3DXChat Community

LOVENSE LOUNGE - Grand Opening - This Friday MAY 14 - 7pm CEST

chloe

The only "fair" solution would have been if they provided the room themselves and got an external DJ. So nobody could say, "why were other members of the community chosen and not we?".

And like someone mentioned before: they could have announced a "Collaboration Party" without giving details in advance. 

I’m genuinely confused here about all of this. 

Way I understood it was that Chloe just renamed a planned but unrelated event to Lovense whatever, and Gizmo saw it and gave it some free advertising. 
Or am I missing something?

Gizmo just co-opted a player event. 
Lucky for the organizers, but no malice involved. 

Then again, I might be totally wrong. 

As far as I understood it, this is an official event by 3DXC and Lovense. In the pics you can see that they even have Lovense toy objects that were created especially for this event (and not built in the World Editor, they were provided by the devs).

9 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

As far as I understood it, this is an official event by 3DXC and Lovense. In the pics you can see that they even have Lovense toy objects that were created especially for this event (and not built in the World Editor, they were provided by the devs).

What pics?

2 hours ago, Snick said:

You mean games with dedicated Dev teams that put out content on a regular basis? You can't really compare them to 3DX considering the game already HAS a strong emphasis on users building and enriching the world. Apples and Oranges Pan.

Honestly, the event itself doesn't bother me, and the DJ names i recognize on it, i can vouch are all talented at what they do, but this defense your rushing to is missing the point of most of the complaints and some of them ARE valid.

True, but I would argue that a lot of what we players do is not "official" to the game, where as when other games (like the ones I listed) when they add something everyone is affected. 

If I build a room and have a party, the game is not affected. Like when I had my Breast Cancer awareness 48 hour marathon... I asked for 3DX to get involved, I asked if I could set up the "donate to room builder" to a breast cancer organization (because someone pointed out to me it was against the rules to) and I never heard back, so I just had a entrance banner that occassionally I would throw out. It didn't affect the game at all. There was someone, I found out that had planned an event the same weekend. I honestly didn't know about it until the Monday before and all of a sudden I had a group of people hating me (and I think still do) because I refused to change dates. The Davinas had an event that Friday, but came to me and we helped each other, promoted each other on Discord and here. The other person chose to just hate me. WHY? If the event was for breast cancer awareness, why not still have it? 

Same tomorrow (tonight), you have something planned great... but almost every night people bounce from room to room. I never got the whole "it's a competition" idea between rooms. We're all here to have fun. If numbers are why you build a room and have a party, then you will be disappointed because except for your core group people are going to room hop. This lovense event is not mandatory and if I don't like the music I won't stay (99% of the time I have the radio turned off anyway). Give me a reason to room hop to your room.

We don't all have to like each other or get along, but not every one is going to like a room and/or the music... we don't need to be nasty about it. Hell, once you get passed the flowers, I'm one of the biggest, asshole, selfish pricks in the game.... and if I can host a room where for 2 hours it was just me, the dj and a friend and people every now and then popped in and left because it was dead and it didn't affect my over blown ego... someone having a party and 20 people show up... then have fun with those 20 people... don't take it personally.

Next Friday it'll be just you again no big event.

Somewhere in there I had a point but then my overinflated ego had me talking about myself and the point was lost.  :(. 

And there really isn't much in the way of competition to 3dx as a game, we see it all the time as people come here from what other games exist you've been here long enough pan, you've seen the sudden floods. 

I don't no about "no competition" 3DX is by far the best from what i have heard, BUT I have also seen people leave for other games for one reason or another. So there is competition out there and NOT just the games... Imagine if Adam and Eve had heard about this (or another company along those lines) and decided they were going to go to one of the others and partner and try to beat Lovense to the punch. So, who knows. Having owned my own business once upon a time and having worked for my dad's company (granted 2 totally different industries than this), I know first hand how cut throat business competition can be and how something you plan and worked on, can backfire because your competition (whether better or not) beats you to the punch.

Not saying THAT IS what happened but it is one possibility as to why they chose the date they did.

2 hours ago, Snick said:

I will say, the people arguing there should have been a competition for the slots and build, are not thinking about the logistics of how big a undertaking that would be, this is a sponsored big event after all, and with a small team running the game.... while it would have been nice for them to tell everyone how they came to the choices on who they picked might have calmed some of the complaints, lets be honest, there would still be some of you mad about it.

And yes, no matter how this had been done in choosing who made the room, who danced, who dj'd there was always going to be drama and people second guessing.

Kinda Off Topic but:

As far as I understand it, when just recognizing there is no new patch, this official party will start with new bugs, most obviously ones are the missing lipstick, uncontrolled shaking breasts and a new hoodie that is not usable with long hair. So if I like to be sarcastic, and yes I want to be sarcastic, it's not only the Lovens party but "the new bugs party" too.

