3DXChat Community

Lovense users: any review yet?

I would love to know experience of male users with Lovense toys. I bought toys of another company just some weeks before this  cooperation with Lovense was announced and made official. On one hand I just like this development, on the other I'm just a bit 'pissed' that I was to early with my independent purchase...

Are there any male users that can tell about their view on this? What Toys are used and are you satisfied with how it works? Can you probably make any proposal or recommendation?

After spending about 250 EUR before for Toys of another company it's not an easy decision to spent maybe the same amount of money again just to have the ingame-integration...

Thanks in advance !!

Edited by LadiesToyDE

• 3 weeks later...

On 5/16/2021 at 3:59 PM, Lovense Support said:

For security reasons, control over Lovense toys is only possible through the official Lovense apps or through third-party apps with the built-in Lovense SDK. This method of connection eliminates the possibility of interception of control over the device by a third party. Given the nature of Lovense products, the health and safety of our customers are key factors in our work.

Nice try. But what about these points:

1. My huawei smartphone cannot connect to the Google's appstore (or how is it called...). How to install the app? To buy another phone? But I really like the life without Google!

2. I bet YOUR app requires permission to access MY: phone storage, location, identities, camera and so on. Is it about safety or security? :D

Well, involving the phone makes this feature completely useless for me. But thanks for funny answer.

Edited by Laaz

On 7/28/2021 at 6:56 AM, Laaz said:

Nice try. But what about these points:

1. My huawei smartphone cannot connect to the Google's appstore (or how is it called...). How to install the app? To buy another phone? But I really like the life without Google!

2. I bet YOUR app requires permission to access MY: phone storage, location, identities, camera and so on. Is it about safety or security? :D

Well, involving the phone makes this feature completely useless for me. But thanks for funny answer.

Hi Laaz,

You can download Lovense Remote APK directly from our website here: https://www.lovense.com/sextoys/download

If you have any complaints or suggestions regarding the security of the Lovense Remote app, feel free to contact us here https://www.lovense.com/contact

Enjoy playing 3DXChat ;)

16 hours ago, Lovense Support said:

Hi Laaz,

You can download Lovense Remote APK directly from our website here: https://www.lovense.com/sextoys/download

If you have any complaints or suggestions regarding the security of the Lovense Remote app, feel free to contact us here https://www.lovense.com/contact

Enjoy playing 3DXChat ;)

Hey there!

I'm sorry but the "Android" link on the page you've provided follows me to the Google Play store. So I'm still unable to install the app. But I'm really interested in this app, at least to check out the permission list...

If you can't install the app, I don't understand why you need to understand about the app permissions so much.  Surely without the app, the permissions are of no consequence to you.

However, the app permissions listed for the app on the Google Play store do state camera, location, microphone, storage, bluetooth, network, biometrics, etc.  Identities & contacts are not specifically listed as far as I can see. (Google Play/Lovense Remote/About this app/App Info/App Permissions/See more)

However, as you refer to security and safety in your posts then it is not just the app permissions you need to be satisfied with. You also need to be happy with the Privacy Policy so you know what what personal data you are agreeing to being accessed, used, shared, etc.  This is also visible on the Google Play store. (Google Play/Lovense Remote/Developer Contact/Privacy Policy)

But first, you need to be able to access the Google Play store, which is nothing to do with Lovense or 3DXChat.

Interesting though that you seem concerned with security...yet you chose a Huawei phone 😂.

Edited by Leopardus

On 8/3/2021 at 5:40 AM, Laaz said:

Hey there!

I'm sorry but the "Android" link on the page you've provided follows me to the Google Play store. So I'm still unable to install the app. But I'm really interested in this app, at least to check out the permission list...

Hi Laaz, please contact our support here: https://www.lovense.com/contact

Our support team will tell you how to install the Lovense Remote APK on your smartphone

Thank you!

Edited by Lovense Support

On 8/3/2021 at 4:34 PM, Leopardus said:

If you can't install the app, I don't understand why you need to understand about the app permissions so much.  Surely without the app, the permissions are of no consequence to you.

However, the app permissions listed for the app on the Google Play store do state camera, location, microphone, storage, bluetooth, network, biometrics, etc.  Identities & contacts are not specifically listed as far as I can see. (Google Play/Lovense Remote/About this app/App Info/App Permissions/See more)

However, as you refer to security and safety in your posts then it is not just the app permissions you need to be satisfied with. You also need to be happy with the Privacy Policy so you know what what personal data you are agreeing to being accessed, used, shared, etc.  This is also visible on the Google Play store. (Google Play/Lovense Remote/Developer Contact/Privacy Policy)

But first, you need to be able to access the Google Play store, which is nothing to do with Lovense or 3DXChat.

Interesting though that you seem concerned with security...yet you chose a Huawei phone 😂.

Of course I'm able to install the app directly from signed apk. And unsigned too. And any apk, since I'm root on MY device :D

And of course I'm able to block permissions are redunant in my opinion. But I find it unfair a bit. When the connectivity functions are implemented in windows application I'm pretty sure there's no location, sound, video and biometrics information is collected. Since there's no devices to access it, or they could be unplugged physically.

About Privacy Policy. I care about it because some hackers didn't read it. I will not post the direct link here, but you can find out the article about hacking some BLE-enabled devices (also wan't list these devices here) in the internet. Not sure that's the truth, but...

And about huawei: may be I'm wrong but seems like the info about data stealing is just a part of the trade-war. Anyway I don't care about chineese intelligence service. :D

Anyway thank you for your opinion. It might be better to stop the technical discussion here. I'll try to contact the support team to make the things clear for me.