Unity then those fixes haven't been included. He said somewhere that he believed it to be a Unity update problem, maybe that is what he meant. If say Nvidea updated their drivers and included a new function for the maths that the game uses to make the boobs bounce, then it may not work correctly anymore., Just a theory. 

Hello everyone,

The PETHUNTER Magazine invites you to a free discussion about the Lovens integration, the Lovense Lounge opening event and the Build 431 upgrade in general.

For we know new users cannot register in here you can join us on Discord use the #lovens-discussion channel to describe your point of view.

Every opinion will be accepted. Just stay fair and show respect for others and their opinions.

https://discord.gg/CgQNgjkNnc

Moon
Editor of the PETHUNTER Magazine

Edited by Feuermond

47 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Thank you, this explains it 😃