I am not exactly sure the integration of Lovens toys into 3DX is worth the price of additional bugs because the integration has caused too less effort into assuring the software quality and its correct functionality.

It may be worth the thing for SGD and Lovens but it is not regarding my user experience and acceptance. Though we got new poses and new clothes my felt grade of enjoying 3DX has become smaller as long as these bugs are not fixes. No party will make this better again, only instant bug fixes can help.

Anyway: Have fun everyone as good as possible in 3DX and thanks to those who try to make the best out of it.

Edited by Feuermond

2 hours ago, Jannick said:

Agreed to Torax and all others which are disapointed to this.

A lovetoy cooperation gets an advertisment because it brings money in the pocket.

A simple advertisment for other events ( like the building competions ) which were work for months ... gets nothing.
Doing something for the community seems the privilege of a few ... what a shame.

Sorry for my frustration, this place gets creepier every day :(

Mhm, not sure you got excactly my point. It is an official party, so it is normal to be advertised. It is a new partnership and the new partner is a well known company in its market, not some shady unknown company, so I belive it is a great deal they did there. As many explained, timing might was short short to prepare it and they went to people they already worked with. 

I believe what create the confusion was the fact this party was announced by Chloe and not Gizmo. So people felt it was all organized by Chloe. It might be the case, but the real project sponsor is Gizmo who delegate work to some people he picked. Like 3DX choose to work with Lovense, they choose to work with them. Yes they could have picked other people who could have done the job too, but they had to make choices. 

The reaction about why them and not me if you are youself builder, part of dance group or dj is normal I think. If you like what you do and you like this game, you wish to be part of it, so yes it is normal for me. Once the surprise time is past, and you think more at it, you understand it could simply not be all builders, all djs and all dance groups for this event.

Let's wish the best for the ones who got picked cos they have been put in a tricky situation and I am sure they will do great tonight.

My last question now is, will the toys props be in the next update so we can use them in world editor? :)

1 hour ago, Derai said:

That part is what is going to make me skip this party, haven’t played 3DX since I saw that bug. Totally ruins my mood for anything in the game. 

If the quota of people who leave because of the bugs and those who come in new increases we may get a chance things get better.

As the dust clears and upon closer inspection of the room builder and DJ's..... I can understand now why the shitpile has grown here....
All of those involved have never been critical HERE of Gizmo.....
Kemistry and Alivia (who many would consider a superior builder) and myself can not make that claim...lol
Therefore ....this is pretty much a political reward for all those people involved.....and that's fine.
I am not going to change just for the sake of one Event .....and believe it or not it we and everyone else will have to be included eventually for this to be really successful in the end anyway....so there is really no need to get upset about all this...
Life in 3dx will go on :)

20 minutes ago, Jade Kali said:

All of those involved have never been critical HERE of Gizmo.....
Kemistry and Alivia (who many would consider a superior builder) and myself can not make that claim...lol
Therefore ....this is pretty much a political reward for all those people involved.....and that's fine.

I don't think that. First of all, i never criticized gizmo ;) Then, for example, White Breeze had been good friend with the Offgang. Why should gizmo reward them?
I think it is like Chloe said. She is in the game since... ever? Some say longer than gizmo himself ;)
So you need to know the right people and be at the right place when someone says "hey, we want to do a lovense event, are you interested in supporting that?" Chloe was asked and she did what everybody else would have done as well: she used DJs of her group and partners / friends of her group.  Simple.
It is free decision of one or two companies, no need to do "grassroots decision-making"...

7 minutes ago, Kemistry said:

I don't think that. First of all, i never criticized gizmo ;) Then, for example, White Breeze had been good friend with the Offgang. Why should gizmo reward them?
I think it is like Chloe said. She is in the game since... ever? Some say longer than gizmo himself ;)
So you need to know the right people and be at the right place when someone says "hey, we want to do a lovense event, are you interested in supporting that?" Chloe was asked and she did what everybody else would have done as well: she used DJs of her group and partners / friends of her group.  Simple.
It is free decision of one or two companies, no need to do "grassroots decision-making"...

You have never been critical of Gizmo or 3dx?

Not even the game design? or all the stoppages?.....or the bugs?

Edited by Jade Kali

i see a lot of frustration, and some misunderstandings in here.

first of, as far as the djs are involved, noone gets any free gold, no lovence toy, no free game time, no nothing.
we all pay for this day the same gametime as everyone else.
and you all can be sure that every female player of us would love to have the lipsticks back, as everyone else.
not to mention the fix of some other glitches.

to the fairness which djs are involved - someone mentioned it before, it was about someone knows you, timing, luck, avaiabillity in this indeed very short time of planing.
personaly i do not understand why this should be seen as unfair, in the other hand i was not getting a request by someone else for this evening in an other club, because someone else than me was knowed, had the right timing, was avaiable and had luck to get asked. and im happy for them.

for the planing time, and maybe other ways to handle the planning, i have to say yes, some here are right.
the devs knowed very well when the patch will come, and they had the posibillity to plan someting in a better way.
for example to say - make us a concept, best concept team will do the event.
but honesty, do you realy wonder that something like that didnt happen?

and also honesty, would you have been said nooo, taking me would be unfair since you didnt ask others too, i dont care that there will be a event in 6 days if this is this unfair?
no. everyone of you would have said yes, with pleasure.
the comunication between the devs and the comunity was, is and will always be very awefull.
not to mention the interest in players wishes about content.
again, everyone whos involved today is also a part of you all when it comes to that point.
its is NOT a WE and YOU. it is ALWAYS an US.

i see every week that there is a grand opening this, anniverswery that in times when etablished clubs have "their" event evening. but when this happen, noone crys in the forum about.
you can try tpo not to make your event when friends of you do one, most of the time.
but since we all pay the same for the game time, since when the rriday is owned by someone, and the saturday by someone else? did you payed for that? fine, where i can pay for the sunday afternoon?
in this case it is not even realy a players choise when the event happen.
this is as chloe mentioned a 3dx, a gizmo-lisa-lovence event, not a players group event.
no player group have anything out of it someoen elso do not get today too.
and i cant speak for everyone, but in the case of this group who actualy planned the event - with more time given by gizmo before there surely would have been a speaking to other groups too about the time to prevent that others feel overrolled.

and when we talk about this, i would love to see that people start instead to complain about today in first to complain about the envy poison culture we have in 3dx in general. noone seems to accept the sausage on the bread of someone else. it doesnt matter if you are in a dj group, if you are part of a players group, a room owner, in a dancetam, you name it.
even in the no chat cold rooms you have this lol. and this envy culture, you do not find in any other online world on this level.
isnt that sad?
someone else have 20 guests more... awwww, thats now my new favourite enemy, he she stinks anyways.

why not just let the guests decide by themselfs where they like to spend their time, why not just having a good time by yourself with your friends, why not respect the others success if they have one, why not just live, enjoy life and let live?
and if one is realy not able to do so, why at least do not think quality over quantity?

some here realy should take some time to think about that.

Edited by Venita

12 minutes ago, Jade Kali said:

You have never been critical of Gizmo or 3dx?

Not even the game design? or all the stoppages?.....or the bugs?

No, I think I didn't. Because it makes no sense to me. Gizmo offers his "product" to me and I can decide to buy it or not. And since I've never seen a flawless product, there is no need for me to criticize or complain about 3dx. As I said: if I don't like it anymore, I can go. Period. Maybe it is because I understand what lot of others don't seem to understand: 3DXCHAT is driven as a business and not as a fun place for a self-declared community.

Edited by Kemistry

3 minutes ago, Kemistry said:

No, I think I didn't. Because it makes no sense to me. Gizmo offers his "product" to me and I can decide to buy it or not. And since I've never seen a flawless product, there is no need for me to criticize or complain about 3dx. As I said: if I don't like it anymore, I can go. Period. Maybe it is because I understand what lot of others don't seem to understand: 3DXCHAT is driven as a business and not as a fun place for a self-declared community.

ok...I can live with that.....I'll remove ur name from my reply if u want .....but it doesn't sound like u are a wild supporter of his either......

16 minutes ago, Jade Kali said:

ok...I can live with that.....I'll remove ur name from my reply if u want .....but it doesn't sound like u are a wild supporter of his either......I still find it hard to believe you had nothing negative to say about the game especially those 5 months it constantly broke down.....but I'm not going to bother to research it....and as a reporter I suppose you are duty bound to remain neutral   :)

Edited by Jade Kali

32 minutes ago, Jade Kali said:

ok...I can live with that.....I'll remove ur name from my reply if u want .....but it doesn't sound like u are a wild supporter of his either......

I buy his product. I don't have to be wild supporter or wild critic to do so. If parts of this product annoy me, I can post it into tech- or dev-forum. But then, it is decision of the company how they prioritize the things they want to improve or add. And I assume they make decisions like every other company: from a business perspective. For example: a few people don't like the new bouncy boobs (including me) - but all the guys love them ;) So from business perspective, I wouldn't change them. You can never satisfy everybody.

But there is also kinda "world" around this business product 3DXCHAT with all the groups and events and discords and websites and tools and... and... and... And I CAN be supporter or critic of this world because I am part of it and I can change it. This is something completely different.

Edited by Kemistry

4 minutes ago, Delhia said:

Ciao ragazzi... Qualcuno ti ha avvertito che stai sostenendo un'azienda che produce gomma? Da come ne parli sembra che tu stia lavorando contro la fama nel mondo ... ma pleaseeeeee .... hahahahaahhahha

Dipende da quale fama vogliono passare ... hahahahahhaah sicuramente 3dx riempirà il portafoglio, loro riempiranno altro aahahahahahhahhhh